VIZIO E601i-A3 vs. Samsung PN60F5300 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > OLED Technology and Flat Panels General > VIZIO E601i-A3 vs. Samsung PN60F5300

OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

borkowskis09's Avatar borkowskis09
09:42 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
05-29-2013 | Posts: 2
So here's the deal, I am moving into a new apartment and am upgrading from my 47'' Vizio LCD for a new living room set. I watch a lot of TV, play a lot of video games, and watch a ton of sports, especially the NFL. I have been doing hours of research and can honestly not decide between these two. I have also considered the more expensive TC-P65S60 and I am waiting to see if it drops over the next few weeks. I am going to buy curtains that hopefully will keep the room relatively dark and majority of my TV watching will be at night. However, NFL Sundays are spent on my couch all day staring at the televisions, so that is important. I do like Vizio as a brand, even though they have had their issues, so that is not the brands are all reliable, imo. Any info on any of these sets from experienced users would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any other suggestions for 60+ inch HDTV sets that are around 1000$ I will consider it.

Thank you in advance for any of the help, hopefully speaking with like-minded people about these sets will help make my decision easier.
hoozthatat's Avatar hoozthatat
01:38 PM Liked: 38
post #2 of 3
05-30-2013 | Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by borkowskis09 View Post

So here's the deal, I am moving into a new apartment and am upgrading from my 47'' Vizio LCD for a new living room set. I watch a lot of TV, play a lot of video games, and watch a ton of sports, especially the NFL. I have been doing hours of research and can honestly not decide between these two. I have also considered the more expensive TC-P65S60 and I am waiting to see if it drops over the next few weeks. I am going to buy curtains that hopefully will keep the room relatively dark and majority of my TV watching will be at night. However, NFL Sundays are spent on my couch all day staring at the televisions, so that is important. I do like Vizio as a brand, even though they have had their issues, so that is not the brands are all reliable, imo. Any info on any of these sets from experienced users would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any other suggestions for 60+ inch HDTV sets that are around 1000$ I will consider it.

Thank you in advance for any of the help, hopefully speaking with like-minded people about these sets will help make my decision easier.

If sports is a major usage of yours, which obviously it is, as is the same for me, then the no brainer is one of the PDPs. The Vizio won't hold a candle to either the Samsung or Panasonic. If you can afford the S60 then I'd lean that way, if not, then the F5300 is still a very solid value. The only way I'd recommend the Vizio over either one of these is if you weren't going to buy curtains, and even then it'd be a very, very shaky recommendation.
borkowskis09's Avatar borkowskis09
12:15 AM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
05-31-2013 | Posts: 2
Thank you so much for your response, you confirmed the way I have been leaning. Thanks for the input.
Tags: Samsung Pn60f5300 60 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E601i by PriceGrabber.com
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Subscribe to this Thread