AVS Forum banner
2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  NLPsajeeth 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Yeah, I had high hopes for this set but for some reason it doesn't have the Motheye screen the Japanese version has, it still only has HDMI 1.4 and they are not using the IGZO backplane. I am still going to wait for a couple of years for 4K content and standards to be developed and prices to come down. By then I hope to get an 80" 4K IGZO with MothEye and HDMI 2.0 for under $5000.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech  /t/1479017/sharp-4k-70-announced-for-u-s#post_23469138

Strange. No mention of the MothEye screen that the Japanese LC-70UD1 gets, even though it has to be basically the same display. Also. it looks like in Japan the 70UD1 is selling for $6500 despite is $8500 MSRP.

Sharp seems to have amnesia about having brought Moth-Eye to our attention in the first place. It's a classic case of the left not knowing what the right hand is doing. No wonder they are having financial difficulties.

#7 ·

That is for the Japanese model which has a similar model number. I forgot which site had an article from the US release presentation, but they confirmed no MothEye in US version and no mention of it in the official US press release. I think HDguru confirmed it as well.

#10 ·
Reactions: rogo
#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.