LCD Smart Features Vizio vs Samsung - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to get my daughters each a 32" or 40" TV in their rooms. I want a smartTV so they can use their netflix account. Im looking at a Vizio 42" E series with smart apps that is about $100 less than a similar Samsung 40" 5500 series. My only fear is the apps being slow and cumbersome. Which of these will have the faster processor and better more intuitive app suite?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZAJ View Post

I am looking to get my daughters each a 32" or 40" TV in their rooms. I want a smartTV so they can use their netflix account. Im looking at a Vizio 42" E series with smart apps that is about $100 less than a similar Samsung 40" 5500 series. My only fear is the apps being slow and cumbersome. Which of these will have the faster processor and better more intuitive app suite?

I find the Vizio interface to one of the more cumbersome UI's on the market (right along with the Sony UI.) In my opinion Samsung did a very nice job of cleaning up the interface in their Smart Hub this year and ultimately that's the way I'd lean.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the case, but it is always nice to hear other experiences.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:

Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the case, but it is always nice to hear other experiences.

Last year I honestly would've called it a toss up, but I appluad Samsung's efforts to revamp and improve their UI

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
Old 06-26-2013, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:

We just bought a Samsung 40" set (EH5300) for my son to take away to graduate school. While I'm not a fan of Smart Tv's, this seems to work very well for what he watches (mostly Netflix). As far as faster processor/more intuitive, I can't say (all SmartTV's are lacking in one area or the other). Personally, I'd steer clear of Vizio in this class.

Tags
Samsung Un40d5500 40 Inch 1080p 60hz Led Hdtv Black