Samsung KN55S9C 55 inch OLED owners thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 241Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 1013 Old 06-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
KE55S9CST and the one connect box

Hello
Sorry to hijack this thread. I am based in the UK so here things may be different but the SEK-2500 is definitely not compatible with the KE55S9CST.

If you use the one connect box from that evolution kit all you will see on the screen is an image of a one connect box and a tv with a lead connecting the two. Despite doing as instructed this image will continue to be displayed.

I purchased my tv as an ex display model and it did not come with the one connect box nor the remote controls. I have since come across a used one connect box which I believe is the correct one for this model. However, when I connect this to the tv although the image disappears I get nothing else appearing on the telly. Is there anything else I need to do to get my tv working?
Do I need the remote controls? Or do I have a defunct tv?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tracey
rottenegg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 1013 Old 06-03-2015, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenegg View Post
Hello
Sorry to hijack this thread. I am based in the UK so here things may be different but the SEK-2500 is definitely not compatible with the KE55S9CST.

If you use the one connect box from that evolution kit all you will see on the screen is an image of a one connect box and a tv with a lead connecting the two. Despite doing as instructed this image will continue to be displayed.

I purchased my tv as an ex display model and it did not come with the one connect box nor the remote controls. I have since come across a used one connect box which I believe is the correct one for this model. However, when I connect this to the tv although the image disappears I get nothing else appearing on the telly. Is there anything else I need to do to get my tv working?
Do I need the remote controls? Or do I have a defunct tv?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tracey
So ur the one selling it on ebay.uk ?
vaktmestern is online now  
post #903 of 1013 Old 06-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
That's where I bought it from! Was advised by Samsung that the evolution kit would work with it which is why I bought it but it does not.
rottenegg is offline  
post #904 of 1013 Old 06-03-2015, 02:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 17,337
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Did you try it without the evolution kit?
JimP is offline  
post #905 of 1013 Old 06-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello JimP
When first purchased we also bought the remote controls, stand and evolution kit. Switched it on without connecting anything and just got the image of a one connect box on the screen. Plugged in the evolution kit and the image remained unchanged.
Samsung then advised that the evolution kit was not compatible.

Have since purchased a one connect box and when I connect this the image disappears but nothing else happens except for the occasional flash image on the screen 'smart tv' but that disappears almost immediately.
rottenegg is offline  
post #906 of 1013 Old 06-04-2015, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenegg View Post
That's where I bought it from! Was advised by Samsung that the evolution kit would work with it which is why I bought it but it does not.
Hope u did se that the guy u bought it from sold the glasses Evo box and still has the remote up. I contacted him abt it when the add was up. Got a fantasy story.
vaktmestern is online now  
post #907 of 1013 Old 06-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No I did not know that. How are you seeing all this? Can you pm me as I really would love to get this working!
rottenegg is offline  
post #908 of 1013 Old 07-12-2015, 05:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
This samsung s9c is the best oled tv ever made better than any lg oled tvs. Ive gone from a krp to a panasonic zt, then lg ea980 then ea870 flat then ec930v after that had a eg960v but chosen the s9c as the screen to keep. It is truly a masterpiece - when compared to lg oleds the colours are off the nr filter the motion the screen uniformity. - the samsung s9c has these areas polished off - its like samsung know how to show a reference level picture and lg just want to release oled tvs. Even the new 4k lg oleds the colours are not quite there. Banding black edges its all still there.

Last edited by suge967mari; 08-13-2015 at 03:26 AM.
suge967mari is offline  
post #909 of 1013 Old 07-12-2015, 05:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Samsung advantages.
Unbelievable accurate colour reproduction.
Fantastic gradation of colour.
Acceptable motion. No judder
Better out of the box than lg
After callibration its still beats lg oled.
No uniformity issues
Shows colours and picture how it should be done.
Nr filter

Lg oled advantages
Slightly better in bright room viewing.

Until you've actually lived with the lg oled and samsung and reference level plasmas.
You wont know how good the s9c is
At first i thought the lg oled was the best tv out there even though i liked my zt colour and gradation. But once you live with a s9c you start to see the flaws in lg oled
Ive compared them side by side and its a clear winner the s9c.

Obviously callibrated is the way forward
Even new 4k oled by lg still have problems which the samsung s9c don't have.

Lg have a few years to sort out the 4k oled tvs they have. If samsung released a 4k rgb oled it would be so ahead compared to lg's
I hope panasonic sony or samsung release a 4k oled in the next year or so no rush at the moment.
rogershomework likes this.
suge967mari is offline  
post #910 of 1013 Old 07-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
anis_ber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 49
good luck if something happens to your samsung oled
vaktmestern likes this.
anis_ber is offline  
post #911 of 1013 Old 07-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Morning5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by suge967mari View Post
Samsung advantages.
Unbelievable accurate colour reproduction.
Fantastic gradation of colour.
Acceptable motion. No judder
Better out of the box than lg
After callibration its still beats lg oled.
No uniformity issues
Shows colours and picture how it should be done.
Nr filter

Lg oled advantages
Slightly better in bright room viewing.

Until you've actually lived with the lg oled and samsung and reference level plasmas.
You wont know how good the s9c is
At first i thought the lg oled was the best tv out there even though i liked my zt colour and gradation. But once you live with a s9c you start to see the flaws in lg oled
Ive compared them side by side and its a clear winner the s9c.

Obviously callibrated is the way forward
Even new 4k oled by lg still have problems which the samsung s9c don't have.

Lg have a few years to sort out the 4k oled tvs they have. If samsung released a 4k rgb oled it would be so ahead compared to lg's
I hope panasonic sony or samsung release a 4k oled in the next year or so no rush at the moment.
Compared to the Flat LG OLEDs -like my EA8800- the Samsung has much worse input lag, its curve distorts the picture and no one knows the life of the blue pixel.

Still I have heard great things about this Samsung OLED, it has no doubt, reference pq.
vaktmestern likes this.
Morning5 is offline  
post #912 of 1013 Old 07-12-2015, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pres2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,326
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Approaching two years (thousands of hours) with mine, and image is still excellent.
Pres2play is offline  
post #913 of 1013 Old 07-13-2015, 02:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
If it gives me a total of 4 yrs I'm happy because by then it will need updating.
So far its done tremendously well.
suge967mari is offline  
post #914 of 1013 Old 07-13-2015, 02:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
When i had the flat lg oled i actually thought it couldn't get better.
Samsung oled was better by a mile.
Better colour better motion
Input lag i cant tell the difference from the previous sets I've had. Blue pixel is twice the size.
No aggressive abl.
The curve is subtle compared to other curved tvs. Obviously id prefer a flat but the samsung oled you can live with because its just so subtle.
suge967mari is offline  
post #915 of 1013 Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Tompa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by suge967mari View Post
The curve is subtle compared to other curved tvs. Obviously id prefer a flat but the samsung oled you can live with because its just so subtle.
The Samsung Curve is actually "bigger" than the LG Oleds. The curve of the Samsung is on a 4200mm radius while the LG is at a 5000mm radius.
Turrican4D likes this.
Tompa is offline  
post #916 of 1013 Old 07-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I personally feel the samsung curve feels less pronounced.
Regardless who's tv is more curved, no lg oled can match the PQ of the samsung s9c
suge967mari is offline  
post #917 of 1013 Old 07-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Morning5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by suge967mari View Post
I personally feel the samsung curve feels less pronounced.
Regardless who's tv is more curved, no lg oled can match the PQ of the samsung s9c
Do you want to post pictures of your tv displaying some movies etc?
Morning5 is offline  
post #918 of 1013 Old 07-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Pictures will be posted very soon.
Morning5 likes this.
suge967mari is offline  
post #919 of 1013 Old 07-15-2015, 01:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Shame Samsung left they Oled tv owners dry n did not support it with updates or Even spare parts. A big Shame.
vaktmestern is online now  
post #920 of 1013 Old 07-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi, can anyone who owns a samsung s9c help me out.
My ps4 connected through hdmi is showing dark grey instead if black. Can someone tell me how to correct this.

On normal viewing it shows perfect blacks. Just started showing dark grey instead if black on anything on the ps4 games movies netfix. .
Where it should be black its dark grey.

Thanks
suge967mari is offline  
post #921 of 1013 Old 07-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Sorted it. Ps4 rgb colour was turned off causing the blacks to look grey.
Turned it to full and its back to its best.
suge967mari is offline  
post #922 of 1013 Old 07-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Morning5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by suge967mari View Post
Sorted it. Ps4 rgb colour was turned off causing the blacks to look grey.
Turned it to full and its back to its best.
In my experiece using Full will remove some details in dark scenes. Some games were designed using dark grey instead of pure black, Try more games.
Morning5 is offline  
post #923 of 1013 Old 07-17-2015, 07:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I felt with rgb colour off the picture going through hdmi looked washed out especially movies. Games looked ok.
suge967mari is offline  
post #924 of 1013 Old 07-17-2015, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RWetmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brick, New Jersey
Posts: 3,740
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I have no doubt that true RGB OLED is better in virtually every way than WRGB OLED. WRGB is kind of cheating in a sense, but it's still better than LCD/LED. Let's hope Samsung gets back into the OLED game and with true RGB very soon.
RWetmore is online now  
post #925 of 1013 Old 07-18-2015, 03:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
[QUOTE=RWetmore;35833058]I in terms of picture quality the Samsung KE55S9C is the best direct-view display – of any size, at any price – we’ve ever laid eyes on, beating even the Panasonic ZT60/ZT65 and the legendary Pioneer Kuros. It isn’t cheap, but then again, the crème de la crème usually isn’t.

Hdtv test vincent.
suge967mari is offline  
post #926 of 1013 Old 07-18-2015, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Wink

[quote=suge967mari;35849658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore View Post
I in terms of picture quality the Samsung KE55S9C is the best direct-view display – of any size, at any price – we’ve ever laid eyes on, beating even the Panasonic ZT60/ZT65 and the legendary Pioneer Kuros. It isn’t cheap, but then again, the crème de la crème usually isn’t.

Hdtv test vincent.
Now 4k oleds are out the Samsung Been beaten
vaktmestern is online now  
post #927 of 1013 Old 07-18-2015, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 385
[quote=suge967mari;35849658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore View Post
I in terms of picture quality the Samsung KE55S9C is the best direct-view display – of any size, at any price – we’ve ever laid eyes on, beating even the Panasonic ZT60/ZT65 and the legendary Pioneer Kuros. It isn’t cheap, but then again, the crème de la crème usually isn’t.

Hdtv test vincent.
Is that you Vegas oled?
5x10 is offline  
post #928 of 1013 Old 07-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The lg 4k TVs have a lot of improvements
The colour is still not as accurate and its still got problems like uniformity black edges banding.
Until a true rgb 4k oled is out, and some 4k material i'll be sticking with my true reference tv s9c.
suge967mari is offline  
post #929 of 1013 Old 07-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Ive previously had the lg. eg960v 4k oled. A top end tv but the samsung oled for me is so close to perfection after calibration. Don't get me wrong the lg 4k oled is the best 4k oled. But the majority of material you watch will be 1080p which the s9c shows a better picture. The 4k material from Netflix or amazon isn't worth the money, especially when netflix can barely get 1080p looking right.
suge967mari is offline  
post #930 of 1013 Old 07-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post
Now 4k oleds are out the Samsung Been beaten
I finally got the chance to see calibrated 55S9C and I have to tell you it is much better than any LG OLED
Can't wait to see Samsung 75" 4k true RGB OLED on the store shelves
UltraBlack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Samsung Kn55s9c Curved Panel Smart 3d Oled Hdtv



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off