Samsung KN55S9C 55 inch OLED owners thread - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 229Likes

Old 09-14-2015, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Guys

I own the Samsung OLED TV (UK Model) and have noticed on the Samsung USA site that there is Firmware updates available via USB download. Latest firmware available on Samsung USA site version 1007.3 and 1008.1 Does anyone know if this firmware would be compatible with my UK model OLED TV? As it is not listed on the Samsung UK support site. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 242
I'll check on that firmware tonight. I've never gotten a notification via the display, and I do believe I have the auto update activated.

Not so sure I'd want to chance updating, though. I have no problems with the set, and what if someone goes bad. No one at Samsung to help you with the set.

What does the update address???
Old 09-14-2015, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDY OLED View Post
Hi Guys

I own the Samsung OLED TV (UK Model) and have noticed on the Samsung USA site that there is Firmware updates available via USB download. Latest firmware available on Samsung USA site version 1007.3 and 1008.1 Does anyone know if this firmware would be compatible with my UK model OLED TV? As it is not listed on the Samsung UK support site. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Can you link me to this page with the new firmware? Mines on 1.004 and wouldn't mind upgrading it. Samsung doesn't even list any support info that I can find for this TV.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Go to Samsung.com and select OLED TV. There's only one, the S9C.

Gotta say, I'm curious. Let us know what happens! (Link below)

EDIT: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung S9C updates.PNG
Views:	782
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	940810  

Last edited by Pres2play; 09-14-2015 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Included link
Old 09-14-2015, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm not home, but you should be able to access the update from your display via WiFi.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres2play View Post
Go to Samsung.com and select OLED TV. There's only one, the S9C.

Gotta say, I'm curious. Let us know what happens! (Link below)

EDIT: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads
No idea how I couldn't find that. I'm downloading it now. Thanks!

I just wish it had release notes so I know what they fixed/changed. Not worth upgrading if its just for smart TV functions I never use. Maybe it will fix my random restart issue, I seriously doubt it though.

Quote:
I'm not home, but you should be able to access the update from your display via WiFi.
I have mine hooked up via ethernet and it doesn't show any updates available. It seems you can only update through USB only.

Edit: Well I upgraded successfully. I was really nervous because my TV just restarted by itself again right as I was about to plug in the flash drive. Can't find any change in menu or settings. ABL and input lag seem the same. There is only one change that might be different and it has to do with the evolution kit, though I may have just not noticed it before. That or it's there because I still have the flash drive plugged in. So far no restarts but that doesn't say much.

Last edited by rogershomework; 09-14-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 AM
AVS Special Member

The Evolution Kit Backup is new. I don't have that. It may help if you need to replace your box some day.
rogershomework likes this.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I downloaded it then moved it over to usb. The tv didn't recognise anything.
Is there any specific way of saving the firmware to usb. Does it have to be in a folder with a specific name.

Last edited by suge967mari; 09-16-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:24 PM

Mine didn't seem to recognize it the first go either with just the main file in the root. I had to copy the whole folder in the root for it to see it. I used FAT32 file system. The second time I also selected "all files" on the prompt that comes up when you plug it in. Then I went into the firmware update menu and it found it right away.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Have other owners used the S9C's multi-point white balance controls? I've noticed that on certain brightness levels the RGB controls do not respond well to manual calibration. Initially, I thought the controls were too coarse, but now after running various CMS software, namely ChromaPure and LightSpace, I'm convinced the 10-pt is broken.

EDIT: Just running a grayscale pattern with a meter you can see that the midrange readings do not respond when you max out the adjustments. Hopefully, it's just on my set.

Last edited by Pres2play; 10-16-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:23 AM

EDIT: Just running a grayscale pattern with a meter you can see that the midrange readings do not respond when you max out the adjustments. Hopefully, it's just on my set.[/QUOTE]

A professional calibrator who did mine, found no problems whatsoever.

Last edited by suge967mari; 10-17-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:43 PM

Edit: Well I upgraded successfully. I was really nervous because my TV just restarted by itself again right as I was about to plug in the flash drive. Can't find any change in menu or settings. ABL and input lag seem the same. There is only one change that might be different and it has to do with the evolution kit, though I may have just not noticed it before. That or it's there because I still have the flash drive plugged in. So far no restarts but that doesn't say much.

Ive saved it to usb. When i plug it in and go to software update it says " do you want to use the usb for update" but then doesn't find anything.
Any help how to update via usb. Much appreciated. .
Old 10-17-2015, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suge967mari View Post
EDIT: Just running a grayscale pattern with a meter you can see that the midrange readings do not respond when you max out the adjustments. Hopefully, it's just on my set.
A professional calibrator who did mine, found no problems whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. Must be my set, then. Maxing out red or blue has no effect; the reading stays exactly the same through much of the grayscale. Only using the Radiance Mini can I do multi point adjustment.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 38
for samsung OLED owners. can you run 2% 5% 10% gray scale. would love to compare it to LG oled and see what it gives
vaktmestern likes this.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by suge967mari View Post
Your in for a surprise. Because the greyscale 5% 10%
Doesn't look anything like the lg.
thats when you know samsung just know what there doing.
want pics not blabla
vaktmestern likes this.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Wants pics aswell not the bull avs n avf post this guy does.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Have other owners used the S9C's multi-point white balance controls? I've noticed that on certain brightness levels the RGB controls do not respond well to manual calibration. Initially, I thought the controls were too coarse, but now after running various CMS software, namely ChromaPure and LightSpace, I'm convinced the 10-pt is broken.

Just discovered today that the 10-point white balance controls work much better if you unlock the adjustment controls in the hidden service menu. This is usually done by a pro for calibrating Cal-Day/Cal-Night mode, and the controls are usually grayed out. I'm not sure if this is how the multi-point works on other Samsung sets, but it restored full 10 point function to my S9C.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:08 PM

Can someone kindly post the best possible picture settings, for the Samsung Oled TV.

Last edited by suge967mari; 12-17-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Samsung KN55S9 - Problems with Internet Dropping Out

I've had my set for a little over 1 year now, and great luck with it so far. I do however have a problem while streaming Netfilx or Amazon, with it dropping internet connectivity, or it appears as such (ever since inception). Will be watching either, and spinning icon appears, goes to about 25%, then drops out. Have to reboot the set to get internet back. Can happen multiple times within same movie too.

Have checked internet (Time Warner), and does not appear to be any issue there, and getting about 35 mBits download speed, and steady too. No issues with other devices on internet, and typically only use 1 source at a time also. Updated firmware to 1008.1, recently and still having issues. Also have tried both automatic & manual IP settings, and both manual and automatic DNS setting (8.8.8.8 manual), but problem remains.

Samsung tech looking into issue too, but thought forum could recommend potential solution. Thanks, and Happy Holidays.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi everyone what do we know about the lifespan of this particular model, how long has it lasted for you?

there's a guy selling some on ebay and AFAIK there's no vignetting or near black issues and I think I'll get one if someone can confirm there's a stood the test of time

thanks
Old 01-31-2016, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Really glad Samsung makes an OLED and hopefully they offer a full lineup thats actually for sale and not astronomically priced.

They are my preferred mfr to the others, but LG is the only one bringing things to the table right now.

With that said, does any one else hate the design of this s9c?

Looks like a fail of xbr2 design, and a marketing strategy to get you to yearn for a 65"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Samsung Kn55s9c Curved Panel Smart 3d Oled Hdtv