LG 55EA9800 55" OLED Owner's thread - Page 196 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5851 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Dse or uniformity issues?
Mine has uniformity that is on the right hand side
Your not using a 10ire photo, all those discoloration blotches in your grey scale show up as DSE. I have lived with three of them, I am very familiar with the 9800.

Yours is one of the better 9800's, my last one was really bad, swirling lines across the grey scale. Anyone can see the unevenness an heavy color patches on your right side. They are also on the left side but not as bad.

Last edited by Vegas oled; 08-22-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Vegas oled is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5852 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Your not using a 10ire photo, all those discoloration blotches in your grey scale show up as DSE. I have lived with three of them, I am very familiar with the 9800


Yours is one of the better 9800's, my last one was really bad, swirling lines across the grey scale. Anyone can see the unevenness an heavy color patches on your right side. They are also on the left side but not as bad.
I've taken pics of the 2 darkest slides in d-nices slides
Is that not 10 ire?

And yes, you can clearly see the uniformity issues
I posted those pics in response to your claim that ALL 9800s look like your last one, which they don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
This folks is what the 9800 looks like, Please zoom in on this photo. This issue is gone on the 9300. Please do not listen to 9800 owners who try to convince you the 1st gen is better, the 9300 is better in all areas. I have absolute zero complaints with it.


Don't like dis-information spread about the oled

Last edited by 5x10; 08-22-2014 at 10:05 PM.
5x10 is offline  
post #5853 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 123
impressive that Lg fixed the main issue with the oled tvs
vaktmestern is offline  
post #5854 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
I've taken pics of the 2 darkest slides in d-nices slides
Is that not 10 ire?
Yes the darkest one is, might be because your using a cell phone.
Vegas oled is offline  
post #5855 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post
impressive that Lg fixed the main issue with the oled tvs
Save your penny's VAK, much better and I imagine with your 4k OLED and smaller sub-pixels it will even be better. No bad sub-pixels, the 9300 really has seen improvements.
Vegas oled is offline  
post #5856 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Yes the darkest one is, might be because your using a cell phone.
Uniformity(shade) is consistent in real life
5x10 is offline  
post #5857 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 123
We will se, still no official price on the 65" 4k here.
vaktmestern is offline  
post #5858 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
I've taken pics of the 2 darkest slides in d-nices slides
Is that not 10 ire?

And yes, you can clearly see the uniformity issues
I posted those pics in response to your claim that ALL 9800s look like your last one, which they don't



Don't like dis-information spread about the oled
lol, calm down 5x10, this is my last 9800, it was Horrible

Vegas oled is offline  
post #5859 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
lol, calm down 5x10, this is my last 9800, it was Horrible
Lol, I'm calm
I just don't like people spreading bad info, that's all
You can appreciate that, right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
This folks is what the 9800 looks like
]
The and my are the key vegas
5x10 is offline  
post #5860 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Uniformity(shade) is consistent in real life
You are kidding me right? I lived with three 9800's I know these grey scales turn into DSE and banding. Yours is one of the better ones of the 9800's I have seen.
Vegas oled is offline  
post #5861 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
You are kidding me right? I lived with three 9800's I know these grey scales turn into DSE and banding. Yours is one of the better ones of the 9800's I have seen.
No, I'm not kidding
The uniformity issues you see on my pics are consistent to what I see in real life
My camera isn't hiding uniformity issues
No dse, no banding
Like you said, its clear as day

Can you replicate the same 10ire photo of the 9300 that you did of the 9800?
5x10 is offline  
post #5862 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Lol, I'm calm
I just don't like people spreading bad info, that's all
You can appreciate that, right?




The and my are the key vegas
Yes, you can clearly see yours is much better than my last 9800. I agree with that. That's the price people pay for going to this forum. I would not have know about this issue if a 9800 owner did not keep,posting asking everyone to down load the slides and check uniformity. Yours is about as good as the 9800's get, your lucky.
Vegas oled is offline  
post #5863 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
No, I'm not kidding
The uniformity issues you see on my pics are consistent to what I see in real life
My camera isn't hiding uniformity issues
No dse, no banding
Like you said, its clear as day

Can you replicate the same 10ire photo of the 9300 that you did of the 9800?
Maybe you need another monitor because on my Ipad screen your grey scale is not clear as day.
Vegas oled is offline  
post #5864 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Yes, you can clearly see yours is much better than my last 9800. I agree with that. That's the price people pay for going to this forum. I would not have know about this issue if a 9800 owner did not keep,posting asking everyone to down load the slides and check uniformity. Yours is about as good as the 9800's get, your lucky.
maybe you were just unlucky


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Maybe you need another monitor because on my Ipad screen your grey scale is not clear as day.
No Vegas, its clear as day I have uniformity issues
I reworded your statement, but it means the same thing
But then you again, disinform, by saying there are dse and banding issues
5x10 is offline  
post #5865 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
No, I'm not kidding
The uniformity issues you see on my pics are consistent to what I see in real life
My camera isn't hiding uniformity issues
No dse, no banding
Like you said, its clear as day

Can you replicate the same 10ire photo of the 9300 that you did of the 9800?
I could never make my 9300 look as bad as a 9800 in the grey scale, the are much better than the 9800.
Vegas oled is offline  
post #5866 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
I could never make my 9300 look as bad as a 9800 in the grey scale, the are much better than the 9800.
so you can't replicate a 10ire photo in the dark?
Got it
5x10 is offline  
post #5867 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
so you can't replicate a 10ire photo in the dark?
Got it
Yes I can, I replicated your photo and exposed the 9800's grey scale. The 9300 is Darn near perfect and no bad sub-pixels
Vegas oled is offline  
post #5868 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Yes I can, I replicated your photo and exposed the 9800's grey scale. The 9300 is Darn near perfect and no bad sub-pixels
No, your photo is in the light and cant appear to handle the brightness like your 9800 picture did

its apparent your anti 9800 at this point
The 9300 at the showdown had dead subs, the issue isn't gone
I'm sure you'll take that as me attacking the 9300, instead of dealing with reality
5x10 is offline  
post #5869 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
No, your photo is in the light and cant appear to handle the brightness like your 9800 picture did

its apparent your anti 9800 at this point
I am going too enjoy my 9300 now. I do not want too upset 9800 owners, but I will post some more photos soon.
Vegas oled is offline  
post #5870 of 6199 Old 08-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
I am going too enjoy my 9300 now. I do not want too upset 9800 owners, but I will post some more photos soon.
Lol, go enjoy it Vegas..............for now
5x10 is offline  
post #5871 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 01:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 123
All has a honeymoon period when getting a new tv overlooking its faults
vaktmestern is offline  
post #5872 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 03:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Masterbrew2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
How did it handle the bright white on black FPR nightmare scenario? Any excessive crosstalk? (fingers crossed)
Not sure when I would have noticed exactly that. I did notice that objects moving quickly across the black background could be jerky in motion, like the frame rate was too low. Maybe me noticing that was a product of crosstalk? But it could be so many other things, motion resolution, shutter speed, or simply the fact that 24 fps is simply not a sufficient frame rate to represent such fast motion.
Masterbrew2 is offline  
post #5873 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 04:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Masterbrew2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Had another good OLED moment last night. Was playing Diablo on PS4 in the middle of the night with the screen brightness dialed all the way down to 3/100 OLED light and 8/100 contrast. The screen was emitting less bright light than an iPhone or iPad set to its minimum "read in bed" mode.

So relaxing for the eyes! And a perfect way to lull yourself to sleep. Meanwhile contrast and colors still look really good. With LCDs, you can't really enjoy the screen the same way at so low settings (if it even goes so low) because color accuracy and contrast go out the window.

It made the dark environments of the sewers and swamps of Act2 feel even more immersive. I really felt I was experiencing the game in a new way, and I have been through these same areas so many times on a PC Dell monitor and a Macbook Retina monitor.
ChaosCloud and 5x10 like this.
Masterbrew2 is offline  
post #5874 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Hope u take breaks with the static huds on diablo 3
vaktmestern is offline  
post #5875 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 05:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Masterbrew2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post
Hope u take breaks with the static huds on diablo 3
Haven't been that careful about that. Theplague said he could play his MMO all day with all its static elements without any problems. I have yet to see any retention any way so I'm not gonna worry about it :P
Masterbrew2 is offline  
post #5876 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vaktmestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterbrew2 View Post
Haven't been that careful about that. Theplague said he could play his MMO all day with all its static elements without any problems. I have yet to see any retention any way so I'm not gonna worry about it :P
Hope it turns out fine i would take a few breaks running a scrolling bar but thats just info i got from a vt owner who gets ir a few times
vaktmestern is offline  
post #5877 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 244
3 best buys and 2 Hhgregg. All said the display is not theirs to sell at the moment. They all had the PC rated logo either burned in or IR. I honestly think it is IR since the logo appears about once every 30 seconds for about 5 seconds. I do not think that would cause burn in.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #5878 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
3 best buys and 2 Hhgregg. All said the display is not theirs to sell at the moment. They all had the PC rated logo either burned in or IR. I honestly think it is IR since the logo appears about once every 30 seconds for about 5 seconds. I do not think that would cause burn in.
That's honestly somewhat concerning, although it sounds like the tv has only played the same 30 second loop it's entire life
Not something an owner would do
5x10 is offline  
post #5879 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
That's honestly somewhat concerning, although it sounds like the tv has only played the same 30 second loop it's entire life
Not something an owner would do
I honestly think it is just IR. You could only see it on a red background, not even white showed it. I actually hope it is just IR b.c I'm gonna say it is burn in and see how low on price they will go when the time comes.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #5880 of 6199 Old 08-23-2014, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,120
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
maybe you were just unlucky
No Vegas, its clear as day I have uniformity issues
I reworded your statement, but it means the same thing
But then you again, disinform, by saying there are dse and banding issues
The 9800 is no slouch ! So as of this moment, it is the 2nd best TV ever made, and for the price you paid 5X10, you stole it, you paid 40%-45% less than he did.

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread - 55ea9800 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off