post #5941 of 5959 Old 08-31-2014, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxBR View Post
My Fry's was out. I can't catch a break with these sales!

Don't worry - that price will be back...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5942 of 5959 Old 08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Use bias lights and the F8500 blacks will look beautiful.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos system for rooms/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos play 1 surrounds.
post #5943 of 5959 Old 08-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
Just left Fry's with a brand new in box for $2199 and no tax. I actually did get a 2 year warranty for $200 that will cover burn in.

I will probably be pretty carless with it since it would lead to a new model if burn in does occur.
Congrats! Please let us know what you think of it
post #5944 of 5959 Old 08-31-2014, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Don't worry - that price will be back...
They are discontinued. Maybe.
post #5945 of 5959 Old 08-31-2014, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Had a few people come over to watch some football over the weekend. Even some segments of SuperBowl 48 on DVR.
Stunning. I could tell the picture and clarity was immersing people into staring.
Turn off the lights for the halftime show... I got goosebumps from the black levels and contrast. The fireworks were especially awesome with the colors popping over the black night sky.

Funny thing is that no one even notices the curve until they come up close to the set. I don't even notice it anymore.
Don't know why the big fuss about not buying an OLED just because it's (very slightly) curved. It's not really a distraction watching content.

Just a few minor complaints. Screen is too reflective so any bright light can be distracting.

How the hell do you take fingerprint smudges out ? Everyone keeps touching the damn screen and microfiber cloth with water is not doing the trick.
5x10 likes this.
post #5946 of 5959 Old 08-31-2014, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I actually did get a 2 year warranty for $200 that will cover burn in.
I will probably be pretty carless with it since it would lead to a new model if burn in does occur.
Have you actually read the extended warranty yourself? I wouldn't trust a salesman on something like that because they frequently exaggerate to sell you the policy. Burn-in coverage is very rare because they treat it as abuse - not a defect. Deal pixel coverage is also rare. I've only seen these things covered by BestBuy's very expensive performance warranty or some accident protection warranties.
post #5947 of 5959 Old 09-01-2014, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No guys ... our model (European) does not have access to hours in the client menu.
In the service menu?

Last edited by carpantata; Yesterday at 11:42 AM.
post #5948 of 5959 Old 09-01-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
Have you actually read the extended warranty yourself? I wouldn't trust a salesman on something like that because they frequently exaggerate to sell you the policy. Burn-in coverage is very rare because they treat it as abuse - not a defect. Deal pixel coverage is also rare. I've only seen these things covered by BestBuy's very expensive performance warranty or some accident protection warranties.
Funny you say that. I'm returning the warranty today after reading it.
post #5949 of 5959 Old 09-01-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

I was able to score another set. If anyone is in Georgia close to Suwanee and is interested PM me.
post #5950 of 5959 Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman425 View Post
How the hell do you take fingerprint smudges out ? Everyone keeps touching the damn screen and microfiber cloth with water is not doing the trick.
Sounds like you have it down, its a bear, best to not allow anyone to touch.....

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; Yesterday at 08:47 AM.
post #5951 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Watching a lot of YouTube videos recently on the TV and found out it is quite buggy. After watched a video or two, the You Tube app will typically act out and refuse to play next video. I have to exist the app or sometimes turn off the TV to recover.
post #5952 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post
Watching a lot of YouTube videos recently on the TV and found out it is quite buggy. After watched a video or two, the You Tube app will typically act out and refuse to play next video. I have to exist the app or sometimes turn off the TV to recover.
happened to me a few times as well
also i dont know if its youtube or the tv software, but it seems like the amount of videos to browse through has gone down(for example, if i have 75 new videos in my subscriptions, it will only show 20 where before, it seemed to show more if not all)
post #5953 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman425;

Sounds like you have it down, its a bear, best of to not allow anyone to touch.....
This seems to be a property of the latest plastics (perhaps?) I've never understood it. A potential etching by the urea/hydrocarbon in skin oil, or some molecular bonding of the same? Seriously, people are horrendously annoyed by it, seems a common complaint, and I know someone who had a kid do this to a TV and mild detergent+MF cloth did not get it out no matter what she did.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.

Last edited by tgm1024; Yesterday at 07:57 AM.
post #5954 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
The software on this TV is rubbish, it is good enough for changing picture settings. Anything more complex and I'll prefer to use AppleTV, Playstation or any other input.

The onscreen menu even seems to run at a sub 1080p resolution. Pretty embarrassing for what used to be a $6000 TV.
post #5955 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I have used Netflix and YouTube apps on my BD players and Xboxes. I have to say, the Netflix app is quite nice and a little bit of faster in UI navigation on this TV than the counter parts of my Sony BD player and Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One. The YouTube app is slower and buggy compared to the other platforms. The reason I use the TV app is to minimize the need to power up other devices (and the waiting for power ups) when I just need a quick access to those videos). The Netflix app seems to be ok (although crashes do happen when I watch multiple videos but not as much as YouTube).
post #5956 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

netflix has worked flawlessly for me, youtube, not so much
i dont have that many issues with the tv, but the issues i have had have been with youtube freezing up(or slowing) and amazon movie streaming not going back to the home page when i finish a movie, so i have to click out of the app menu, then get back into it
i will say the software is better than my 2012 panny plasma
post #5957 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
This seems to be a property of the latest plastics (perhaps?) I've never understood it. A potential etching by the urea/hydrocarbon in skin oil, or some molecular bonding of the same? Seriously, people are horrendously annoyed by it, seems a common complaint, and I know someone who had a kid do this to a TV and mild detergent+MF cloth did not get it out no matter what she did.
I've actually had as much success with a microfiber cloth and breathing on the affected area.
post #5958 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 915
Quote:
I have used Netflix and YouTube apps on my BD players and Xboxes. I have to say, the Netflix app is quite nice and a little bit of faster in UI navigation on this TV than the counter parts of my Sony BD player and Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One. The YouTube app is slower and buggy compared to the other platforms. The reason I use the TV app is to minimize the need to power up other devices (and the waiting for power ups) when I just need a quick access to those videos). The Netflix app seems to be ok (although crashes do happen when I watch multiple videos but not as much as YouTube).
Well this will become much more important with the UHD OLEDs. The reason is that if you want, for example, 4K Netflix, you generally must use the app on the display since a Netflix app on say a BD player, will not have the necessary codec to be 4K compatible.

Hopefully LG gets this sorted out with the UHD displays.
post #5959 of 5959 Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

The new LG TVs all switch over to use WebOS (2014+) as app platform. So hopefully, this brings better memory management and stability to apps.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread - 55ea9800 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page