post #6301 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
I hope the samsung works out for him, Im assuming hes buying from an indiviudal and will be SOL if he wants to return it
I saw that 5x10 and if I had the tendencies that Vegas has, there's no way I'd do that if I couldn't return it. How many days ago was it that he absolutely INSISTED he would not return the 9800. Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, I'm keeping it. Uh huh.

But I hope he does find happiness...perhaps he should consider painting as a hobby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 89
^ Or try different bipolar meds.
Ken Ross and kwest2 like this.
post #6303 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Your so funny, which Sony? Not until Sony has an OLED
65" Sony 900B. Think about it Vegas, 65", very good blacks, you loved it.

Think about it
Think about it
Think about it

It's calling out to you..."Vegas, I'm here, take me home!"

Think about it.

Sony 65900B is the best anti-OLED display or pro 4-k display. I just love OLED too much.
post #6304 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest2 View Post
I have no doubt that once he gets the Samsung, his new favorite OLED will be the EC9300.
I have no doubt that once he gets the samsung it'll be it's a great tv but no way $1500 better. So he'll take it back and say I'm waiting for 4k oleds. Because I love oleds and 4k I gotta have them both!

I have no idea why he's putting so much stock into the pros at VE shoot out. Last year they picked the zt but he disliked that tv.
Ken Ross and XPSTester like this.

Last edited by Jason626; Yesterday at 03:36 PM.
post #6305 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Agree about large but I don't like the looks of the frame. The funny thing is everyone crys for flat and hardly nobody buys the 8800.
Doesn't the Samsung oled that your buying have that frame around the tv. That looks even worse because its a free floating frame verse a wall mounted frame.
post #6306 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
65" Sony 900B. Think about it Vegas, 65", very good blacks, you loved it.

Think about it
Think about it
Think about it

It's calling out to you..."Vegas, I'm here, take me home!"

Think about it.

Man, you're like the cliche evil orderly in a mental institution......rattling a night stick against the cage whispering "they're after you, they're after you."

Stop making fun of the afflicted. lol....

In any case Vegas, I know you've got your hopes set on this TV, but if it goes sour, give it some time for the good to sink in a ways. And then order the 65EC9700.
Ken Ross and Vegas oled like this.

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
post #6307 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got one from mc in Paterson nj
Hooked up and watching "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" on Netflix is just breathtaking!!
5x10 likes this.

Last edited by chojjbb; Yesterday at 04:17 PM.
post #6308 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Probably in large part because it costs more and has the cumbersome hang-only frame.

LG's entire concept was to be able to hang a piece of electronic art on the wall (hence the name 'gallery') - the 8800 is not exactly the same thing as a plain ol' flat TV...
The 8800 art frame is separate from the display. Sold and shipped in 2 different boxes. Mounting and using the art frame is optional (assuming you have your own sound system.)
post #6309 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Is the EC8700(model # correct....the European model is EC870 something) available in the US? They've dumped that stupid (and fugly) frame, in exchange for a more standard in-chassis speaker design.

By the way, I hope the design guy at LG for that 8800 was fired. Good grief. How far from normal looking can you possibly get?????

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
post #6310 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just picked mine up from microcenter in orange county (they have 6 more in stock at $1999.

Also got the 3yr protection plan covering accidents and all for 279.

Now to take down my 65LA9700 and put this up.

bbl
5x10 likes this.
post #6311 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Very close to buying this tv as I've been waiting for an OLED TV for years and this one is very well priced and seeing the 9300 in person, this pic is amazing (as many say it's even better). Only remaining question - can you play MKV files from a USB hard drive connected to the tv? I have all samsungs and they have no issue but wasn't sure if LG supported it.
post #6312 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked up this set from Microcenter last week. On the verge of taking it back.

Motion handling has become terrible. It started out acceptable with judder and blur set to 1. I couldn't see any judder or blurring and everything looked mostly natural (no SOE) - still not as good as my plasma sets though. Today that all changed. Now I have visual tearing and skipping at these settings. I have to turn both up past 3 to get rid of it, and that starts the SOE that I cannot stand. With both sliders set to 0, I get the tearing and skipping again. If I turn TrueMotion OFF, it goes away, but then the set has blurring of fast moving objects and some judder. Perhaps a better explanation of "tearing" would be to describe what happens when you disable V-Sync on a computer monitor and experience tearing. It is essentially the same experience.

The blacks, colors, and contrast are very impressive. I came from good quality plasma TV's so I'm not floored by this set, but it is a definite leap above anything I've seen from an LCD. When I watched Star Trek in a dark room, the blacks of space were indistinguishable from the wall behind the TV.

I just cannot get past the issues this set has with motion.

A few other negatives I've noticed:
-A single occurrence of reds being over-exposed and looking like a supernova. A reboot of the TV and this went away.
-The TV got confused yesterday about whether to turn the screen or the sound on. Power on #1 : screen on, no sound. Power on #2 : screen off, sound on. Power on #3 : screen on, sound on - screen took a long time to come on.
-Random blurring of images on-screen. Football players become blurred when the camera is zoomed out. I watched some network TV today where a man's beard and lips were blurry but everything else was sharp. I notice none of these artifacts on my 46" Panasonic S2 plasma (I watched both recordings on that set to check). I have adjusted every setting possible to fix this - Noise reduction, mpeg noise reduction, sharpness (and H and V sharpness), edge enhance, dynamic contrast, etc etc.

I still have a while to take the set back to Microcenter so I will play around with it some more. But there may be an F8500 plasma in my immediate future. If anyone has dealt with these motion issues and found a fix, please tell me. I would love to keep this set!
post #6313 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post
Doesn't the Samsung oled that your buying have that frame around the tv. That looks even worse because its a free floating frame verse a wall mounted frame.
I just do not like the picture frame look and the fact you have to wall mount it. I am sure the 8800 is a great display.
post #6314 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Perhaps MC has a shorter return period?
30 days : )
post #6315 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
I hope the samsung works out for him, Im assuming hes buying from an indiviudal and will be SOL if he wants to return it
I have already seen the Samsung OLED I person and prefer it to the LG. I wish the 9300 wasn't stripped in processing because it really is the best looking desIgn OLED by a mile. Nothing wrong with the LG OLED's I just want to get the Samsung while I can.
post #6316 of 6324 Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I saw that 5x10 and if I had the tendencies that Vegas has, there's no way I'd do that if I couldn't return it. How many days ago was it that he absolutely INSISTED he would not return the 9800. Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, I'm keeping it. Uh huh.

But I hope he does find happiness...perhaps he should consider painting as a hobby?
Your the best Ken and that's some good advise.
post #6317 of 6324 Old Today, 08:17 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by spentan View Post
Just picked mine up from microcenter in orange county (they have 6 more in stock at $1999.

Also got the 3yr protection plan covering accidents and all for 279.

Now to take down my 65LA9700 and put this up.

bbl
Can you compare the two? I also bought into the 65LA9700 which i love sometimes, but the motion and banding leaving much to be desired.
post #6318 of 6324 Old Today, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I have already seen the Samsung OLED I person and prefer it to the LG. I wish the 9300 wasn't stripped in processing because it really is the best looking desIgn OLED by a mile. Nothing wrong with the LG OLED's I just want to get the Samsung while I can.
We don't know for sure that a firmware update will fix the motion processing. We can't blame the hardware just yet. The tv is still too new. Give them some time to push an update.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread - 55ea9800 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page