Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
I warned people of the members who do not own this display but like to create issues where there are none, this my friends is a Golden example of this. The motherboard is not Burnin and I believe this member is VERY aware of this fact. This display is not new and those who have been around know that in a dimly lit room with an 10 ire slide the motherboard which sits behind the panel might be visible. Please do not listen to those who try and create problems where there are none
^^^People, take careful note of his disruptive logic here.

Once again, you need to simmer down. Seriously.

I'm only asking who has the problem. It sounds as if the problem (however rare it was) is gone, and I wanted verification of that, because it was a problem once.
Note, he does not own this display and he is completely making claims that are not true. There is no such thing as motherboard burnin, it is exactly what I described and only an issue if you stare at 10 ire slides in dimly lit rooms..

Last edited by Vegas oled; Today at 09:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6362 of 6364 Old Today, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
I wonder what's going on at the physics level to cause that. Heat by itself seems like a weird culprit for OLED.
It is a mystery
Part of me thinks it's a reaction to some type of "strain" from the contact of the motherboard, possibly could explain the same effect that the sides of my panel have, the curve of the tv contacts the oled on the sides(my sides are slightly darker too)
Idk
post #6363 of 6364 Old Today, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Note, he does not own this display and he is completely making claims that are not true. There is no such thing as motherboard burnin, it is alxactly what I described and only an issue if you stare at 10 ire slides in dimly lit rooms..
Now you're making things up. Please stop.

I indicated that perhaps calling it IR was better in that original post.

And if it's something that is always there, and cannot go away on its own, then YOU come up with a sensible term for it. If it makes sense, I'll be glad to go with that instead. If not "Image Retention" or "Burn In", then what?

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
post #6364 of 6364 Old Today, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
It is a mystery
Part of me thinks it's a reaction to some type of "strain" from the contact of the motherboard, possibly could explain the same effect that the sides of my panel have, the curve of the tv contacts the oled on the sides(my sides are slightly darker too)
Idk
Yeah, it's interesting. The 9300 never had it AFAIK. And I don't see recent complaints about it on the 9800, so it'll be good to know if there's a point in time when that went away.

You mean the darkness on the far right and the upper right corner?

Was there any time you had the display where it never showed up? Like right in the very very beginning perhaps?

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread - 55ea9800 by PriceGrabber.com