LG 55EA9800 55" OLED Owner's thread - Page 242 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #7231 of 7240 Old 03-23-2015, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I game on this TV and have had no image retention but the longest I've played
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7232 of 7240 Old 03-24-2015, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone else noticed this TV having big problems with apparent motion artifacts with red objects on the screen? Watching some NCAA tournament games this weekend was very distracting on this TV, and it is really the first time I've been disappointed with the set in the 6 months I've had it. It's kind of hard to explain, but watching games with teams with red uniforms, particularly the games with the Dayton Flyers playing, had the red in the uniforms kind of shimmering or jumping at the edges. It was kind of like motion artifacts, but this problem with red was happening with true motion turned on and off.

I'm not sure it if is just something funky with the way DirecTV is sending the signal, but I find it weird that red is the only color the TV was having problems with, and I definitely have not noticed anything like this previously. I did upgrade the firmware on the TV not too long ago, I think to 5.06.09, so maybe LG changed something with the TV motion handling that is causing this now. I was just curious to see if anyone else noticed this watching any games last weekend or with any other source material. I'm going to try checking some other source material to see if I can find something that will make this easier to describe.
post #7233 of 7240 Old 03-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi all, I'm trying to decide between the 9800 or the 9300 for my bedroom tv. Do the 9800s suffer from more dead pixel/subpixel issues vs the 9300s? From what I've gathered some have said the 9800 was built much better being the "flagship" model but not sure how it's been holding up with the pixels, IR, unformity, etc over time/usage.

Any insight would be appreciated!
post #7234 of 7240 Old 03-24-2015, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Dead pixles haven't increased for me. I've got 2 total and it's a store demo so that's a good sign. Uniformity on grey and white isn't the best but how often do you look at just those colours. On a film you can't see it.
post #7235 of 7240 Old 03-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardon85 View Post
Dead pixles haven't increased for me. I've got 2 total and it's a store demo so that's a good sign. Uniformity on grey and white isn't the best but how often do you look at just those colours. On a film you can't see it.
Thanks for the input!
post #7236 of 7240 Old 03-25-2015, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremmie4 View Post
Has anyone else noticed this TV having big problems with apparent motion artifacts with red objects on the screen? Watching some NCAA tournament games this weekend was very distracting on this TV, and it is really the first time I've been disappointed with the set in the 6 months I've had it. It's kind of hard to explain, but watching games with teams with red uniforms, particularly the games with the Dayton Flyers playing, had the red in the uniforms kind of shimmering or jumping at the edges. It was kind of like motion artifacts, but this problem with red was happening with true motion turned on and off.

I'm not sure it if is just something funky with the way DirecTV is sending the signal, but I find it weird that red is the only color the TV was having problems with, and I definitely have not noticed anything like this previously. I did upgrade the firmware on the TV not too long ago, I think to 5.06.09, so maybe LG changed something with the TV motion handling that is causing this now. I was just curious to see if anyone else noticed this watching any games last weekend or with any other source material. I'm going to try checking some other source material to see if I can find something that will make this easier to describe.
I haven't noticed this problem. I regularly watch the red wings (hockey).
post #7237 of 7240 Old 03-25-2015, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Does anyone have an issue with turning the TV on? Sometimes I press power on, and the LG logo light will turn off, but the screen is completely black. I have to unplug the TV, just to get it restarted...This is happening once or twice a week now.
post #7238 of 7240 Old 03-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGTR420 View Post
Does anyone have an issue with turning the TV on? Sometimes I press power on, and the LG logo light will turn off, but the screen is completely black. I have to unplug the TV, just to get it restarted...This is happening once or twice a week now.
You sure it wasn't already on and you turned it off?
I ask because it's happened to me before

Also, I don't get the lg logo to light up when I turn the tv off
Used to light up when I turned it off
post #7239 of 7240 Old 03-25-2015, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post

I can't use the remote to either power it on or power it off after this happens. I can't even use the controls under the LG logo.

You can go in to the settings to change how the LG logo is used.
post #7240 of 7240 Old Today, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post

The logo comes on when you turn the TV on, and it only comes on when you turn it off if you have watched TV for more than 4 hours. At that time, the Image Retention Software kicks in. The LG logo stays on for around 30 seconds.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page