LG 55EA9800 55" OLED Owner's thread - Page 244 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 1146Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Why is the post I did today blocked? I can see it my stats by it won't show up in the thread...
pbrignef is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2015, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoops View Post
7 months after date of purchase, mine is now rebooting randomly once or twice a week. There has been no change of equipment or cables and the latest software update is installed. Bit concerned this could be the start of a wider problem. Any suggestions? It is plugged into a surge protector and I had read that some TV's can occasionally be hindered by this, but I really can't see how, after many months, it would cause a problem now.
ive noticed the last couple reboots was when I watched a few titles on Netflix, then I went directly to the YouTube app
At that point, I think it's a computer/software issue
Does yours happen when your watching the apps and utilizing the software?
5x10 is offline  
Old 05-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all, so I've been streaming some movies using the integrated web browser. After streaming for 5 minutes, the picture starts to dim - my guess is it's in power saving mode and the browser wasn't intended for streaming purposes. Anyone know what I can do to prevent the dimming?
shifting1234 is offline  
Old 05-21-2015, 12:47 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifting1234 View Post
Hi all, so I've been streaming some movies using the integrated web browser. After streaming for 5 minutes, the picture starts to dim - my guess is it's in power saving mode and the browser wasn't intended for streaming purposes. Anyone know what I can do to prevent the dimming?
As far as I know, if it detects that there is a static image on the background such as 4:3 or a website, there is no way to get it to stop dimming.
Chase Payne is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys! This is only my second post here, even though I'm always checking the forums for information.

I just bought this thread's LG OLED HDTV to replace a Samsung UN55ES6500 55-inch 3D 1080p LED-backlit HDTV, and I'm having issues when watching DirecTV on it, using a HR22-100 HD/DVR satellite receiver and a Denon AVR-X2000 A/V receiver. The screen would be divided in three, with two small squares in the top half showing a distorted, different colored, fuzzy "live" picture each, and a large rectangle in the bottom half, showing a static "frozen" picture of whatever's being transmitted. In other words: making it impossible to watch.

I narrowed down the issue to the interlaced and progressive video scaler function of the receiver (i/p Scaler, under Video/Output Settings). The only way to get a normal picture is to set it to "off". Any other combination of resolutions and settings (including manually selecting other resolutions in the DVR) results in the same issue, or, in some cases, worse, with a tilted, flickering picture.

I tried using different HDMI cables, ports, even DVRs, but the problem persists. It doesn't happen with any other devices (such as my Blu-Ray player or next-gen videogame consoles), and it never happened before with my Samsung LED HDTV. In my experience, the receiver's video scaler produces a better picture than leaving that job to the DVR or the TV, so, I'd still like to use that function, even on my new TV (especially since DirecTV's signal is so compressed the PQ is severely impacted). It worked wonders before, after all.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
EeK9X is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys, my first post on the forum.
I was wondering if you could help me with something. I'm a big fan of OLED based screens but the problem with current line of products is their size. They're just to big! I'm not a fan of huge (over 40") TVs. It's not just the preference issue but the space available at my home. My room is just to small to handle a 40" tv not to mention a 55 inch monster... Therefore I do have two questions:
1. Are there any news on smaller OLEDs?
2. What would you recommend instead of OLED? Which LED based TV is the nearest in terms of picture quality (blacks and contrast)?
Peter Contest is offline  
Old 05-30-2015, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Contest View Post
Hey guys, my first post on the forum.
I was wondering if you could help me with something. I'm a big fan of OLED based screens but the problem with current line of products is their size. They're just to big! I'm not a fan of huge (over 40") TVs. It's not just the preference issue but the space available at my home. My room is just to small to handle a 40" tv not to mention a 55 inch monster... Therefore I do have two questions:
1. Are there any news on smaller OLEDs?
2. What would you recommend instead of OLED? Which LED based TV is the nearest in terms of picture quality (blacks and contrast)?
Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction. I think you are going to have trouble finding any kind of hardware/software features in a < even 50" set.
Mattopotamus is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I just finished watching "Tears of the Sun" on HD Net and after 7 months of ownership, I am still amazed and in awe of this TV and OLED technology. What a beautiful picture. The hockey game before that. The Blackhawk jerseys and black helmets.... just beautiful. Any other TV technology today simply pales in comparison. End of story.
shyguy3763 likes this.
AB4OLED is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Can't wait to get my next OLED TV. (65 inch.)
AB4OLED is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 05:41 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Contest View Post
Hey guys, my first post on the forum.
I was wondering if you could help me with something. I'm a big fan of OLED based screens but the problem with current line of products is their size. They're just to big! I'm not a fan of huge (over 40") TVs. It's not just the preference issue but the space available at my home. My room is just to small to handle a 40" tv not to mention a 55 inch monster... Therefore I do have two questions:
1. Are there any news on smaller OLEDs?
2. What would you recommend instead of OLED? Which LED based TV is the nearest in terms of picture quality (blacks and contrast)?

Any TV that exceeds 1500 to 1 static ratio in contrast would give a similiar experience to OLED under normal use.

You want to get an edgelit TV, not any FALD or direct lit TV. An edgelit TV is the best kind you can get, has the least uniformity problems.
Chase Payne is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 05:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 29,053
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3989 Post(s)
Liked: 3938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
Any TV that exceeds 1500 to 1 static ratio in contrast would give a similiar experience to OLED under normal use.

You want to get an edgelit TV, not any FALD or direct lit TV. An edgelit TV is the best kind you can get, has the least uniformity problems.
Really? An edge lit TV is the 'best kind' you can get and better than FALD? Who knew? Wow, you can save a lot of people a lot of money with that recommendation.
locomo and Magnesus like this.
Ken Ross is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:27 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Really? An edge lit TV is the 'best kind' you can get and better than FALD? Who knew? Wow, you can save a lot of people a lot of money with that recommendation.
Correct, this is why STATIC contrast ratio is the most important aspect to measure the TV on.

Just because you reduce the brightness of an image, does not make the picture better. If you have an image with bright colors in it, it reduces BOTH the bright image and the dark at the same time effectively making the contrast ratio exactly the same.


Read up more on contrast ratios here:

http://www.cnet.com/news/contrast-ra...r-lies-to-you/


An edgelit TV will always be illuminated, does not reduce brightness to make blacks darker; in effect it would look better than a FALD would if its static ratio was high.


Take for example, the new iphones and ipads have a 1500:1 static ratio and they are edgelit, that some people even find better than OLED phones because they are brighter in the daytime.


A static ratio is measured by putting a white and black checkboard pattern on the screen, you measure the brightness of the white divided by the black, then you get the ratio. Just because a TV is FALD, does not mean it will be better. Especially since you will run into problems to where you visibly see the TV shift the brightness during scenes.


Dynamic ratio is measured by taking a fully black screen and dividing it with a fully white screen, completely useless in most situations.
mong00se likes this.

Last edited by Chase Payne; 06-11-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Chase Payne is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,062
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1866 Post(s)
Liked: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
Correct, this is why STATIC contrast ratio is the most important aspect to measure the TV on.

Just because you reduce the brightness of an image, does not make the picture better. If you have an image with bright colors in it, it reduces BOTH the bright image and the dark at the same time effectively making the contrast ratio exactly the same.


Read up more on contrast ratios here:
This is cracking me up on so many levels.

Chase, Ken knows full well what static CR is.

We've had a lot of evaluation with this, and it's time to consider wiping out all mosquitoes. We can do that with carefully crafted GMO. It's just not an insect that is worth having around. Mother nature will adapt, just as she always has with the millions of other species that have vanished on their own. In fact, the impact will be remarkably minor.
tgm1024 is online now  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,062
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1866 Post(s)
Liked: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
You want to get an edgelit TV, not any FALD or direct lit TV. An edgelit TV is the best kind you can get, has the least uniformity problems.
Edge lit has always had the most uniformity problems of the lot, not the least. The usage of complicated light guides to take light sideways long distances from the top or bottom (or both) and get it all looking cleanly uniform has always been a crapshoot at best. It's one of the biggest reasons that videophiles have been panning edge TVs since they came out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
An edgelit TV will always be illuminated, does not reduce brightness to make blacks darker;
First of all, edge-lit local dimming can and *does* exist. It's far from ideal, and the zones are stupid big, but Samsung (for one) has been doing that for years.

Second of all, my TV has frame dimming (overall reduction of brightness) and is edge lit.

We've had a lot of evaluation with this, and it's time to consider wiping out all mosquitoes. We can do that with carefully crafted GMO. It's just not an insect that is worth having around. Mother nature will adapt, just as she always has with the millions of other species that have vanished on their own. In fact, the impact will be remarkably minor.

Last edited by tgm1024; 06-11-2015 at 06:46 PM.
tgm1024 is online now  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:45 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
This is cracking me up on so many levels.

Chase, Ken knows full well what static CR is.
That may be true, but anyone suggesting FALD is always better than a top of the line edgelit would be wrong.

FALD can cause, shifting brightness and uniformity problems.


It is possible for FALD to be better than an edgelit display, but that would be the TV's fault in design.

Static ratio is the only thing that matters, period. FALD, direct lit, whatever they used at the end of the day, the questions is how black can you get with white on the screen at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Nonsense. First of all, edge-lit local dimming can and *does* exist. It's far from ideal, and the zones are stupid big, but Samsung (for one) has been doing that for years.

Second of all, my TV has frame dimming (overall reduction of brightness) and is edge lit.
I never claimed dimming did not happen on edgelit TV's, in essence this is an edgelit TV with software to dim it intelligently. I always turn this off, I cannot stand TV's that shift brightness while you are watching it.


Again, I don't care how the TV does it. I want a static contrast ratio, not one enhanced by gimmicks.

Last edited by Chase Payne; 06-11-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Chase Payne is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 07:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 29,053
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3989 Post(s)
Liked: 3938
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
This is cracking me up on so many levels.

Chase, Ken knows full well what static CR is.
Tgm, I honestly have no patience for this. This one poster, who is convinced he knows more than anyone in so many different video arenas, has now reversed what every videophile thought he knew before, that FALD displays are superior to their edge lit counterparts.

I'm going outside to check if there's a full moon tonight, because I've read more looney posts today than I can ever recall.

Last edited by Ken Ross; 06-11-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Ken Ross is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
kinglm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 680
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I welcome differing points of view - expands my understanding and curiosity. Same old same old is boring.

My 9800 turns one year on June 15th it's still pretty awesome @ 2720 hours.
AB4OLED likes this.
kinglm is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 08:37 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Tgm, I honestly have no patience for this. This one poster, who is convinced he knows more than anyone in so many different video arenas, has now reversed what every videophile thought he knew before, that FALD displays are superior to their edge lit counterparts.

I'm going outside to check if there's a full moon tonight, because I've read more looney posts today than I can ever recall.
Oh please, I am tired of the ad hominum here. If you're going to make posts and laugh at it without explaining why, I will treat you as if you know nothing at all. I don't care if you've been here 10 years, 50 years.

Just keep in mind I can read over 600 words per minute, so I absorb knowledge at a significantly higher rate than most people; and believe me I have read a lot of data with display technologies, how our eyes work and the limitations of vision.

With that being said: static ratio is the only thing that matters when it comes to black level. When it exceeds a certain point, it doesn't make much of a difference except for completely black screens. It has been said that movie theaters have less than a 100:1 static contrast ratio. There is more to a picture than just black levels and resolution.


If you ask me a question, I will give you the answer based off what I know about the human vision and how display technologies work; not what marketing tells me. A FALD set can look worse than edgelit, just because it is FALD, does not mean it is better. If a FALD set has a higher static ratio than another TV that is edgelit, that's great and you should get it. But also keep in mind that you can visible see the brightness changing and it can cause uniformity problems.


But please, just don't be buying a TV just because it has an extra line added to it, FALD.

I rate things in regards to power vs dollar. Do I think OLED is worth the money? I actually do not, I could have got a better display for the same money for my needs. It's a great value for your money, but it is not the best thing you can get for your money of the same value.

Last edited by Chase Payne; 06-11-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Chase Payne is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 09:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 29,053
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3989 Post(s)
Liked: 3938
Wow, I'm sure many of us wish we had your capacity to 'absorb knowledge' at such a significantly higher rate. Fewer of us wish we had your capacity to interpret and understand this vast amount of information. Even fewer of us wish we possessed your humility.

As for edge lit being superior to FALD, you should start out understanding why emissive displays are superior to transmissible displays. At your absorption rate, that should take milliseconds.

FALD tries to move in the direction of emissive displays by providing more zones than edge lit displays do. Of course this is still a tiny fraction of the 'zones' in an emissive display, but it's far better than edge lit.

Most FALD displays do not use IPS panels, so your beloved static CR tends to be higher. One of the FEW edge lit displays that came close to FALD in terms of black levels and uniformity, was the Sony XBR 900B. That display was a rarity and was the exception in the edge lit world.

I'm done here. One thing I've learned reading your posts is that nobody will shake you from your beliefs, no matter how contrary they are to conventional wisdom, science or what is accepted in the world of video. People have tried and nobody has succeeded.

I am moving on, it's just not worth it.
mmereos likes this.
Ken Ross is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 09:51 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Wow, I'm sure many of us wish we had your capacity to 'absorb knowledge' at such a significantly higher rate. Fewer of us wish we had your capacity to interpret and understand this vast amount of information. Even fewer of us wish we possessed your humility.

As for edge lit being superior to FALD, you should start out understanding why emissive displays are superior to transmissible displays. At your absorption rate, that should take milliseconds.

FALD tries to move in the direction of emissive displays by providing more zones than edge lit displays do. Of course this is still a tiny fraction of the 'zones' in an emissive display, but it's far better than edge lit.

Most FALD displays do not use IPS panels, so your beloved static CR tends to be higher. One of the FEW edge lit displays that came close to FALD in terms of black levels and uniformity, was the Sony XBR 900B. That display was a rarity and was the exception in the edge lit world.

I'm done here. One thing I've learned reading your posts is that nobody will shake you from your beliefs, no matter how contrary they are to conventional wisdom, science or what is accepted in the world of video. People have tried and nobody has succeeded.

I am moving on, it's just not worth it.
There's really no point of stating, "I'm done here" when in the end you keep coming back.

Also your sarcasm in regards to me reading per minute, intelligence is not linked to that at all. I learned how to speed read, I didn't just inherently have it on my own. You can purchase speed reading classes, as I did in the past. Plus, it doesn't matter how fast someone reads, can they understand the material? I only mentioned I read that quickly because, I have been here for just a few months and I have learned quite a bit. I could have only done that by speed reading, and learning off other people in these forums. You made a comment on how people have been here for years and I'm suddenly contradicting the experts.

Well, even the experts can be wrong. Unlike most people, I go further into details. I can't accept, yes it's always better. I read up on how it works, what are the cons and pros. Nothing is truly perfect, there are pros and cons to everything.

I have seen the sony edgelit tvs, with their frame dimming turned off they are absolutely amazing. I have seen FALD in person, and have personally seen it wash out the whites. The most important thing is how bright white can be at the same time, in a black background. This is why OLED stands out; but the person asked what would be a good substitute?

Anything can be good, just read up on the static ratio, not how many lines they add to the TV and tell you it's better. More specifically, anything near 2000:1 will give a similar experience to OLED.

And for the record, no one has provided me proof that what I am claiming is wrong. When I get this information, then I will accept I am wrong. I am not going to take information from someone who is experienced just off their opinion. I need proof, in details and in scientific format. The people in geek squad are experts too and you know how everyone thinks about them here. Instead, everyone is just discrediting my opinion via ad hominum and treating my statement as a joke. Sorry, that's not good enough to convince me that what I am stating is false.


THe most important thing in my opinion is, how good of a tv can I get for X amount of dollars. There is a certain point where the power of the item exceeds the ratio of cost. A $9,000 OLED 4k display is an example of that. Yes it's great, but its not worth the value. A $5000 top of the line 4k TV can be a fair competition. But if money is not much of an issue, then yes OLED wins; in this case though the person appeared to not be able to afford it, so I provided an honest answer.

Last edited by Chase Payne; 06-12-2015 at 12:05 AM.
Chase Payne is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,062
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1866 Post(s)
Liked: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
An edgelit TV will always be illuminated, does not reduce brightness to make blacks darker;
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
First of all, edge-lit local dimming can and *does* exist. It's far from ideal, and the zones are stupid big, but Samsung (for one) has been doing that for years.

Second of all, my TV has frame dimming (overall reduction of brightness) and is edge lit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
I never claimed dimming did not happen on edgelit TV's, in essence this is an edgelit TV with software to dim it intelligently.
Yes, you did claim that, it's in bold above. You said an edgelit TV does not reduce brightness to make blacks darker. That's wrong for the two reasons I supplied.

We've had a lot of evaluation with this, and it's time to consider wiping out all mosquitoes. We can do that with carefully crafted GMO. It's just not an insect that is worth having around. Mother nature will adapt, just as she always has with the millions of other species that have vanished on their own. In fact, the impact will be remarkably minor.
tgm1024 is online now  
Old 06-12-2015, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,062
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1866 Post(s)
Liked: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
Just keep in mind I can read over 600 words per minute, so I absorb knowledge at a significantly higher rate than most people; and believe me I have read a lot of data with display technologies, how our eyes work and the limitations of vision.
I believe it's time you slowed down your reading to allow the correct interpretation of what has been written to be analyzed.

Please regard the following as axiomatic:

Data is not Information;
Information is not Knowledge;
Knowledge is not Wisdom.
Ken Ross likes this.

We've had a lot of evaluation with this, and it's time to consider wiping out all mosquitoes. We can do that with carefully crafted GMO. It's just not an insect that is worth having around. Mother nature will adapt, just as she always has with the millions of other species that have vanished on their own. In fact, the impact will be remarkably minor.

Last edited by tgm1024; 06-12-2015 at 11:06 AM.
tgm1024 is online now  
Old 06-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Member
 
carpantata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have changed, but the panel ....
carpantata is offline  
Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Member
 
carpantata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Carpantata, how many hours on your set?
Yes!
carpantata is offline  
Old 06-14-2015, 08:01 AM
Member
 
carpantata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
^ Yeah, his looks pretty bad.
There is no problem ... only PANEL changed.
carpantata is offline  
Old 06-14-2015, 08:03 AM
Member
 
carpantata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My problem now is that the CMS does not work in any way, which earlier bad, but it worked.
carpantata is offline  
Old 07-06-2015, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Just an update, it's been a year since I bought this TV
Aprox 1900 hours on it
Still the 5 stuck blue sub pixels
Gray uniformity is still about the same, right side is darker and the control box outline is still darker(although it seems to have lightened up a tad)

Main issue I still have with this tv is finding enough good stuff to watch on it
5x10 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Member
 
smorgasbord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How do I find out how many hours are on the TV now?

Due to a job change, I have to sell my beloved 55ea9800 TV, so I want to gather any information potential buyers might want. What else would they want to know and how would I get it?

Also, if it's OK to ask, any consensus on an asking price? I'll list the TV in the classifieds section of AVS Forums soon.
smorgasbord is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Member
 
ChaosCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorgasbord View Post
How do I find out how many hours are on the TV now?

Due to a job change, I have to sell my beloved 55ea9800 TV, so I want to gather any information potential buyers might want. What else would they want to know and how would I get it?

Also, if it's OK to ask, any consensus on an asking price? I'll list the TV in the classifieds section of AVS Forums soon.
In the menu under "support" (blue circle question mark icon) Select the heading "Product/Service Info."
"Used Time" shows the number of hours.
(They may have changed this in newer firmware.)
ChaosCloud is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
kinglm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 680
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorgasbord View Post
How do I find out how many hours are on the TV now?

Due to a job change, I have to sell my beloved 55ea9800 TV, so I want to gather any information potential buyers might want. What else would they want to know and how would I get it?

Also, if it's OK to ask, any consensus on an asking price? I'll list the TV in the classifieds section of AVS Forums soon.
Uniqueness of the design is a consideration over the second gen 9300. I think the build quality is solid with the carbon fiber back. THX certified plus the THX setting. When it was launched the price was $15,000. Even though it's first gen it is potentially a better panel.
kinglm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off