LG 55EA9800 55" OLED Owner's thread - Page 244 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7291 of 7303 Old 05-09-2015, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Why is the post I did today blocked? I can see it my stats by it won't show up in the thread...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7292 of 7303 Old 05-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoops View Post
7 months after date of purchase, mine is now rebooting randomly once or twice a week. There has been no change of equipment or cables and the latest software update is installed. Bit concerned this could be the start of a wider problem. Any suggestions? It is plugged into a surge protector and I had read that some TV's can occasionally be hindered by this, but I really can't see how, after many months, it would cause a problem now.
ive noticed the last couple reboots was when I watched a few titles on Netflix, then I went directly to the YouTube app
At that point, I think it's a computer/software issue
Does yours happen when your watching the apps and utilizing the software?
post #7293 of 7303 Old 05-10-2015, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
ive noticed the last couple reboots was when I watched a few titles on Netflix, then I went directly to the YouTube app
At that point, I think it's a computer/software issue
Does yours happen when your watching the apps and utilizing the software?
No, I purposefully avoid using SMART features on this TV, as like yourself, it would reboot when using Netflix sometimes. I've actually had no more since my last post so fingers crossed.

I do have a random issue, an odd one at that, and i'm curious as to whether others have also experienced it. I find that The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are almost unwatchable on this TV. The shifting aspect ratio seems to causes real problems as the entire image will smear/smudge the moment it cuts from an IMAX scene back to a letterboxed one. It's almost as if the entire scene takes on a liquid effect. It also occurs to a lesser extent on Interstellar. The amusing thing is it will not happen with any other Blu Ray containing IMAX scenes (Tron Legacy, Hunger Games Catching Fire). The intentional dark photography of Nolan's films just seem to cause problems. I have experimented with contrast/brightness/gamma on the worst affected scenes and an unable to lessen the effect. Even tried several Blu Ray players, no luck.

Any thoughts?

This issue aside, the image is stunning on everything else.
post #7294 of 7303 Old 05-20-2015, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi all, so I've been streaming some movies using the integrated web browser. After streaming for 5 minutes, the picture starts to dim - my guess is it's in power saving mode and the browser wasn't intended for streaming purposes. Anyone know what I can do to prevent the dimming?
post #7295 of 7303 Old 05-20-2015, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifting1234 View Post
Hi all, so I've been streaming some movies using the integrated web browser. After streaming for 5 minutes, the picture starts to dim - my guess is it's in power saving mode and the browser wasn't intended for streaming purposes. Anyone know what I can do to prevent the dimming?
As far as I know, if it detects that there is a static image on the background such as 4:3 or a website, there is no way to get it to stop dimming.
post #7296 of 7303 Old 05-24-2015, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey guys! This is only my second post here, even though I'm always checking the forums for information.

I just bought this thread's LG OLED HDTV to replace a Samsung UN55ES6500 55-inch 3D 1080p LED-backlit HDTV, and I'm having issues when watching DirecTV on it, using a HR22-100 HD/DVR satellite receiver and a Denon AVR-X2000 A/V receiver. The screen would be divided in three, with two small squares in the top half showing a distorted, different colored, fuzzy "live" picture each, and a large rectangle in the bottom half, showing a static "frozen" picture of whatever's being transmitted. In other words: making it impossible to watch.

I narrowed down the issue to the interlaced and progressive video scaler function of the receiver (i/p Scaler, under Video/Output Settings). The only way to get a normal picture is to set it to "off". Any other combination of resolutions and settings (including manually selecting other resolutions in the DVR) results in the same issue, or, in some cases, worse, with a tilted, flickering picture.

I tried using different HDMI cables, ports, even DVRs, but the problem persists. It doesn't happen with any other devices (such as my Blu-Ray player or next-gen videogame consoles), and it never happened before with my Samsung LED HDTV. In my experience, the receiver's video scaler produces a better picture than leaving that job to the DVR or the TV, so, I'd still like to use that function, even on my new TV (especially since DirecTV's signal is so compressed the PQ is severely impacted). It worked wonders before, after all.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
post #7297 of 7303 Old Today, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys, my first post on the forum.
I was wondering if you could help me with something. I'm a big fan of OLED based screens but the problem with current line of products is their size. They're just to big! I'm not a fan of huge (over 40") TVs. It's not just the preference issue but the space available at my home. My room is just to small to handle a 40" tv not to mention a 55 inch monster... Therefore I do have two questions:
1. Are there any news on smaller OLEDs?
2. What would you recommend instead of OLED? Which LED based TV is the nearest in terms of picture quality (blacks and contrast)?
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Lg 55ea9800 Oled Hdtv , Lg
Gear in this thread