Sony Bravia T-Con Power Spike???? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi all!

I have been diagnosing what is wrong with my Sony bravia KDL-46XBR4 and took the entire t-con board off of the panel to inspect it. I decided to create a solder bridge across the top of the fuse because it appeared that the fuse may be bad. When I did so and hooked it up there was a noticeable change. I took my ohm meter and decided to put the positive side (with it switched to 20 DC) and put it on the back of the t-con fuse. The meter read, 3, 6, 10, 12.2, 1, 3, 5, 10, 12.1, 0 and while it was spiking up and back down I could hear a strange clicking sound on the t-con itself. At every very quiet click the power would drop back to zero or close to it. I tested the power coming into the UB1 board from the GF1 board and it was a steady 12.4, which I thought was a good sign it is not a power supply issue.

Next I tested the UB1 board and the power on this board was surging in the same way peaking and dropping back down to zero. When I would disconnect the LVDS cables the surging stopped, on both of the boards so I tested the power on the FB1 board and it was steady as well. Any ideas????? Im thinking t-con is bad, but would like to know before I drop some big bones on it to find out its the UB1 board which is easy to find and cheap.

Thanks!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtony5858 View Post

Hi all!

I have been diagnosing what is wrong with my Sony bravia KDL-46XBR4 and took the entire t-con board off of the panel to inspect it. I decided to create a solder bridge across the top of the fuse because it appeared that the fuse may be bad.

....and if the fuse opened because of a short elsewhere in the chain, wouldn't you then hurt other components?

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

....and if the fuse opened because of a short elsewhere in the chain, wouldn't you then hurt other components?

you are probably correct in that assumption.... not sure what i was thinking :(

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 46xbr4 46 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 46xbr4 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page