Looking for High Quality 32"-36" 1080p TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2014, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Looking for a very good 32"-36" 1080p TV. (32" is preferred.) Something that can be calibrated to be color accurate for working on and QC'ing broadcast design work. For the "big" station we have a 65" VT60 and it's great but Panasonic doesn't make any small plasma TVs.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. For the Calibrators out there - would be happy to pay a "consulting" fee for your input.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Please address relevant forum.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sure - which forum would that be?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:01 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4vfx View Post

Sure - which forum would that be?

Probably the LCD forum since that's the only type of TV available in the 32" to 40" range. It may be a bit of a challenge to find a "good" LCD in this size range, but i'd also check to see what the serious gamers are using and see if any of those TVs fill the bill.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Old 01-26-2014, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Was hoping (in this forum) to get info re any OLED 32" TV's I maybe unaware of ...

A gamer/computer monitor is an RGB resolving panel, I need a standard broadcast (rec709, YUV signal processing) panel.

I've also posted in the LCD forum - will hope for responses there.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2014, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 72
It is good to read about structure of forums and make quick look into the content before posting. Then you would learn there are no 32" OLEDs on the market and thus suitable forum for your question is LCD. However, the question "When 32" OLED panels may appear" would be a valid one here. The problem then is nobody knows the answer, not only when but if they ever appear.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4vfx View Post

Was hoping (in this forum) to get info re any OLED 32" TV's I maybe unaware of ...

A gamer/computer monitor is an RGB resolving panel, I need a standard broadcast (rec709, YUV signal processing) panel.

I've also posted in the LCD forum - will hope for responses there.

Thanks

You've specified a monitor, but it's worth saying anyway that the general rule of thumb is that it's difficult if not impossible to find a high quality "TV" in small sizes.  So you're right in limiting your search criteria.  Every manufacturer seems to think that if you're going to spend money on something that you also somehow must require size, and that's always been a broken notion.

IF what you want is truly that level of configuration, then you'll have the most luck looking for a computer monitor I think.  You might or might not need to look for some kind of studio reference monitor.  And you might need to ask a calibrator.  There is a Display Calibration forum here, but I can't for sure if they are the folks or not....they'll tell you quickly.

Display Calibration

BTW, I think folks here (myself included) can get overly pedantic at times.  IMO, your question allowing the inclusion of OLED options is fine and this sub-forum is indeed the place to ask.  Put OLED in top-most post.

Java developers, when I saw what has been placed into Java 8 I was immediately reminded of how I've spent so much of my life trying to protect engineers from themselves. Lambda expressions are a horrible idea. Gentlemen: the goal isn't to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer. The goal is to make code readable for a competent mid-level engineer exhausted and hopped up on caffeine at 3 am. What a disaster Java 8 is!