LG 65EC9700 65 OLED Anticipation thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #541 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Member
 
oni222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I have my 65" pre-order in with Cleveland, everyone should consider a forum sponsor for purchase.
I agree, I have pre ordered from Cleveland myself. Amazing price and great reviews from people on this forum.

Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS2 Series II
Surrounds: Polk Audio Monitor50 Series II
Sub: 2x Polk PSW505
Reciever: Pioneer VSX-80
TV: Samsung 3D UN55C8000
oni222 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,451
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
You really think they'll be on time for September 30?
No one know's for sure except for LG. When a dealer can actually touch them, they are in. Otherwise it is speculation all day, everyday.......
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #543 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Member
 
oni222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
No one know's for sure except for LG. When a dealer can actually touch them, they are in. Otherwise it is speculation all day, everyday.......
I agree but considering all the fuss about BestBuy having the set early starting on the 24th. It would be a real slap in the face to BestBuy if LG delayed it.

Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS2 Series II
Surrounds: Polk Audio Monitor50 Series II
Sub: 2x Polk PSW505
Reciever: Pioneer VSX-80
TV: Samsung 3D UN55C8000
oni222 is offline  
post #544 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Moderator
 
Mike C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Last week the sales person showed one in-route in there system to the Dublin, CA store, I have not checked back yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni222 View Post
I agree but considering all the fuss about BestBuy having the set early starting on the 24th. It would be a real slap in the face to BestBuy if LG delayed it.

The cheese fell off my cracker a long time ago...
Mike C is offline  
post #545 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
conan48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Igloo
Posts: 2,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Last week the sales person showed one in-route in there system to the Dublin, CA store, I have not checked back yet.
Are you guys talking about the 65"? I thought only the 55" was exclusive to best buy for a month. Is the 65" supposed to be early at BB as well?
conan48 is online now  
post #546 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
You really think they'll be on time for September 30?
The site that lists Sept 30th for the 65" also listed June 30th for the 55". It is just now finally shipping.

You can draw your own conclusions as to the accuracy of their ETA claims.

At this point you're probably better off if they delay it anyway. Maybe they can throw in some fixes for the issues found at the shootout.
Yappadappadu likes this.
Wizziwig is offline  
post #547 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 614
They are already impressive as a company for delivering what looked to be a unicorn in OLED
mo949 is offline  
post #548 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Last week the sales person showed one in-route in there system to the Dublin, CA store, I have not checked back yet.

Can you tell me the name of that store? Dublin's a half hour away from me and I would make that drive in a heartbeat to check out one of the first 55EC9300s...
fafrd is offline  
post #549 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
unknownuser200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I saw the 9300 series oled today . i have to say the colors and black levels were impressive but the motion on it was terrible. i played with the settings about but i couldnt really improve on it much. am i missing something. its very gittery and when you adjust the motion on it seems to get very film grainy. mind they way i desribed it im just way over tired lol
unknownuser200 is online now  
post #550 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,946
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownuser200 View Post
I saw the 9300 series oled today . i have to say the colors and black levels were impressive but the motion on it was terrible. i played with the settings about but i couldnt really improve on it much. am i missing something. its very gittery and when you adjust the motion on it seems to get very film grainy. mind they way i desribed it im just way over tired lol
What was generating the signal? Cablebox / BDP / stream / something else?

Send this to all your friends! When will this stupidity end? So hysterical: Vertical Video Syndrome --- a PSA.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #551 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 614
the content being played in the stores for the EA9800 had a ton of compression artifacts, so I wouldn't doubt it was less than ideal the next time around. They need to learn from SONY how to display these things. The SONY demo stations are like stores in and of themselves.
ONDr likes this.
mo949 is offline  
post #552 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
nowknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Orlando
Posts: 905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 57
FWIW Cnet's article on the Value shootout says,

"At the event, LG's Tim Alessi reiterated that the new 55EC9300 would be followed by a 4K OLED which would be "announced in 30 days" -- meaning at either IFA or CEDIA. That jibes with LG's CES promise to release 4K OLED TVs, perhaps including a 77-inch version, sometime this year."

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest: Snow joke - six foot rabbits and the run-a-way brain.
nowknown is offline  
post #553 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
unknownuser200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 51
i actually work at Bestbuy and i tryed playing blu rays on it lol. the motion is no were near as smooth even the sony x900b

not only did the motion look jittery but as things would pan i would see alot of artifacts. I notice the same thing on all lg tvs

ps if theres any settings youd recommend id try them as of now im not impressed

Last edited by unknownuser200; 08-21-2014 at 10:25 PM.
unknownuser200 is online now  
post #554 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Moderator
 
Mike C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It is BB in Dublin, and it is the 55EC9300

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Can you tell me the name of that store? Dublin's a half hour away from me and I would make that drive in a heartbeat to check out one of the first 55EC9300s...

The cheese fell off my cracker a long time ago...
Mike C is offline  
post #555 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownuser200 View Post
i actually work at Bestbuy and i tryed playing blu rays on it lol. the motion is no were near as smooth even the sony x900b

not only did the motion look jittery but as things would pan i would see alot of artifacts. I notice the same thing on all lg tvs

ps if theres any settings youd recommend id try them as of now im not impressed
Game mode will help the motion
Try it
5x10 is offline  
post #556 of 3068 Old 08-21-2014, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
It is BB in Dublin, and it is the 55EC9300

Thanks - if it's BB I'll check my local one first and head out to Dublin if they don't have it in yet...
fafrd is offline  
post #557 of 3068 Old 08-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
 
elphillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Goodyear AZ.
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Lord, grant me the serenity to wait for the 77" 4K OLED set.
elphillips is online now  
post #558 of 3068 Old 08-22-2014, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphillips View Post
Lord, grant me the serenity to wait for the 77" 4K OLED set.
Lord, grant me the money to buy the 77" 4K OLED set.
ONDr and UltraBlack like this.
sytech is online now  
post #559 of 3068 Old 08-22-2014, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
It is BB in Dublin, and it is the 55EC9300

Just posted this in the 55EC9300 Owner's thread, but thought I would repost it here (especially since it was your head's up that has led to the story :-)

Stopped in my local BB today and saw the 55EC9300. They set it up last weekend and apparently I was the first person to even look at it. At my urging, they took out the USB flashdrive demo loop and hooked up a BlurRay player. I switched the TV from Vivid mode to THX mode and had them get some passive 3D glasses and we were watching the new Thor movie in 3D. Pretty soon had about 10 people watching with us and others asking if there were any more glasses. With the store lights on it was not really taking advantage of the blacks, but it was a pretty striking experience nonetheless - the best 3D I have ever experienced (and everyone else agreed).

There was a Samsung rep there, in fact she was helping set up the Samsung BlueRay player. She was watching with 3D glasses on as well and agreed that the 55EC9300 was the best TV she had ever seen. When I asked when Samsung was going to come out with an OLED she said "they have one but they stopped making them, they won't be trying OLED again." When I asked why not, she said "Lifetime - OLED only lasts 2 years. That LG has a beautiful picture but not many people want to pay that much for a TV that is only going to last 2 years."

As much of a hard time as I've given Vegas over the course of this year, I now understand how he can use the 'L' word when talking about his OLED TV (and now I also know what I want for Christmas :-)

But hopefully in the 65" size.

LG has got a gamechanger on their hands and I just hope they know how to market it and don't let the Samsung marketing behemoth pull the rug out from underneath them.
fafrd is offline  
post #560 of 3068 Old 08-22-2014, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
Lord, grant me the money to buy the 77" 4K OLED set.

This thread is for the 65EC9700, but I think everyone will agree that the price for the 65EC9700 ($6250 pre-release) took everyone by surprise. As did the recent release price of $3500 for the 55EC9300.

What would be the price for the 77EC9800 that would take you equally by surprise?

There are 2 77" panels in a sheet that otherwise hold 3 65" panels, so a street price of under $10K should be possible and would be equally surprising to me.

And for what it is worth, a full sheet makes 6 raw 55" panels, or $21,000 worth of 55EC9300 TVs, 3 raw 65" panels, or $18,750 worth of 65EC9700 TVs, and $18,000-20,000 worth of 77EC9800 TVs priced at $9-10K...
fafrd is offline  
post #561 of 3068 Old 08-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Senior Member
 
unknownuser200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 51
game mode helped in terms of motion a bit not as good motion as something like the x950b but acceptible compared to what it was. however i did lose some picture quality in doing so. i get the impression lg put all there money into the panel and put very little in video processing compared to some competitors . Id like to know what settings they used on the HD shootout
unknownuser200 is online now  
post #562 of 3068 Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 614
Bb is all about maximum soe around me. It takes more video processing power to do that, yes....
mo949 is offline  
post #563 of 3068 Old 08-22-2014, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownuser200 View Post
game mode helped in terms of motion a bit not as good motion as something like the x950b but acceptible compared to what it was. however i did lose some picture quality in doing so. i get the impression lg put all there money into the panel and put very little in video processing compared to some competitors . Id like to know what settings they used on the HD shootout
Just needs a little calibration, mirror the motion settings of game mode to what ever mode you like
5x10 is offline  
post #564 of 3068 Old 08-23-2014, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dsinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 114
fafrd: If you keep the $21,000 constant as LG's desired "MSRP" pricing per sheet you get $3500 for the 55", $7000 for the 65" and $10500 for the 77". I have seen the first 2 numbers someplace!
dsinger is offline  
post #565 of 3068 Old 08-23-2014, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
conan48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Igloo
Posts: 2,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Just posted this in the 55EC9300 Owner's thread, but thought I would repost it here (especially since it was your head's up that has led to the story :-)

Stopped in my local BB today and saw the 55EC9300. They set it up last weekend and apparently I was the first person to even look at it. At my urging, they took out the USB flashdrive demo loop and hooked up a BlurRay player. I switched the TV from Vivid mode to THX mode and had them get some passive 3D glasses and we were watching the new Thor movie in 3D. Pretty soon had about 10 people watching with us and others asking if there were any more glasses. With the store lights on it was not really taking advantage of the blacks, but it was a pretty striking experience nonetheless - the best 3D I have ever experienced (and everyone else agreed).

There was a Samsung rep there, in fact she was helping set up the Samsung BlueRay player. She was watching with 3D glasses on as well and agreed that the 55EC9300 was the best TV she had ever seen. When I asked when Samsung was going to come out with an OLED she said "they have one but they stopped making them, they won't be trying OLED again." When I asked why not, she said "Lifetime - OLED only lasts 2 years. That LG has a beautiful picture but not many people want to pay that much for a TV that is only going to last 2 years."

As much of a hard time as I've given Vegas over the course of this year, I now understand how he can use the 'L' word when talking about his OLED TV (and now I also know what I want for Christmas :-)

But hopefully in the 65" size.

LG has got a gamechanger on their hands and I just hope they know how to market it and don't let the Samsung marketing behemoth pull the rug out from underneath them.
It's good to hear that people are impressed with the 3D on the LG. That was one of the first things I posted, saying that the LG had the best 3D I'd ever seen and it's only half res!

That's why I'm so excited to get the 65", Full Res 3D!

OLED lasting 2 years!. LOL. If it was that bad it would be illegal to sell, and some people will get 2 years of use in like 6 months, so..........Anytime a "rep" tells you anything at a store, just assume it's all ********. We on AVS know far more then any "rep", and we know things way before they do. Reps are just hourly employees, told just enough to sell tv's but not enough to know anything else (better or worse) I used to work at Costco and it would be fun days when the reps would come in. I would end up teaching them about their tv's and what they have coming out. LOL.
conan48 is online now  
post #566 of 3068 Old 08-23-2014, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
conan48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Igloo
Posts: 2,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Bb is all about maximum soe around me. It takes more video processing power to do that, yes....
I still can't believe people don't know what SOE (frame interpolation) looks like and what kind of artifacts it produces. When frame interpolation first came out, I couldn't believe how many TVs were returned at Costco because people said the TV looked weird, and it was all because of SOE I had people come to me after returning a TV at Costco and looking for recommendations on getting a TV that didn't make Films look weird (SOE) I would show them how to turn of the option, and they would rebuy the TV. LOL.

and thats the problem with the LG. Some of the default frame interpolation settings cause judder, and artifacts, but if you dial it in right, you will be treated to some of the best motion. I wonder what the motion settings were at the VE shootout.......

Imagic comments make me think that the settings may have not been optimized...... There is no reason the LG should score a 4 on motion, even with sample and hold. The other shootout in europe that involved the 55" had very good motion scores, and people commented that it was great for sports.
conan48 is online now  
post #567 of 3068 Old 08-23-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Maestro J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Just posted this in the 55EC9300 Owner's thread, but thought I would repost it here (especially since it was your head's up that has led to the story :-)

Stopped in my local BB today and saw the 55EC9300. They set it up last weekend and apparently I was the first person to even look at it. At my urging, they took out the USB flashdrive demo loop and hooked up a BlurRay player. I switched the TV from Vivid mode to THX mode and had them get some passive 3D glasses and we were watching the new Thor movie in 3D. Pretty soon had about 10 people watching with us and others asking if there were any more glasses. With the store lights on it was not really taking advantage of the blacks, but it was a pretty striking experience nonetheless - the best 3D I have ever experienced (and everyone else agreed).

There was a Samsung rep there, in fact she was helping set up the Samsung BlueRay player. She was watching with 3D glasses on as well and agreed that the 55EC9300 was the best TV she had ever seen. When I asked when Samsung was going to come out with an OLED she said "they have one but they stopped making them, they won't be trying OLED again." When I asked why not, she said "Lifetime - OLED only lasts 2 years. That LG has a beautiful picture but not many people want to pay that much for a TV that is only going to last 2 years."

As much of a hard time as I've given Vegas over the course of this year, I now understand how he can use the 'L' word when talking about his OLED TV (and now I also know what I want for Christmas :-)

But hopefully in the 65" size.

LG has got a gamechanger on their hands and I just hope they know how to market it and don't let the Samsung marketing behemoth pull the rug out from underneath them.
How did the EC9300 handle motion? It sounds like, other than the demo loop, you watched film content? Any panning artifacts or anything of note in this area? Would really like to get some reports on sports and motion handling. I'm on CP's 65" pre-list and seriously considering the 77" depending on price.
Maestro J is offline  
post #568 of 3068 Old 08-23-2014, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
MartyGillis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 257
After 5 years of owning LG's of all types (including the 2013 LA9700) I have found that setting the "USER" setting to De-Judder 1 and De-Blur 2 works extremely well for all content and frame rates without introducing SOE or other unwanted artifacts. There is just no way any LCD LG is view-able with the Tru Motion turned OFF. I guess the OLED panels are similar in that regard but perhaps for other reasons.

The downloadable User Manual for the new OLED models does not provide comprehensive lists of their menu options (probably only exists within the built in user guide) but I am assuming that the option menu still includes a user adjustable Tru Motion section.

I was really hoping the OLED models would have such fast response that Tru Motion would not be necessary at all. Guess it still is........
MartyGillis is online now  
post #569 of 3068 Old 08-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Dianabol5mg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
With the LG's I've owned it was usually 3 and 2. If all it is is that people aren't familiar with Trumotion as they are with Samsung's AMP, then this TV's motion should be just fine if it's like LG's LCD's.


I'm patiently waiting for the 65" but it is getting real hard with the 8800 coming down in price. If the 65" hits close to $5000, I'm biting. I'm sick of waiting!!
Dianabol5mg is offline  
post #570 of 3068 Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
This thread is for the 65EC9700, but I think everyone will agree that the price for the 65EC9700 ($6250 pre-release) took everyone by surprise. As did the recent release price of $3500 for the 55EC9300.

What would be the price for the 77EC9800 that would take you equally by surprise?

There are 2 77" panels in a sheet that otherwise hold 3 65" panels, so a street price of under $10K should be possible and would be equally surprising to me.

And for what it is worth, a full sheet makes 6 raw 55" panels, or $21,000 worth of 55EC9300 TVs, 3 raw 65" panels, or $18,750 worth of 65EC9700 TVs, and $18,000-20,000 worth of 77EC9800 TVs priced at $9-10K...
I don't think you can make linear price estimations because of the defective yield rate. If you are trying to cut 6 55" screens out of a sheet and only have to throw away one because of a defect, your cost per unit only slightly increases. If you are trying to make 2 77" screens and one is defective, you just doubled your cost. Yes, I know they would probably mitigate the lost by cutting them differently based on how they came out, but there has to be a premium placed the 65" and 77" because of the greater potential loss if the sheet is bad.
dabotsonline likes this.
sytech is online now  
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General
Gear in this thread - 65EC9700 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off