UN60ES6100 HDMI inputs don't work after nearby lightning strike. Picture still displays the menu, SmartHub, etc. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2014, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a relatively new Samsung Smart LED TV (UN60ES6100) that doesn't show a picture through any of the HDMI inputs after a nearby lightning strike. The picture works fine otherwise, I can still pull up the menu, smart hub, apps, ect., just getting no signal from the HDMIs. If I put it on an HDMI input with a cable plugged in, it does however see the cable, it just says "No Signal". I pulled the back panels, and don't see any signs of obvious damage. The two fuses on the power board tested fine, no bulging/popped caps, burnt/cracked components. I know how to get into the service menu, but not sure what to look for to try to narrow down the problem. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Here are some pics I took of the internals, in case you guys see something I don't: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjY3L9Vf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2014, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I see little point in getting into the service menu, I don't know what you think you can accomplish there as it would seem that the input board is the culprit. Similar issue happened to a cousin, he ended up replacing the input board and all was well. Hard to say if that will fix yours but that would be the first thing I'd do.