Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By chadsdsmith

post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help! Opportunity to trade TVs, need advice.

I have a 7 year old LG 50" plasma, model# 50PCD-UL. I have the opportunity to trade this TV for a 1 year old Sharp 60" LED LCD, model# LC-60LE640U. I think that it would be a good trade but I am not positive. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I assume you have verified that there is nothing wrong with the other set? I only ask because sometimes if things are too good to be true, they are. With that said, the sharp is an edge lit led, so it doesn't have anywhere near the pq of most of the newer plasmas, but likely will hold up pretty well next to an older lg plasma, which generally aren't that great in the pq department (at least as far as plasmas go). Also consider viewing angle. If you are going to sit off axis, an led/lcd will not be as good. It could, however, be a better option if it is going in a bright room, where lcd/led tend to be better. If everything checks out, I say go for it. You get a bigger/newer tv. What is the other party's motivation?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsdsmith View Post
I assume you have verified that there is nothing wrong with the other set? I only ask because sometimes if things are too good to be true, they are. With that said, the sharp is an edge lit led, so it doesn't have anywhere near the pq of most of the newer plasmas, but likely will hold up pretty well next to an older lg plasma, which generally aren't that great in the pq department (at least as far as plasmas go). Also consider viewing angle. If you are going to sit off axis, an led/lcd will not be as good. It could, however, be a better option if it is going in a bright room, where lcd/led tend to be better. If everything checks out, I say go for it. You get a bigger/newer tv. What is the other party's motivation?
My mother provided in-home care to a woman long term and she recently passed. My mother has inherited most of the women's belongings as she doesn't have much family and became very close with my mom in the 5 years that she took care of her. There are no problems with either TV (other than the age of the LG). I have pretty much made my mind up to make the trade. I was just curious if anyone would have any reason that I shouldn't. Thanks!
post #4 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
In that case, sounds like a good move for you.
buchananv likes this.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page