LG 55EC9300 55" OLED Owners ONLY Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2318Likes

post #871 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
I did not mean any offense - it's just a big enough challenge for LG right now to address true concerns with their new OLEDs, just wanted to avoid the creation of another (false) concern :-)
Its all cool. I would be an owner now if CP has it in stock. I can wait to save ~$800 on the price and tax.

I have read every post about the 9300. There is nothing that I would call a deal breaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Question I have: if the Sammy OLED is such a great panel, why did they quit making them? What's the wisdom behind that decision? Is it because it costs too much too produce such a high quality panel and they'd wind up being far too expensive and they wouldn't sell enough to justify further production, or what?
post #873 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland View Post
It is rubbish, and the guy was just pranking you.

You might ask for recommendations over on the dedicated calibrations forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/
Ah..

I just stole Vegas subject and Posted there. Ha
post #874 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowbeyond1 View Post
So I'm watching my Planet earth hd-dvd Heh. In my old but still working tosh player. Double Ha!

Sweeping pans and zooms. No motion issues I can notice. And I have everything shut off.

Maybe if there is a football game on later I'll watch that to see how it does in sports... I still remember the triple ball effect from the Sammy with some feature that I forget the name bc I shut it off almost immediately.

Pans across an almost all white snow scape doesn't show uniformity or banding.

Close ups of say some mushrooms and other critters well they just pop out of the screen.
Be Aware that Planet Earth BD is wonderful to view it is widely known and posted by BD Reviewers to have banding artifacts that will replicate on all displays caused by a codec transfer (forgotten the full name of the transfer). It's actually not a good series to test for this though it's great viewing overall.

Samsung 75HU8550w/SEK-3500-UHDVideoPk, 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Philips Folio Soundbar
XBoxOne/360, FPS's Borderlands 1/2, EDF 2017/2025, Halo's
post #875 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Call me strange, but I do not buy a $3,500 display to watch the Simpsons

I buy a 3500$ TV to watch anything I enjoy, if the display can't accurately produce yellows on Simpsons, it is not accurately producing yellows on any content. Are you being serious? You do realize that animation movies tends to be one of the best sources for reference material? It is the easiest way to detect color accuracy problems with real sources.

Your cell phone pictures aren't really doing anything for or against the quality of the TV.

Quote:
This photo stated prior to calibration. I do recommend you take a ISF course in calibrations. And yes this ignorant post has now put you on my ignore list.
Sorry but you are just being ridiculous. You keep posting cell phone pictures trying to display OLED quality, then I tell you they aren't doing justice and don't look accurate. You copied/pasted your settings and tell me to take an ISF course. What a joke.

Quote:
if someone mainly watches cartoons, cartoons look amazing on about any mid-level LCD on up.
Seriously where do you get this stuff? Cartoons look incredible on OLED when compared to any plasma/lcd/led - even in the case of the 9300 and the inaccurate colors I was getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Once again, the professionally calibrated 9300 at the shootout did not show these issues. You specifically mention yellow, and D-Nice, the professional calibrator who performed the calibration, had no such issues with yellow. The one color mentioned was cyan.

That should tell you that a) your calibration skills are not at a professional level (why should they be, you don't do this for a living) and b) your equipment is not nearly at the level of professional calibrators who use extremely expensive equipment.

Getting the calibration looking correct on the Samsung says nothing about the same procedure working on the LG. The LG would not be the first display that was both more difficult to calibrate and required some esoteric procedure to do it correctly.

If you're not getting yours professionally calibrated, I'd recommend moving on and getting the Samsung OLED, you'll never be happy with the next 100 LGs. With that said, I wouldn't condemn an entire line based on your experience and attempts at calibration. The shootout proved that IMO.

Of course if you're picky, no current LCD will satisfy you either with their myriad of other PQ issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing you, but merely telling you the way it appears to me.
Again, I never stated a pro can't get the TV right... I even stated that it's likely fixable but it'd take a lot of patience, equipment, and experience. I personally could not get it remotely close and even stated i'm just an amateur. It should not be required to drop $500 on a professional calibrator to get semi-accurate colors and a proper grayscale. You should get semi-accurate out of the box, accurate if you calibrate yourself, and absolute reference if you pay a pro.

Last edited by Tyrindor; 08-30-2014 at 04:36 PM.
post #876 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledbiker View Post
Question I have: if the Sammy OLED is such a great panel, why did they quit making them? What's the wisdom behind that decision? Is it because it costs too much too produce such a high quality panel and they'd wind up being far too expensive and they wouldn't sell enough to justify further production, or what?
I believe the Sammy costs significantly more than the LG but it is rumored that Samsung may announce something about OLED next week at IFA in Berlin.

We all win when there's competition and the S. Korean Govt wants them both to dominate OLED and they also help subsidize part of the process I've read in some Trade Journals. Samsung is highly unlikely to just walk away without an alternative and let LG ever dominate outright.

Samsung 75HU8550w/SEK-3500-UHDVideoPk, 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Philips Folio Soundbar
XBoxOne/360, FPS's Borderlands 1/2, EDF 2017/2025, Halo's
post #877 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post
Be Aware that Planet Earth BD is wonderful to view it is widely known and posted by BD Reviewers to have banding artifacts that will replicate on all displays caused by a codec transfer (forgotten the full name of the transfer). It's actually not a good series to test for this though it's great viewing overall.
Ah didn't know that. Couple thing previous TV would stutter every now and then on pans.

Didn't see that.

The flock of bird scenes well my old Sammy would barf all over it self and pixelate the entire scene.

The LG didn't.

I guess some of that is due to 7 yrs of progress in general. But I was happy nonetheless!

I suppose I can put in the happy feet Hd DVD that's all animated white pans

March of penguin didn't notice banding or stutter on those plans either.

I got 44 more days til I can't return it.. Heh
post #878 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1415 Post(s)
Liked: 1383
Quote:
Once again, the professionally calibrated 9300 at the shootout did not show these issues. You specifically mention yellow, and D-Nice, the professional calibrator who performed the calibration, had no such issues with yellow. The one color mentioned was cyan.

That should tell you that a) your calibration skills are not at a professional level (why should they be, you don't do this for a living) and b) your equipment is not nearly at the level of professional calibrators who use extremely expensive equipment.

Getting the calibration looking correct on the Samsung says nothing about the same procedure working on the LG. The LG would not be the first display that was both more difficult to calibrate and required some esoteric procedure to do it correctly.

If you're not getting yours professionally calibrated, I'd recommend moving on and getting the Samsung OLED, you'll never be happy with the next 100 LGs.
Professional calibration is not cheap. He was attempting to evaluate a TV. What if one of the problems that some have had (to whatever extent you agree with) is evident after calibration? Are you suggesting that he get it replaced, and calibrated again? That's an awful lot of money.

It's not that calibration wouldn't help his situation....that's not what I'm saying. But you're oversimplifying if you think that it's a no brainer amount of money that you can just throw at every TV you're evaluating.

Cogito ergo sum makes a fundamental mistake because it ignores the implied existence of the narrator. Descartes might as well have said "A rose is red, therefore I am".
post #879 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
In terms of 'manufacturing process' I hope this turns out to be caused by the curving process and not the underlying WOLED sheet manufacturing process.
One of the things I'm still pondering....

On any layered surface, no matter how thin, if you bend it horizontally in the middle, you'll get a significant offset from one layer to the other left and right. Here, "significant" is relative to the thickness of the layer.

Take a few pages and bend them and you'll get the inner page to extend past the outer page. In the case of a few pages, this would be slight and hard to see because again, it's dependent upon the thickness of the page. Curve a ream of paper or 3 thick sheets of foam in your hand and you'll see the effect.

Are the electronic layers (on the top and bottom of the stack) created such that the outer layer is ever so slightly larger than the inner layer to keep the stack perpendicular to the tangent of the curve? I doubt it.

Just a thought.
fafrd, MartyGillis and UltraBlack like this.

Cogito ergo sum makes a fundamental mistake because it ignores the implied existence of the narrator. Descartes might as well have said "A rose is red, therefore I am".

Last edited by tgm1024; 08-30-2014 at 05:00 PM.
post #880 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor View Post

I buy a 3500$ TV to watch anything I enjoy, if the display can't accurately produce yellows on Simpsons, it is not accurately producing yellows on any content. Are you being serious? You do realize that animation movies tends to be one of the best sources for reference material? It is the easiest way to detect color accuracy problems with real sources.

Your cell phone pictures aren't really doing anything for or against the quality of the TV.

Sorry but you are just being ridiculous. You keep posting cell phone pictures trying to display OLED quality, then I tell you they aren't doing justice and don't look accurate. You copied/pasted your settings and tell me to take an ISF course. What a joke.

Seriously where do you get this stuff? Cartoons look incredible on OLED when compared to any plasma/lcd/led - even in the case of the 9300 and the inaccurate colors I was getting.

Again, I never stated a pro can't get the TV right... I even stated that it's likely fixable but it'd take a lot of patience, equipment, and experience. I personally could not get it remotely close and even stated i'm just an amateur. It should not be required to drop $500 on a professional calibrator to get semi-accurate colors and a proper grayscale. You should get semi-accurate out of the box, accurate if you calibrate yourself, and absolute reference if you pay a pro.

I see your ire here as a function of you feeling that you've been under attack. That for some reason, your observations are being ridiculed and that your positions on this TV as well as your attempts to understand it are without merit.

I understand this ire, and would be reacting in much the same way, because IMO you have been treated unfairly here.
NetBum, Tyrindor, Fleat and 4 others like this.

Last edited by tgm1024; 08-30-2014 at 05:02 PM.
post #881 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Professional calibration is not cheap. He was attempting to evaluate a TV. What if one of the problems that some have had (to whatever extent you agree with) is evident after calibration? Are you suggesting that he get it replaced, and calibrated again? That's an awful lot of money.

It's not that calibration wouldn't help his situation....that's not what I'm saying. But you're oversimplifying if you think that it's a no brainer amount of money that you can just throw at every TV you're evaluating.
Exactly, I'm just trying to share my experience. If this happens when I buy the 65" version, maybe someone will come up with a solution by then. I haven't seen another person in this thread attempt to calibrate it with actual software and a sensor. I wish people wouldn't jump on me because I'm just reporting my findings so that more knowledgeable people may have a solution later. I fully admit, it could be user error but I didn't have these problems calibrating my other displays so I'm stumped.

The LG is a great display overall and i'm sure if you don't get technical about the little things, most people won't ever notice the problems I was having. If you do, then professional calibration is likely the best path with this display.

Quote:
I see your ire here as a function of you feeling that you've been under attack. That somehow your observations are being ridiculed and that your positions on this TV as well as your attempts to understand it are without merit.

I understand this ire, and would be reacting in much the same way, because IMO you have been treated unfairly here.
Thanks man, I do appreciate it. I know these forums can get a little hostile, so I try not to take it personally. I get where people are coming from, if they enjoy their sets I hope my findings don't sway them to focus on the negatives. If my exchanged set didn't have the dead pixel, I probably would of went the professional calibration route. It's a great display overall and has some flaws like every display on the market. I just wish LG spent more time getting the stock settings correct, if i'm required to get professional calibration I'll just wait and do it on the 65" 4K version. It's easier to justify a $500 calibration on a $6250 display.

Last edited by Tyrindor; 08-30-2014 at 05:00 PM.
post #882 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 05:56 PM

I'll second Tyrindor

I watched a bunch of scenes from how to train your dragon. And the characters just pop off the screen. You have that 3d effect in 2d image

Few scenes from Finding Nemo had the same pop as well.
I don't own any 3d Blu-ray so can't comment on 3d images. But I thought it's fairly impressive.
MartyGillis and 5x10 like this.
post #883 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowbeyond1 View Post
I'll second Tyrindor

I watched a bunch of scenes from how to train your dragon. And the characters just pop off the screen. You have that 3d effect in 2d image

Few scenes from Finding Nemo had the same pop as well.
I don't own any 3d Blu-ray so can't comment on 3d images. But I thought it's fairly impressive.
Instead of hitting the FF as I usually do on my Harmony One I have actually started watching commercials for the first time in ages (from my HD DVR) just because they are so well shot & mastered. They're the best looking content on my Fios system actually.

I saw a Nexium ad last night where the pill in the ad looked absolutely 3D and popped right out of the screen. Now THAT is good shadow detail if you ask me.
post #884 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 06:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 969
post #885 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I own the first gen LG 55EA9800 and just watched the Spidey 2 blu-ray. As a point of comparison as I'm guessing the motion handling isn't any different than the 9300...crazy action sequences in this movie! No motion problems I could see whatsoever.
MartyGillis likes this.
post #886 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglm View Post
I own the first gen LG 55EA9800 and just watched the Spidey 2 blu-ray. As a point of comparison as I'm guessing the motion handling isn't any different than the 9300...crazy action sequences in this movie! No motion problems I could see whatsoever.
After doing my firmware update on the 9300 and then turning OFF the Tru Motion I have had nothing but perfect motion ever since. I am amazed by it. The current Tru Motion on the 9300 introduces stuttering and random frame drops for me, so I just leave it set to OFF.
post #887 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3200 Post(s)
Liked: 3005
Quote:
Ken Ross, you have become the most common sense person on this thread.
OK, now you're scaring me Vegas.
post #888 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 08:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3200 Post(s)
Liked: 3005
Quote:

What I was saying is that I would not condemn an entire line of displays because one person said he couldn't get his to calibrate properly. That was his evaluation. I have no idea what his calibration skills are. I do know that some people can make a display's PQ worse if they don't know what they're doing (I'm not saying that's necessarily what happened here). I have no idea how well he knows LG displays. I do know that the 9300 at the shootout had no issues with yellow, his worst case color.

IMO, this all adds up to an unjustifiable condemnation of the 9300. In fact, I've heard of no one else complaining of inaccurate yellows. Unlike a cyan error, an error with yellow, particularly of the magnitude he is suggesting, would be blatantly obvious to all owners.

Every display can benefit from a skilled ISF calibration, not just the 9300. If someone spends this kind of money on a display and wants to bring out the most the display has to offer, the best approach is to have it ISF'd.
post #889 of 3002 Old 08-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What I was saying is that I would not condemn an entire line of displays because one person said he couldn't get his to calibrate properly. That was his evaluation. I have no idea what his calibration skills are. I do know that some people can make a display's PQ worse if they don't know what they're doing (I'm not saying that's necessarily what happened here). I have no idea how well he knows LG displays. I do know that the 9300 at the shootout had no issues with yellow, his worst case color.

IMO, this all adds up to an unjustifiable condemnation of the 9300. In fact, I've heard of no one else complaining of inaccurate yellows. Unlike a cyan error, an error with yellow, particularly of the magnitude he is suggesting, would be blatantly obvious to all owners.

Every display can benefit from a skilled ISF calibration, not just the 9300. If someone spends this kind of money on a display and wants to bring out the most the display has to offer, the best approach is to have it ISF'd.
I'm not condemning any TV, let alone the entire lineup of TVs, and I don't know why you think I am. I think every display benefits from ISF calibration but my point is i've never owned a display that an amateur calibrator can't get in the ballpark by himself. You are right, i've never owned an LG because until recently LG wasn't really considered a high end enthusiast brand. If the 65" 4K wasn't coming out next month, I would of exchanged a 3rd time due to the dead pixel and then got ISF calibrator to take care of the problem.

However, i'm just looking at all this as a reason to make the leap and get the 65" 4k version. I mean what more can you want from a TV? 4K, 65", OLED, passive 1080p 3D. Pretty sure it has a standard VESA mount like the 77" version, unlike this 55" version. It's the TV to have for a decade, and still be happy with. Even if you get a dead sub-pixel or two, it wouldn't be a problem at that resolution. At this point I imagine the 65" 4K version will be the same, but I can easily justify paying for ISF calibration on a $6250 display.
post #890 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 01:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Great deal on the ec9300 here next week , im jumping in

6mnt free netflix included aswell.

Last edited by vaktmestern; 08-31-2014 at 01:28 AM.
post #891 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 02:46 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
These yellow issues or un even colouring across the picture, would you get this affect if the RGB color film in front of the oleds was not correctly aligned? or maybe if the pitch was slightly different? It reminds me a bit of convergence errors in the CRT days. If the pitch was off you would get nice whites in some places and yellows in others.
post #892 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 03:05 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
http://www.digitaltrends.com/hands-o...-oled/#!bNaRFG

notice what he tells about motion judder... thats what I noticed on my 9800 set. Would be nice to know what firmwareversion his tv is running.
post #893 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 03:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
I did not mean any offense - it's just a big enough challenge for LG right now to address true concerns with their new OLEDs, just wanted to avoid the creation of another (false) concern :-)

In terms of 'manufacturing process' I hope this turns out to be caused by the curving process and not the underlying WOLED sheet manufacturing process.

We are trying to get a few owners of the 55EA8800 (flat) OLED to check for similar yellow-push to either side of center on their TVs. My prediction is that they will have no signs of this (which would then more or less confirm that it is curve-related).
I predict it will have nothing to do with the curve. I've seen plenty of non OLED displays that had similar uniformity issues across multiple samples of the same model. As an example, I recall a Panny Plasma (ST30 I think) where I saw a red tint on the left/right edges when checking the display in multiple stores.

Like you, I would love to get a ea8800 owner to confirm so we can put this speculation to rest.

Edit: Just saw in the other thread that an ea8800 owner also sees the yellow tinting at the screen edges. I guess this means there is something about LG's manufacturing process which causes this on the original flat panel before it is curved.

I assume people have already checked to make sure this isn't simply a view angle issue? Does the yellow tint disappear as you move perpendicular to that part of the screen?

Last edited by Wizziwig; 08-31-2014 at 03:50 AM.
post #894 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger View Post
Regarding calibration check the Chromapure (which I use) and Calman websites. They both sell packages including meters and the software needed. They have free tutorials on how to do it. A professional calibrator will charge you $300-$400 for the work. Given that you have 3 sets DIY is the way to go. Note that emissive displays usually need a touchup yearly for the first year or so. Many DIYers doing it every year they own the set.
It doesn't look like either of those products are designed for calibrating OLED though?

Samsung 78JS9500 + LG 55EC9300 + 55EA8800 OLED + Sony 65XBR850A + Samsung 46D8000
Denon X5200W + Oppo BDP-103D
Yamaha RX-A3000 + Oppo BDP-103D
MartinLogan Motion 40/30/FX + Rhythmik FV15HP
MartinLogan Motion 60XT/50XT/FX2 + Seaton Submersive HP+
Monitor Audio ASB-2 + Oppo BDP-103
post #895 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post
Great deal on the ec9300 here next week , im jumping in

6mnt free netflix included aswell.
Interesting promo, buy a high end TV and then watch Netflix on it

Samsung 78JS9500 + LG 55EC9300 + 55EA8800 OLED + Sony 65XBR850A + Samsung 46D8000
post #896 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
I predict it will have nothing to do with the curve. I've seen plenty of non OLED displays that had similar uniformity issues across multiple samples of the same model. As an example, I recall a Panny Plasma (ST30 I think) where I saw a red tint on the left/right edges when checking the display in multiple stores.

Like you, I would love to get a ea8800 owner to confirm so we can put this speculation to rest.

Edit: Just saw in the other thread that an ea8800 owner also sees the yellow tinting at the screen edges. I guess this means there is something about LG's manufacturing process which causes this on the original flat panel before it is curved.

I assume people have already checked to make sure this isn't simply a view angle issue? Does the yellow tint disappear as you move perpendicular to that part of the screen?
Since I have both the curved and flat, is there some piece of content I can play that brings this yellow push out? Im not seeing it during my daily use of my ec9300. My eA8800s aren't hung yet, but I do have one of them plugged in so I can still check it.

post #897 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:

We are trying to get a few owners of the 55EA8800 (flat) OLED to check for similar yellow-push to either side of center on their TVs. My prediction is that they will have no signs of this (which would then more or less confirm that it is curve-related).

Ok so after loading a white test image on my 9300 and 8800, only the 8800 has a yellow push on the sides. My curved 9300 doesn't so this. I have another 8800 coming next Friday so I'll test that one as well. So it has nothing to do with curved vs flat. For me, unless I can see this yellow during actual content I'm not too concerned about it.
Ken Ross and fafrd like this.

post #898 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
Since I have both the curved and flat, is there some piece of content I can play that brings this yellow push out? Im not seeing it during my daily use of my ec9300. My eA8800s aren't hung yet, but I do have one of them plugged in so I can still check it.
Pop in the BD of Casablanca (or a similar B&W title), make sure to play it in it's OAR (4:3) and watch the left side of your screen whenever someone is standing or sitting and wearing a white shirt, suit or dress. Even the wall will be tinted compared to the the same wall on the right side of the screen. (or left if yours leans more to yellow on the other side ) You will see it. If not, you do not have the discoloration and it isn't affecting all of them.

My 9300 has it on both sides but more strongly on the left side. Compared to screen shots that have been recently posted here, my yellowing is extremely minor in comparison.

Any 4:3 B&W movie should show up the yellow tinge, most noticeable with HD content of that genre.
post #899 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 20
All we need now is a flat screen with BFI for better motion.

LG have always been poor with motion handling, even on their high end products and it seems these OLED are more of the same. How I wish Sony or Panasonic were in this OLED race...
post #900 of 3002 Old 08-31-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agisthos View Post
All we need now is a flat screen with BFI for better motion.

LG have always been poor with motion handling, even on their high end products and it seems these OLED are more of the same. How I wish Sony or Panasonic were in this OLED race...
I always diable motion handling on my Sonys. This LG is the first set I've been able to leave motion handling on and not found it bothersome. Maybe that's because it isn't doing much, it doesn't look like the soap opera effect my sony and samsung sets have. I don't watch sports though, so maybe that's why I don't fully appreciate the feature.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page