AVS Forum banner

Extended Warranty

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  mecmec 
#1 · (Edited)
Extended Warranty for OLED

Don't know if this has been discussed, can't find it in a search. Due to the fact its new technology has anyone with the OLED opt'd for an extended warranty? Registering my TV with LG and taking a look at their pricing its about $100 for 3yrs

#2 ·
Don't know if this has been discussed, can't find it in a search. Due to the fact its new technology has anyone with the OLED opt'd for an extended warranty? Registering my TV with LG and taking a look at their pricing its about $100 for 3yrs
Hi,

I cannot answer specifically to LG. However, I had taken extended warranty on a number of occasions paying somewhat similar amounts and found it quite useful. One of my Sony 46" TV had its LCD panel replaced twice during extended warranty. Similarly, Panasonic microwave, Washing machine etc were repaired during the extended warrant period, as otherwise I would have had to shell out large sum of money. I would say it is worth the extra $100.

#6 ·
And good sir, what store would that be? I like this.

#7 ·
So I contacted LG and it turns out the 3yr Extended is $366CDN, 2YR is $114. So I'm thinking of going with the 2yr extended. What would other do? I got the 55EA8800 for $3500CDN so that's what I would get back if the set went teets up.

#8 ·
I bought a 3 year warranty that kicks in AFTER the 1 year from LG (so essentially, I have 4 years total) for $90 from Squaretrade, via the Costco site. Costco will sell it to you even if the TV is not from them, as long as it's an authorized retailer (not a truck in an empty lot somewhere ;)). For what I paid and saved on the TV, another $90 for four years was a no-brainer for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.