Best TV for Mancave?? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 6 Old 07-22-2015, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Best TV for Mancave??

So I am replacing my Panasonic VT Series Plasma TV in my Mancave. Looking for a 60" or 65" TV with excellent picture quality equal to or better than the Panasonic.
Want to spend less than $2K.
Need recommendations on a great TV to buy.
Vizio
Samsung
LG
etc.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-22-2015, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2330 Post(s)
Liked: 1164
You won't really find something that matches or beats your VT in that price range. I would look at the Vizio M series and if you can wait the 2015 Vizio P series. Those should meet your price point and be "close" in most areas to your VT.

Sent from nowhere
post #3 of 6 Old 07-22-2015, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
You won't really find something that matches or beats your VT in that price range. I would look at the Vizio M series and if you can wait the 2015 Vizio P series. Those should meet your price point and be "close" in most areas to your VT.

Sent from nowhere

Also, If possible dropping down to a 55inch and get the 9300 but that is curved, so may look smaller

Im only upgrading from a 51 inch plasma so 55 wouldn't be too bad, but i can wait, not sure if thats an option for you, but nothing in that size and that price point will match your current picture quality.
post #4 of 6 Unread Today, 01:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRobo View Post
So I am replacing my Panasonic VT Series Plasma TV in my Mancave. Looking for a 60" or 65" TV with excellent picture quality equal to or better than the Panasonic.
Want to spend less than $2K.
Need recommendations on a great TV to buy.
Vizio
Samsung
LG
etc.

Thanks
Why? the VT is great.
post #5 of 6 Unread Today, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm moving it to my family room and want to get a comparable larger screen TV for Man Cave.

The OLED's are a little to expensive at this point so I want to get a good 4K TV.

Any thoughts?
post #6 of 6 Unread Today, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 149
You probably won't see the difference between 1080 and 4k on a 55" TV at watching distance. And there's very little 4k content for watching anyway. If your eyes are like mine, you'll hate anything other than your VT. I'd rather watch a $400 720p plasma than a $4000 4k, LED, curved screen, 3D, Smart TV, 240hz, full array dimming, blah blah blah...

I guess you could call my garage my man cave. We sit out there a lot. I have the cheapest Panasonic 42" I could find at the time. It's 1080p, not LED back lit, 60hz, and for just having something on in the background while we hang out, it's fine. I had it in the bedroom for a while and couldn't stand it, replaced it with a cheap Samsung plasma from Costco before they all dried up and couldn't be happier. Unfortunately, you don't have that option anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General