Upgrading from Plasma... HELP!!! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Old Today, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Upgrading from Plasma... HELP!!!

I have two plasma tvs. Old Pioneer plasma which is 720p and I paid 3500 for and not as old Samsung 1080p plasma. Both 50 inch. I would like to upgrade to 60+ inch, but do not see OLED TV in that size that would be flat and reasonably priced. What would be a your recommendation to a Plasma lover to upgrade to large screen at this point? And I can't wait as I am moving and in my new space 50 inch is not going to work at all... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Today, 04:44 PM
KOF
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ld100 View Post
I have two plasma tvs. Old Pioneer plasma which is 720p and I paid 3500 for and not as old Samsung 1080p plasma. Both 50 inch. I would like to upgrade to 60+ inch, but do not see OLED TV in that size that would be flat and reasonably priced. What would be a your recommendation to a Plasma lover to upgrade to large screen at this point? And I can't wait as I am moving and in my new space 50 inch is not going to work at all... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You won't see affordable large sized flat OLEDs for now, so why not go with a used plasma for now? Not in 60 inches, but if you're adament about going new, then you can still buy the 65 inches Panasonic PB2U for $2100 that'll give you Panasonic ST60 like black level with the Samsung F8500 like brightness.
post #3 of 4 Unread Today, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Honestly, hunt down a used plasma like the guy above said. it's your best option. There are nice 65" OLEDs out there, but they're 5 figures and the technology is still pretty young.
post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgeneral View Post
There are nice 65" OLEDs out there, but they're 5 figures.
$7000 USD is expensive, but it's not 5-figures expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page