AVS Forum banner

OLED pc mode disadvantages

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  NintendoManiac64 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I know pc mode allows us to reduce frames per second, but is it the only thing it does? (if not people would use it all the time).
So, what disadvantages does it have? (watching a movie in pc mode vs hdmi mode).

#4 ·
Hey guys, I know pc mode allows us to reduce frames per second, but is it the only thing it does? (if not people would use it all the time).
So, what disadvantages does it have? (watching a movie in pc mode vs hdmi mode).
I'm not sure that's the case. PC mode disables almost all internal processing. As a result, you will have to depending on your source to provide a good video output. Things like motion compensation, noise filter etc. are no longer available. On the flip side, it also greatly reduces lag and the only way to get 4:4:4 displayed correctly without artifacts.

#12 ·
hdtvtest.co.uk have tested 4:4:4 on all the LG OLEDs

For example the 930/9300

Input lag (high-speed camera) 31ms in [PC] mode
Leo Bodnar input lag tester 39ms in [PC] mode
Full 4:4:4 reproduction (PC) Yes, with input label set to [PC]

It really bothers me that by default a lot of TV's downscale the colour to half res, that's so stupid and takes extra processing time to make the image worse.

#14 ·
I run PC mode on mine with PS4. probably about 50/50 video/movie streaming and gaming. Have not had any issues with movies for me. I have not done too much blu ray watching but did test the 3Dness of it a few weeks back. worked fine there. but I think it slips into full 3D mode there as there were lots of options top play with there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.