55EF9500 settings - new owner - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2016, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
55EF9500 settings - new owner

New owner 55EF9500. Been trying to read the owners thread forever (its big).

TV so far has been very very good. My motivation was to future proof (I dont update this stuff often) so I went in to get the EG9600 and came out with the EF9500 as my salesguy explained that the former does not support hdcp 2.2. Took me a while to corroborate but I think he was right.

Picture is, in some cases the best I've seen (using the cnet settings I then WOW'd it via bluray).

Was wondering if there was a thread here for recommended settings - I did see some noticeable issues when I watched football (soccer) at the weekend which feel like they could be sorted.

HDMI 2.0a cables are on their way but everything seems to be working well right now. Redirected sound output from the tv (impressive imo) to my amp via toslink - worked a treat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2016, 02:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 2241
Read the owners thread, post number 2. Beyond that you'd need a professional calibration but that won't do much to improve the picture. The 55EF9500 is uncommonly accurate right from the factory.

Buzz
THX Certified Level II Video Calibrator
CalMAN Ultimate license FS

Old 01-08-2016, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
Read the owners thread, post number 2. Beyond that you'd need a professional calibration but that won't do much to improve the picture. The 55EF9500 is uncommonly accurate right from the factory.
Cheers - I did find it and punched in 10k's game 2.4 settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement