Insignia 50" LED - NS-50D420N - Removing Insignia DTS image at startup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-11-2016, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Insignia 50" LED - NS-50D420N - Removing Insignia DTS image at startup

50" - NS 50D420NA16 - Annoying Insignia "DTS" image when Power on TV every time

I hate the annoying time hogging "Insignia - DTS" image that pops up when the TV turns on.
Is there a way to bypass the loading of the image or turn it off.

Anyway to program the TV in a sort of "sleep mode" so that when I hit the power button, the TV "wakes up", the "Insignia DTS" image/logo does not show up?

Also, the annoying "HDMI 3" image shows up in the corner right after that which takes extra time, which is showing which HDMI port it senses a signal from. Any way to turn that off too?

All of the above makes it take about 10 seconds to get to watching the actual content on the screen which is way to long for my taste.

Any opinions about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
50" - NS 50D420NA16 - Annoying Insignia "DTS" image when Power on TV every time

I hate the annoying time hogging "Insignia - DTS" image that pops up when the TV turns on.
Is there a way to bypass the loading of the image or turn it off.

Anyway to program the TV in a sort of "sleep mode" so that when I hit the power button, the TV "wakes up", the "Insignia DTS" image/logo does not show up?

Also, the annoying "HDMI 3" image shows up in the corner right after that which takes extra time, which is showing which HDMI port it senses a signal from. Any way to turn that off too?

All of the above makes it take about 10 seconds to get to watching the actual content on the screen which is way to long for my taste.

Any opinions about this?

Wow......are you serious? lol

I might end up being the only person that responds to this thread, but uhhh....... either take the tv back or maybe contact insignia?

but still though..... 10 seconds?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-13-2016, 11:01 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
50" - NS 50D420NA16 - Annoying Insignia "DTS" image when Power on TV every time...I hate the annoying time hogging "Insignia - DTS" image that pops up when the TV turns on. Is there a way to bypass the loading of the image or turn it off.

Any opinions about this?
I have a 24" Insignia NA16 and mine takes over 20 seconds to boot up. There is no way to turn this off, or put the TV into Standby mode. All of my various other flat panel TVs also take several seconds to boot up and there's nothing you can do about it. It's just the way it is nowadays.

As for the Input window that pops up in the upper right corner, if i hit the EXIT key that goes out - but it doesn't shorten the boot time of the TV.

You gotta remember that like so many other electronic devices, modern flat panel TVs have flash-based computers built in so it takes time to boot up. My various MP3 players (Creative ZENs, SanDisk Clips, Philips Go-Gear, etc) also take several seconds to boot up, as do my Blu-Ray Players and Roku box and Cable Boxes etc.

Even my old 1990 Sony XBR Tube TV took several seconds to give me a picture.

-

Randy
Sony 55W800B, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Series3 & Premiere, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890, MX-780, R40, MX-450, MX-500 Remotes.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #4 of 4 Old 02-20-2016, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
lol cant wait 20 seconds, Id hate to have seen you back in the old days or VHS and cassette audio tapes.

On a high note the LG 23LX1R-V LCD TV I found in the trash (don't laugh) only takes six seconds to turn on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page