AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
- Purchased LG's TV WallMount with semi articulation out, side to side and up/down as well as 10% leveling control (very nice). Much easier to setup than the giant plasma wallmount I have.
- TruDramaMotion was a little painful until I figured out how to get picture modes setup.
- Setup the ISF Dark and Light as per parameters listed in this thread as first step settings.
- Movies and TV at night look outstanding.
- During the daytime we have a bay window that I need to find some means of muting or it reflects in 1/3rd of the screen area. Guess I should buy shades though I was hoping electric shades would be cheaper sometime soon.
- No initial issues seen watching off-angle 4k youtube or hockey or even off-angle hockey, though I believe at least one comp cycle ran before I tried hockey.
- There may be some extra blue in some of the modes. Guessing I should get the TV professionally color calibrated after it is somewhat broken in. I see that BB currently has a $100 calibration though the reviews on said GeekSquad calibration specifically call it out as worthless for OLED TV's either due to equipment or inadequate training. Anyone think the BB TV cal is worth $100?
- Played a 3d bluray. With the TV tilted down toward the couch I didn't see any obvious issues (though sounds like I should try the Disney 3d check). Standing up I see the 3d start to diverge.
- Had one issue where the TV detected no signal on HDMI after swapping from AppleTV to 4k BluRay. Off/On the TV and it came back.
- Trying to figure out how to select the HDMI ARC signal from the TV to the 7200WA for the case of using the TV's netflix/youtube etc. I believe both are plugged into the ARC capable HDMI ports (main monitor on the 7200WA and HDMI2 on the E6). Gonna go search 7200WA forums now.
- We use OTA into a Tablo'ed DVR. Using the LG web browser to view the streams is so much better than running our Ipad to AppleTV. Also the web browser on the LG is 20X more responsive and less buggy than the IOS Tablo App. Tablo is supposed to have a WebOS3 app out soon, but I'm not sure I need it.
|65e6p , 65G6P , dolby vision , OLED55C6P , OLED65E6P|