Samsung KS9k, any other TV model Purchase Online - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2016, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Samsung KS9k, any other TV model Purchase Online

Looking to buy this online today. Was set for 'joesav.com' until I read the reviews, apparently the entire company is a sham. niceelectronics.com looks similar, and abesofmaine (who are known to me) have the next best price and a smaller number of similar reviews. Anyone have experience with any of these companies? I want to order today and actually receive what I ordered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2016, 10:07 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 741
The Best Price is usually Not The Best Deal.

JoesAV has the exact same street address as East Coast TVs (a notorious Bait-and-Switch seller), and Nice and Abes are also in the same BS category. Pay strict attention to all the Negative reviews on Yelp etc as these are not faked. Sellers like this do have low prices, and you may actually end up receiving a TV, but not as the low price they listed it for.

One very common tactic used by such sellers is when you call to order the TV, they tell you that it's a "gray market model" and that "it does not have a warranty" then they'll upsell you on the USA model for more money. If you tell them that you'll take the gray market model at the low price then they end up not having it in stock. They also tell you that you have to buy shipping insurance (which is a scam) or upsell you to so-called "White Glove Delivery" (also kinda scammy).

Just stick with known reputable retailers if possible, much less risk and grief.

Randy
Sony 55W800B, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Series3 & Premiere, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890, MX-780, R40, MX-450, MX-500 Remotes.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Old 05-30-2016, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Old 06-03-2016, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by silekonn View Post
14.Clevelandplasma.com
Old 06-04-2016, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
The Best Price is usually Not The Best Deal.

JoesAV has the exact same street address as East Coast TVs (a notorious Bait-and-Switch seller), and Nice and Abes are also in the same BS category. Pay strict attention to all the Negative reviews on Yelp etc as these are not faked. Sellers like this do have low prices, and you may actually end up receiving a TV, but not as the low price they listed it for.

One very common tactic used by such sellers is when you call to order the TV, they tell you that it's a "gray market model" and that "it does not have a warranty" then they'll upsell you on the USA model for more money. If you tell them that you'll take the gray market model at the low price then they end up not having it in stock. They also tell you that you have to buy shipping insurance (which is a scam) or upsell you to so-called "White Glove Delivery" (also kinda scammy).

Just stick with known reputable retailers if possible, much less risk and grief.

Advertisement