AVS Forum banner

B6 and Darbee

600 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  wxman 
#1 ·
I just took delivery of a 65 inch B6. I have everything hooked up and the picture is great. The only issue I'm having is that I can't hook up my inputs with my darbee. I usually run my hdmi from the TV to my Darbee and then from my Darbee to my receiver. When I try that now, I get a black screen and the words 'invalid format' come up. When I run the hdmi directly from the TV to the receiver, there is no problem. I tried 2 different inputs and 2 different hdmi cords. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
You have the darbee connected properly? In other words, the av connected to the HDMI IN on the darbee, and the tv connected to the HDMI out on the darbee? I asume all your devices such as cable box, blu ray player, etc are connected to avr first? Also the darbee can not do 4K, so if you have your avr upscaling to 4K, it won't work.

#4 ·
Turn off upscaling on the avr and darbee will work because it is doing the processing prior to it being upscaled to 4K by the tv. However, if you have a UHD blu ray player connected to avr, you will now have to connect it directly to the tv, as darbee will not work with the UHD player.

#5 ·
I tried turning off the upscaling on the AVR . I changed it to 1080p. I still can't get a signal though. I know I have it hooked up right because I used it for 3 years with my plasma tv . It's frustrating because I notice a nice picture improvement when I use the Darbee

#9 ·
Matt: I have taken the Darbee out of the equation for now. What I'm saying is that when I attempt to play A Blu Ray disc ( no Darbee involved) , that I am getting an 'invalid format' message on the screen.
I was able to go straight from the TV to the Blu Ray player with no issue, but when I run it through my receiver ( Marantz NR 1606) I get the message. I guess that means the issue is with the AVR but I really don't know

#10 ·
The setup I listed works for me to my Samsung LED.Since I dont have an OLED I cant help much.Check output settings on the Oppo 83.To me it definitely must be your AVR.Im using a Yamaha AVR and I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.