SONY to debut consumer OLEDs @CES 2017 - Page 48 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1133Likes

post #1411 of 1616 Old 01-09-2017, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownuser200 View Post
well funny you should mention that if its a conjoined house the meeting wells need to be double studded 2 x 6s with inslattion and 2 layers of drywall on each side of the conjoining homes as per fire regulations giving you a one hour MIN Burn time before it reaches the other side

AGAIN you guys are at the point of arguing about a product that doesnt exist and B its opitcial there is no power going threw it. I never said optical with inwall power. i just said optical between the av box and the tv. Thats jesus claim down its ok. reallly
Quote:
8mile13 View Post
What if there is a house attached to your house? That is how many people live. When you wall mount a TV on the prefered wall in lots of such houses the neighbors can hear every word/sound of your TV. So in lots of cases it is just not practical to wall mount your TV.

Quote:
unknownuser200
well funny you should mention that if its a conjoined house the meeting wells need to be double studded 2 x 6s with inslattion and 2 layers of drywall on each side of the conjoining homes as per fire regulations giving you a one hour MIN Burn time before it reaches the other side

AGAIN you guys are at the point of arguing about a product that doesnt exist and B its opitcial there is no power going threw it. I never said optical with inwall power. i just said optical between the av box and the tv. Thats jesus claim down its ok. reallly
too fuuny but some legitimate points on both sides of the argument also and note that any condo or really nice ,renovated and in a nice gentrified area brownstone or Victorian or bungalow with conjoined or too close walls re : the city out here for the Victorians will maybe have plausible sound insulation that all that imply's and the Bungalow ,Victorian and brownstone plaster and lath walls do all that very well more than some folks can possibly imagine and then some anyway ,trust me I lived in all of those , nice ones too .

I owned a gentrified craftsman trimmed ,nice hardwood floor and tile kitchen counter and bath floors and bath wainscoting ,& shower w/ a re finisherd old school cast iron tub & shower and 1954 renovated Wedgwood gas 2 oven range and griddle in a 1922 California bungalow like that in the hills in Berkeley Calif worth a small fortune and more now . Nice house with modern HVAC ,electrical and so on.

This house is an elaborate 1946 recently renovated -updated custom California rancher with another 2 bdrm /sun room /storage /separate workshop out back on one acre and built far better than any stud and drywall suburban tract homes I owned and or remolded end to end while I had them ,

trust me *real remodel is when you find out how a home is built if it doeesent fall down first

Modern stud and drywall is the lowest common denominator residential wall denominator anyway no matter how you texture it but plaster cracks and it happens in any plaster and lath home but usually not hard to keep after below a high ceiling . .

I have friends with modern upscale condos including skyscraper condos that are plausibly built nice fixtures ,trimmed and sound insulated but an external decoding 5.1 /7.1 would be on in here like it is now for the TV

http://www.antiquegasstoves.com/imag...tlightsoff.gif

Last edited by synccoil; 01-09-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1616 Old 01-10-2017, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3015 Post(s)
Liked: 3211
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownuser200 View Post
a tv with an external box doesnt by sony in the a1e series doesnt exist not the tv itself.
Who says for 100% for sure the TV will exist? That's what I am saying. You know how many products have been shown at CES and never come out. Panasonic has shown OLED for 5 years, not one unit has hit the US market. Samsung produced OLED for one month, then closed there OLED plant........ With all this said I hope Sony makes an OLED as we are a Sony dealer Products do change to, who knows what adjustments may be made before unit hits production including the whole stand idea.
brickyardz, Reddig and synccoil like this.

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 01-10-2017 at 11:34 AM.
post #1413 of 1616 Old 01-10-2017, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1559 Post(s)
Liked: 1405
Sorry if this has already been posted:

Hands On With The Sony A1 OLED TVs: Show Stoppers

post #1414 of 1616 Old 01-10-2017, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 3240 Post(s)
Liked: 2782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Who says for 100% for sure the TV will exist? That's what I am saying. You know how many products have been shown at CES and never come out. Panasonic has shown OLED for 5 years, not one unit has hit the US market. Samsung produced OLED for one month, then closed there OLED plant........ With all this said I hope Sony makes an OLED as we are a Sony dealer Products do change to, who knows what adjustments may be made before unit hits production including the whole stand idea.
As for Panasonic, they also released a souped up FALD last year in the EU that never came to the US. They haven't brought *any* flagships here since they divested of plasma, and I'm going to predict right now that they never will.

Samsung's RGB OLED woes are also easily explained. What works for phones does not easily scale for TVs using the RGB patterning method, not without pricing the ensuing product into the stratosphere. As soon as Samjunk admitted this fact, they had their marketing gurus turn on the FUD while they tried to polish the LCD turd for the next 4 years (and counting) and create more FUD about LG's tech.

Sony actively brings out flagships every year! Out of these three entities, they are the most likely to live up to releasing an OLED this year. Here are the two reasons why: They have no qualms with doing business with LG (unlike Samsung), and they continue to bring their best display products to the US market year in and year out. If they don't release these TVs domestically in at least smallish numbers, I'll eat my shoe. Also, if they don't, it will tell me their fiscal situation is much worse than we've been led to believe.
fatuglyguy likes this.
post #1415 of 1616 Old 01-10-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by synccoil View Post
If true ,be that as it may note the Plasma TV makers and everybody and some folks here at AVS said all that about late model Plasma TV and it is wholly untrue, they can burn
Quote:
video_analysis
OK, *some* people did make such plasma claims (I was not one), but I implore you to find a single owner who has suffered burn-in on the 2015 or 2016 models. This points to the rarity and the difficulty in making it happen.
My bad but I would have bought it for where it is anyway and its still good here .

Quote:
The OLED constipation <sic> cycle thing begs for an argument for me not to buy an OLED for *my uses or wall mount up a 40" 50" LCD panel in here aside from a new OLED on the vesa mount for the Sony X850C in here and use the LCD for the business >static image use duty cycle and use an OLED for the casual content and eye candy stuff .

[
Quote:
B]video_analysis
[/B]I have no qualms with that...in fact, news feeds and stock tickers seems like a waste of an OLED.
Quote:[/quote]

right and the talking heads too but maybe not the usual hot babes so much

What if they come out with a wholly better OLED or something pixel emmissive or sub pixcel emmissive or molecular emmissive in 2018 or 2019 and so on ,they always come out with something better maybe just not year by year.

[
Quote:
B]video_analysis
Sure, but a demonstration will be needed before something like that has any hopes of being commercialized. I had been waiting for zero blacks ever since experiencing the Kuro, so I jumped on the first generation WOLED in 2014 since it was the first to fall from the stratosphere. Three years later, and with it only having seen further refinement, the only tech on the distant horizon that has an ice water in hell's chance of competing is bonafide QLED.
if you mean OLED then yes .......OTOH I dont know much about the new Samsung megawatt back light LCD DCI color monster

[/B]

Quote:
PS my today new Windows 10 test build > winver 1607 OS build 15002 .rs pre release on this SSD is scalded dog fast
I've also got Win10 on an SSD...but it's not a new installation, and with all my open tabs across multiple browsers, it's not as fast as it once was.

Quote:
I've also got Win10 on an SSD...but it's not a new installation, and with all my open tabs across multiple browsers, it's not as fast as it once was.
14393rs au window 10 is still the premier garbage collector

I re install these test Beta sometime twice a week or once a month depends when they come in on the fast ring radio ( WI FI ) its only a painless 10 minute new build upgrade install here now that oddly enough works as well as a regular clean install now even after you run over 5 Winbeta's up to it

they removed the new build WU download ESD from the $WINDOWS ~.BT sources hidden folder on c:\ and its not the same thing now so we cant copy it out of the hidden win BT file folder to make install media for external media clean installs any more anyway on these win beta .

,this PC and SSD dual boots with normally activated OEM (2016 core i5 PC ) windows14393.rs au on the too slow spin drive .

Last edited by synccoil; 01-10-2017 at 09:34 PM.
post #1416 of 1616 Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1748 Post(s)
Liked: 1022
Philip Jones, product technology manager at Sony Electronics. Here the sales technique train-the-trainer demo's how to sell a TV..

post #1417 of 1616 Old 01-11-2017, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Uhmmm..."able to purchase from retailers this year" doesn't sound anytime soon. The tilt doesn't look so bad on the video.

I was so happy without HDR...
post #1418 of 1616 Old 01-11-2017, 01:57 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 6406 Post(s)
Liked: 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post
............ The tilt doesn't look so bad on the video.
I was thinking just the opposite.
synccoil likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1419 of 1616 Old 01-11-2017, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Yeah, I'm with Aaron on this one, the tilt in the video looks worse than I originally thought.

LG OLED65C6P ISF Calibrated by David Abrams @ Avical
Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo UDP-203
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
post #1420 of 1616 Old 01-11-2017, 07:26 PM

2016 numbers look like I can have something like a Sony or LG OLED or megawatt Sony LCD or the new megawatt Samung QLED from the pocket lint outta the 2016 numbers, all that was better than I expected also tax implication wise.

Preliminary Delima may be OLED and an 4K SDR LCD in here for emmission screen burning day business /news TV use or just a new megawatt LCD for all that and my hires eye candy media drive and other source ent. TV content , IPTV up to HDR , media drives and so on

Cant see how the 2015 55" Sony X850C and another 55"-65" panel can be in the proximity I need .

A second 40-42" LCD is plausible and so is another hires but maybe widescreen PC monitor up scaling 1080i or native D*TV like this X850C out with an alternate audio path for external decoding which I would use anyway just on another Sony ES AVR S/PDI in.

Need to at least view anything to buy in the stores a few times after reading the usual TV set rubbish on the web .

Recently firmware upgraded (2 updates ) to plausible HDR Sony XBR X850C ain't no slouch anyway it's just not the best of the best brands.

Anythings going to be on walls like this one even when I replace the 6 yr old modest not expensive staples type executive type office furnishings in here soon for something that doesn't bore me ,and a new top grain leather executive high back chair .probably expensive and all much better than what I have now and maybe another configuration.

No silly tilting TV or ghetto table top stands in here but some of the *better elevated vesa mount TV stands with the better furniture arrangements below it don't look bad but thats not what I'm looking for .

humanoid robot

Last edited by synccoil; 01-12-2017 at 04:55 PM.
post #1421 of 1616 Old 01-11-2017, 07:37 PM
vld
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 51
In my case, any non-adjustable tilt is not preferred, especially a tilt that could reflect from above with a ceiling fan on a vaulted ceiling fan!

This display would have to be wall mounted for my installation.
synccoil likes this.
post #1422 of 1616 Old 01-11-2017, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 29
post #1423 of 1616 Old 01-11-2017, 09:41 PM

RE: Sony OLED ,
Quote:
Who says for 100% for sure the TV will exist?

Right the auto makers either don't make the prototype road show bling mules or wholly change and de-content them to pedestrian rubbish by comparison to the road show bling .

Quote:
video_analysis As for Panasonic, they also released a souped up FALD last year in the EU that never came to the US. They haven't brought *any* flagships here since they divested of plasma, and I'm going to predict right now that they never will.
I read they are mulling that around and US regulatory requirements should still be in thier wheel house but all the other stuff costs money too and everyone got ther beaks open just to get the product on the US shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis
Samsung's RGB OLED woes are also easily explained.
Yea maybe besides the wrong large panel OLED tech to be affordable they cheap and never managed an affordable OLED large TV panel or a non flammable range topping phone debut lately anyway ,

More on affordable OLED TV Panels ,neither can Sony the Sony Pro Studio |Sony Trimaster 55" With the Sony RGB OLED panels cost more than a well optioned new automobile

Quote:
video_analysis
Sony actively brings out flagships every year! If they don't release these TVs domestically in at least smallish numbers, I'll eat my shoe.

In 2013-2014 Sony made a lot of rubbish end to end not up to the usual Sony Bravia or XBR standards I think one or more of the $$$ range topper TV's and more had LGD IPS panels .

You cant make good LCD minimum black levels with processing or IPS FALD | black LCD is wholly not an additive LCD panel color it is absence of light on an LCD panel or maybe you need a billion FALD dimming LED to do good black on all that [B]

I had a 2013 6 to 8 bit +frc rubbish dither panel Sony Bravia TV that couldn't make accurate color or get bright .

This decent Sony XBR X850C HDR replaced it in here after 13 mo,

Should have known better to slum it with a cheap Bravia 1080p I always buy XBR and Sony ES anyway but IPS panel Sony XBR ain't my thing either \

Better 2013 -2004 Sony were panels defect ridden and otherwise over priced rubbish IMO compared to 2015 product and thats just the product comparison

Quote:
video_analysis RE: Panasonic range topping TV in US "I'm going to predict right now that they never will".:
I read they are mulling that around and US regulatory requirements should be in thier wheel house but all the other stuff costs money too and everyone got ther beaks open just to get the product on the US shelf

Quote:
video_analysis Sony actively brings out flagships every year!
Also, if they don't, it will tell me their fiscal situation is much worse than we've been led to believe
Sony TV is not a Sony inc (SNE) division anymore its a restructured much better managed and much more nimble to the market demands Sony inc,owned Sony TV subsidiary now on a significant upward trend from 2014 financially and product wise also re: my 2015 XBR X850C (now finally HDR) and so on

OTOH that may be a logical assumption

Sony milked out out that unimpressive Sony W900B monstrosity for well over two years if I remember correctly I looked at that monstrosity and walked out with a much better Samsung 1080p 64f8500 plasma, they replaced it with the 4K another dumbo eared X900B monstrosity that will never see HDR so its worthless as range topping product now like it was then anyway or anything I would buy then or now for that money and my 648500 takes it to school anyway and probably my HDR X850C now can do that schooling the 2014, Sony 4K dumbo ears too vis a vis new HDR firmware .

humanoid robot

Last edited by synccoil; 01-12-2017 at 04:56 PM.
post #1424 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 08:20 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 6406 Post(s)
Liked: 3961
Quote:

Right the auto makers either don't make the prototype road show bling mules or wholly change and de-content them to pedestrian rubbish by comparison to the road show bling .

In 2013-2014 Sony made a lot of rubbish end to end

There it is. You had two prior posts without saying "Rubbish".
Which seemed unusual.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 01-12-2017 at 08:23 AM.
post #1425 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3015 Post(s)
Liked: 3211
Just this holiday season LG sold out of almost all OLED's. Very close.....lol. I wonder if they even have the capabilities to supply Sony with no shortages thru the whole year.
post #1426 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:

I read they are mulling that around and US regulatory requirements should still be in thier wheel house but all the other stuff costs money too and everyone got ther beaks open just to get the product on the US shelf

Yea maybe besides the wrong large panel OLED tech to be affordable they cheap and never managed an affordable OLED large TV panel or a non flammable range topping phone debut lately anyway ,

More on affordable OLED TV Panels ,neither can Sony the Sony Pro Studio |Sony Trimaster 55" With the Sony RGB OLED panels cost more than a well optioned new automobile

In 2013-2014 Sony made a lot of rubbish end to end not up to the usual Sony Bravia or XBR standards I think one or more of the $$$ range topper TV's and more had LGD IPS panels .

You cant make good LCD minimum black levels with processing or IPS FALD | black LCD is wholly not an additive LCD panel color it is absence of light on an LCD panel or maybe you need a billion FALD dimming LED to do good black on all that [B]

I had a 2013 6 to 8 bit +frc rubbish dither panel Sony Bravia TV that couldn't make accurate color or get bright .

This decent Sony XBR X850C HDR replaced it in here after 13 mo,

Should have known better to slum it with a cheap Bravia 1080p I always buy XBR and Sony ES anyway but IPS panel Sony XBR ain't my thing either \

Better 2013 -2004 Sony were panels defect ridden and otherwise over priced rubbish IMO compared to 2015 product and thats just the product comparison

I read they are mulling that around and US regulatory requirements should be in thier wheel house but all the other stuff costs money too and everyone got ther beaks open just to get the product on the US shelf

Sony TV is not a Sony inc (SNE) division anymore its a restructured much better managed and much more nimble to the market demands Sony inc,owned Sony TV subsidiary now on a significant upward trend from 2014 financially and product wise also re: my 2015 XBR X850C (now finally HDR) and so on

OTOH that may be a logical assumption

Sony milked out out that unimpressive Sony W900B monstrosity for well over two years if I remember correctly I looked at that monstrosity and walked out with a much better Samsung 1080p 64f8500 plasma, they replaced it with the 4K another dumbo eared X900B monstrosity that will never see HDR so its worthless as range topping product now like it was then anyway or anything I would buy then or now for that money and my 648500 takes it to school anyway and probably my HDR X850C now too vis a vis new HDR firmware .

ffs why do your posts need to be so long??
post #1427 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
If the 2999,- Euros for the 65incher will turn out true, I wonder, what Sony will charge for the 77 inch model?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
post #1428 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGEN View Post
Dude is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Weasley View Post
I'd settle for less bold and blue text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
That's crazy talk obviously but at that price I'd take 3.
George Weasley likes this.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #1429 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3037
Quote:
Just this holiday season LG sold out of almost all OLED's. Very close.....lol. I wonder if they even have the capabilities to supply Sony with no shortages thru the whole year.
They apparently only have a quota of 100,000 for 2017.

LG Display has stated they plan to manufacture 1.7M OLED panels this year, so Sony's allocation is less than 6% of LGDs 2017 production.

Shouldn't be a problem...
post #1430 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
There it is. You had two prior posts without saying "Rubbish".
Which seemed unusual.
This could be temporary language enjoy it while you can

That's only because I wasn't talking about the rubbish 2013 1080p Somy Bravia I still own (but not in here anymore ) and 2013 -2014 Sony XBR overpriced in 2014 rubbish and the other brands rubbish which my Sony XBR - X850C ,maybe Sony X850D and surely X930D and up & big dog Pioneer are NOT

Speaking of Pioneer maybe if that range topping dual LCD cell aka = (+ dedicated LCD cell) to block light passing for deep absence of light LCD blacks maybe at the pixel level might be with a megawatt back light a significant LCD breakthrough once they shake the variables out .

I read it has the lowest LCD blacks on the planet anyway

humanoid robot

Last edited by synccoil; 01-12-2017 at 04:52 PM.
post #1431 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
They apparently only have a quota of 100,000 for 2017.

LG Display has stated they plan to manufacture 1.7M OLED panels this year, so Sony's allocation is less than 6% of LGDs 2017 production.

Shouldn't be a problem...
A Sony rep at CES mentioned they will try their best to launch the OLEDs before year end. I understand this as not having the sets available at the dealers before September 2017. With 100000 units for 2017, they will have 3 months to unload it, not the full year. Perhaps Chris from Cleveland can give-us a better estimate.

I was so happy without HDR...
post #1432 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Liked: 2443
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post
Philip Jones, product technology manager at Sony Electronics. Here the sales technique train-the-trainer demo's how to sell a TV..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o877v-BPMwE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGEN View Post

Really?

what is so impresive about the logo? The logo on LG oled is as small
as the Sony.
post #1433 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

[QUOTE=losservatore;49826897]Really?

what is so impresive about the logo? The logo on LG oled is as small
as the Sony.[/QUOTE
What are you talking about? Really..what?
post #1434 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What are you talking about? Really..what?

Watch the videos and listen to what they say about the logo.

If the logo still there then what is so special about it?

Philip even went further ,He say we didn't even put a logo on it.

Last edited by losservatore; 01-12-2017 at 01:27 PM.
post #1435 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
George Weasley
If you don't read them you wont care but I may get carried away with bold and blue for emphasis that is true , ,if I shorten them you may be happy but don't count on it depending on subject (especially if it is technical and I think I might know something even if I don't like usual compared to some of these folks .

PS if the rest of this informative post is too long ,I don't know what to tell ya that how it be sometimes

OR *if I get an 2017 LG or Sony OLED ,Z9D NIT Monster FALD or Samsung megawatt QLED with my 2016 market profit pocket lint money when they come out

Quote:
MUGEN
Dude is funny.
YT link removed

re : YT video link above

Right he can be a crack up , Linus ain't stupid either been subscribed to his YT channel for the PC get down for about a year now .

Just cast the linked video from this PC to my Sony 55X850C up on the wall in here nexzt <sic> to my PC desk .

TV has built in chromcast (crapcast *when it loads ) ,it's faster than switching to the PC Sony TV HDMI 1 > TV input and dragging the web browser window over if I want to watch a quick get down from the PC on the TV> in that and its faster than loading Android You Tube business in the TV and camping on that for the You Tube get down in the TV .

When you cast off the Crapcast web page or video get down it returns to what the TV was doing or does it on its own if you don't select some other web page ,video get down or rubbish to cast .

A HDMI Google cast dongle is pocket lint money and if you work or geek mindlessly (both) on the PC Like I do during the day next to the TV thats on its all good for moving something 2 click quick to the TV and resuming by default what the TV was doing before when you are done .

I'm not sure outside of TV Android Sony TV built in Google cast >>>> about that resume TV default with the Pocket lint money Chromcast /Google cast HDMI dongles .

Wonder what You Tube solid red looks like on a Sony OLED if they ever break out of road show bling to retail shelves.

This WCG Triliminous Sony X850C is the only LCD around here or *other TV's not above 8 bit limit LCD/LED * that can make decent saturated primary colors (other colors) or Coca Cola and Fire engine Red like a Plasma or OLED .

CCFL/ LCD panels did all that better than 8 bit limit LED panel anyway .

4K SDR 8 bit limit LED/LCD panels are yesterdays or budget play news but at 4K SDR with the usual 2160p + chroma bit and related upscaling factors over 1080p 8 bit limeted they can still be *quite improved OK (more color volume ) and not a bad play at all for many folks anyway .

Quote:
anthonymoody
Maybe all that get down should be a one word emphasis thing with the blue and maybe not some much bold all that may be rude beyond that anyway .

humanoid robot

Last edited by synccoil; 01-12-2017 at 04:53 PM.
post #1436 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post
Watch the videos and listen to what they say about the logo.
Its kind of weird. Reviewers and even Sony folks saying there is a sony logo/there is no sony logo. Its that tiny

Philip Jones 1:08 ''we did not even put a logo on it'' One of his responsibilities at Sony is Product Information.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/philip-jones-333ab83

losservatore likes this.
post #1437 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Its kind of weird. Reviewers and even Sony folks saying there is a sony logo/there is no sony logo. Its that tiny

Philip Jones 1:08 ''we did not even put a logo on it'' One of his responsibilities at Sony is Product Information.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/philip-jones-333ab83

I like the display but I don't like when people use all this marketing talk ,even when I go to best buy I walk away when they come with exagerations.

still think that Samsung is the king of exagerations.
post #1438 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post
A Sony rep at CES mentioned they will try their best to launch the OLEDs before year end. I understand this as not having the sets available at the dealers before September 2017. With 100000 units for 2017, they will have 3 months to unload it, not the full year. Perhaps Chris from Cleveland can give-us a better estimate.
Yeah, who knows what this ends up meaning.

One possibility is that Sony is getting 100,000 OLED panels throughout the fiscal year, many possibly getting stored in inventory prior to launch.

Another possibility is that the 100,000 is for a 12-month period starting later this year - that would undoubtedly mean fewer than 100,000 available by the Holidays...

In any case, it's pretty certain that Sony will have at most 100,000 OLED TVs to sell in 2017 .
post #1439 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
8mile13

MY Somy XBR X850C has the usual Sony Logo on the thicker of 4 Bottom satin black precision fit and finish maybe metal bezels above the 1951 "Day the Earth Stood Still" Sci Fi flick Gort Ray Humanoid robot light below it .

It has extremely ,tiny gold tone Bravia and XBR logo's on two ends of the much thinner top bezel .

humanoid robot

Last edited by synccoil; 01-12-2017 at 04:51 PM.
post #1440 of 1616 Old 01-12-2017, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Yeah, who knows what this ends up meaning.

One possibility is that Sony is getting 100,000 OLED panels throughout the fiscal year, many possibly getting stored in inventory prior to launch.

Another possibility is that the 100,000 is for a 12-month period starting later this year - that would undoubtedly mean fewer than 100,000 available by the Holidays...

In any case, it's pretty certain that Sony will have at most 100,000 OLED TVs to sell in 2017 .
Phillip Jones also mentioned last year that the 940D would have Android 6.0, still waiting!
Wonder if the sets that they showed were a prototype or an actual production model?

SonyXBR75X940D #1 RIP due to power surge!
#2 940D is a dead! Bad panel! Screwed over by extended warranty company!
Next Z9D or A1E???
BDI Corridor 8179
Sony PS4 Pro
Nvidia Shield (2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page