AVS Forum banner

Screen size and viewing distance what should I do?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Azreil24 
#1 ·
I am wanting to upgrade my TV this year I currently have a LG eg9100 in 55" I'm looking to get one of the new 2017 LG OLED TVs I'm just torn on if I stick to 55" or jump up to 65", I'm about 8 or 81/2 feet from the screen that seems huge to me but from what I've read it seems a lot of people are sitting even closer then that. In a thread on her a guy mentioned he went from a 50" plasma to a 65" OLED with a viewing distance of 6'6" and he and his wife love it. Here's a picture of my current setup and again just looking for some opinions thanks all

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
From that viewing distance the 65" would certainly be damned cool. And whenever I buy a new TV I always try to add some inches. :) So, go for the 65". Its a LOT more viewing area than the 55". You'll love it.

Reactions: hingerson
#3 ·
Definitely 65". Wanted one too, but couldn't get any good deals. The best deal I got was 3.100 dollars for a 65" C6. Wish we would get good deals as in US, but sadly no, as here what I payed for the 55" in the US you pay for the 65" :(

Reactions: hingerson
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.