AVS Forum banner

Proud new b6 65" owner :)

637 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Superman23 
#1 ·
So I have been following the 2016 line up since CES 2016 because I thought this might be my chance to get a top notch set. I have. been lurking on AVS Forums for over 8 years on various subjects. This has been about 4 years in the making, and it all happened last night.

Backstory: I have always considered myself a videophile and have ALWAYS found flaws or gripes about any given tv's PQ. Not any tv is perfect but I am somewhat of a black levels snob so 4 years ago I was getting ready to pull the trigger on what would eventually become the LAST line of Panasonic plasmas, not the Z series but a plasma all the same. I ended up waiting too long for price drops and they all sold out.. The. Panasonic announced that was it for plasma and OLED was the future, and prices soared for used plasmas. Needless to say I was devastated. I jumped on a FALD Vizio 2 years ago cause it was in my price range and it was backlit. The ultimate goal remained though.. OLED

So after years of waiting, months of research and dreaming, last night I finally pulled the trigger and it's still early but I could not be more impressed!! From a self described "Black Level Snob" this set blew my mind last night! It turned on without me noticing somehow and as I was putting the finishing touches on the mounting position, a lone firework exploded on its screen saver mode.. I was floored!! I was sure it was off and all of a sudden a vibrant explosion of light and color came through the pure black screen.. I screamed so loud out of pure joy! Needless to say the following 3 hours of PS4 Pro gaming, watching certain scenes on blu ray, and checking out Netflix UHD content, this is the greatest tv I have ever laid eyes on! I am SO satisfied with my purchase and can't wait to keep playing with it and tweaking the settings.

More info and pictures to come!!

I want to thank EVERYONE in the AVS community that helped with my questions.

See less See more
#3 ·
I pulled the trigger on a B6 Saturday night as well! I've spent the last day and a half setting everything up / tweaking and from what I've seen it truly is stunning. Especially the 4K content on Netflix and also Tomb Raider on my PS4 Pro. Cant wait to sit down and enjoy a Star Wars movie.

#4 ·
Awesome. I promised myself once I pick up an OLED once LG releases the 2017's I would NOT run slides just to check for flaws. Every TV/monitor I've ever bought had me checking it inch by inch for problems. This time I'm going to sit back and enjoy. If I can't see it while watching the thing as intended, I'm not worrying about it.

#6 ·
Same place as OP. Much appreciation as always to the forum members who tirelessly offer advice and share their experiences.

While its not perfect I had a great feel for the tradeoffs going in and am happy to report the biggest problem by far is finding quality content :) The picture is stunning when the content/source is capable.

#9 ·
My wife and I were watching Downton Abbey on Amazon last night (we were late to this series). Considering this was 'just' streaming HD on Amazon, we were floored by the PQ on our 65" B6. The series was beautifully filmed and the care in its production is obvious.

Although I've had the B6 for quite some time now, the PQ still amazes me. :)

#11 ·
Congrats to the new owners. Ain't it great? Just keep devouring content and marvel at the simply awesome PQ. Just when I thought I'd never find a suitable replacement for my KURO. Now, I have forgotten all about it.

Pioneer who? :)

#12 ·
Congrats to the new owners. Ain't it great? Just keep devouring content and marvel at the simply awesome PQ. Just when I thought I'd never find a suitable replacement for my KURO. Now, I have forgotten all about it.

Pioneer who?
Exactly! I felt that way about my Panasonic ZT60! But now I can finally enjoy the holy Grail! Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.