2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 212 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36408Likes

post #6331 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
Sweet answer, thank you. I'm still on firmware 03.51.30 out of the box. I'm not sure which firmware is the one that broke the HDR mode. Should I be console gaming in PC mode on the C7? I feel like color accuracy in video games is subjective and brightness, gamma and shadow details are more important to me above all else. If I rename the input to PC will I have to change it back when watching a UHD bluray on the Xbox 1s or will my current firmware be fine for UHD HDR bluray playback?
I can't remember what firmware I was at before updating. But I can say that by updating to the latest update as of July 31, 2017, it broke PC Input HDR as well as the YouTube app's HDR no matter what. However, it was still worth it because before the update, my Blu-ray player (Sony UBP-X800) was dropping video at random. Updating fixed that.

Frankly, it's all subjective, one could watch in Vivid mode if they prefer (bleck!). But I always prioritize calibrating to as close to reference quality as possible because the bottom line is that movies and games and photos are all shot and graded to look a certain way. There are objectively compelling reasons to stick to a display calibrated to a certain standards demands in as dark an environment as comfortably possible.

While video games don't seem to adhere to as strict of color standard as cinema and photos, they are generally created using assets that were produced under video standards. Video games will benefit from a display calibrated for accurate cinema viewing in a dark environment. A good example is Quantum Break, which uses very well shot and highly produced live action cinematics in between gameplay. That footage adheres to video standards and the gameplay colors and looks benefit just as much from being calibrated to those standards.Although it may take as much as a few weeks to get used to if one is used to very blue, too bright uncalibrated images, like phones or out of the box PC monitors.

Personally, I calibrate to 120 nits for a dark room (OLED light 28), 0 V and H sharpness for no added sharpness, Warm 2 with minor RGB high color tmep adjustments (-6, 0, -8), and gamma Bt. 1886 to "mimic" CRT behavior.

Gamma, I want to stress has become a fairly confusing setting. I've always calibrated my IPS PC monitors for photo and video editing, gaming, and movie watching to 2.2, but with OLEDs, it seems ideal to go for Bt. 1886 which is like but not exactly 2.4. Here's the source that leads me to think Bt. 1886 for these OLEDs is ideal: http://www.spectracal.com/Documents/...rs/BT.1886.pdf

With your firmware, you should be fine to use PC Input and an ISF dark or Bright preset across the board. I'm tempted to say that for videogames it may be worth creating a preset calibrated to 2.2 gamma.

Here are some good test patterns that anyone can use to calibrate their set with basic settings by eye: http://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/
Go to products and choose whichever option will be most convenient for you. There are SDR and HDR10 patterns. You can put the files on the device you intend to watch content through to ensure the intended calibration maintains across devices when using the same settings. For instance, sometimes PC video cards have different settings from say a BluRay player that can dramatically change how a calibration affects the image.

Using the SDR patterns off a USB drive on the TV, I have found that contrast at 85 is best for no clipping and that brightness of 50 is best because any higher brightness raises all other levels more than it reduces the slight crush at just above 0 black level 17.

The HDR patterns are cool because you can see just how low on the totem pole of HDR brightness all TVs are -- even the brightest 1400 nit LCDs. 2017 OLEDs hit, at best, around 700 nits which is a small fraction (less than 1/4th) of where HDR is headed in the near future. For reference, a clear sunny day iin ambient light, equates to about 30,000 nits.
dbburns, ataneruo and Vixzer like this.

Displays: LG 65" C7 | LG 34UM95 | LG 27UD88 | Asus VG248QE 144Hz | DELL S2240m
Sound: Yamaha HS7's | Onkyo TX-NR 646 5.1.2
Custom PC: i7-3930k, GTX 1080Ti, Cosmos 2 tower
Blu-ray Player: Sony UBP-X800

Last edited by JustaPlacebo; 08-01-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6332 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm new to this thread and I'm considering buying an OLED TV. In the event that LG stops updating the TV, is there a way to treat the TV like a dumb display by disabling WebOS? If I were to connect an Apple TV or a Xbox One S, is there a way to bypass the WebOS interface?

How is the performance of WebOS? Is it fast and smooth? If not, is there a way to disable certain graphic effect to speed up the responsiveness of the OS?
post #6333 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
I'm new to this thread and I'm considering buying an OLED TV. In the event that LG stops updating the TV, is there a way to treat the TV like a dumb display by disabling WebOS? If I were to connect an Apple TV or a Xbox One S, is there a way to bypass the WebOS interface?

How is the performance of WebOS? Is it fast and smooth? If not, is there a way to disable certain graphic effect to speed up the responsiveness of the OS?
WebOS is actually supper snappy. The tv remote has a Netflix and Amazon button which instantly opens up both apps. You would want to use the Netflix app on the LG because it has Dolby vision while HDR still does not work correctly on the Xbox 1s. You can check the Xbox home theatre forum for more on that subject. You can use the OLED strictly as a display only if you like and webOS is not required at all. I only use webOS for Netflix and Amazon while my Xbox 1s, appletv, roku and PS4pro is for HBO and everything else I stream. The webOS has some other features and shortcuts built into it. You can watch a YouTube video on the webOS, it's features and how it works.

Last edited by FromPlasma2LCD; 08-01-2017 at 01:39 AM.

post #6334 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex-Arc View Post
I have a content recommendation, if such a thing is acceptable here. Cosmos Laundromat, a quick 12 minute animated short on Netflix, is by far the most impressive thing I've watched in Dolby Vision on my recently calibrated C7. If you haven't watched it, do. It's quite spectacular!
It isn't available in Canada.
lsorensen likes this.
post #6335 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the 2017 OLED YouTube App support HDR? I tried playing a few different clips last night that claimed HDR and didn't see the TV react to a DV or HDR picture mode. I've read the 2016 model has issues with HDR YouTube videos because the encoding isn't supported. Is it supposed to be working on the 2017 model? I have a 65C7P.

HDR via Amazon app and DV from Netflix both work fine (and look incredible).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Defending Lazy.
post #6336 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all

Quick question...

Does anybody else find the C7 (long straight silver stand) a bit wobbly? I realise that it's only connected by a small section at the back with 4 screws but when the table is knocked or the panel in nudged from the top it wobbles a bit, the panel, not the stand. Any ideas?

I notice if u look under the tv where the stand fits I have a small gap between the bottom of the back panel and the actual plate top of the stand I wonder if that should be sitting flush on that.

Can someone please check if they have the same?

Thank you
post #6337 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdubU View Post
Hi all

Quick question...

Does anybody else find the C7 (long straight silver stand) a bit wobbly? I realise that it's only connected by a small section at the back with 4 screws but when the table is knocked or the panel in nudged from the top it wobbles a bit, the panel, not the stand. Any ideas?

I notice if u look under the tv where the stand fits I have a small gap between the bottom of the back panel and the actual plate top of the stand I wonder if that should be sitting flush on that.

Can someone please check if they have the same?

Thank you
I think it's designed to have a bit of flex on purpose. If it was totally rigid it'd be much more likely to fall over that just wobble a bit.

Defending Lazy.
post #6338 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraster View Post
Does the 2017 OLED YouTube App support HDR? I tried playing a few different clips last night that claimed HDR and didn't see the TV react to a DV or HDR picture mode. I've read the 2016 model has issues with HDR YouTube videos because the encoding isn't supported. Is it supposed to be working on the 2017 model? I have a 65C7P.

The 2017 OLED YouTube App does support HDR, HOWEVER the lastest firmware update screwed up HDR via the app so now all the colors are faded and washed out. I still get the HDR message box that pops up in the upper right corner but the colors are horrible.

Did you update to the latest firmware? If you still have 03.51.30, you should be fine. Otherwise, no. The fact that you are not seeing the HDR message seems like another issue all together. You should still see the box pop up even though the picture looks like crap.

LG 65C7P
OPPO 203

Last edited by PlasmaHiDef; 08-01-2017 at 05:07 AM.
post #6339 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

The LG YouTube app does indeed support HDR. I've seen lots of videos that claim to be HDR but aren't.
My suggestion is to look up "The HDR Channel" on YouTube. There you will find legit HDR content. However if your TV is on firmware version 3.60.09 (current release in most countries), be advised that YouTube HDR is broken. It will work, but the colour of each video will look quite washed-out.

LG OLED65E7P / Yamaha RX-A3060 / Oppo UDP-203
post #6340 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post
The 2017 OLED YouTube App does support HDR, HOWEVER the lastest firmware update screwed up HDR via the app so now all the colors are faded and washed out. I still get the HDR message box that pops up in the upper right corner but the colors are horrible.

Did you update to the latest firmware? The fact that you are not seeing the HDR message seems like another issue all together. You should still see the box pop up even though the picture looks like crap.
Sounds like a lose-lose situation! I'm running 3.60.09 FW. Didn't see any HDR box pop-up when playing in the YouTube app..but do see it with the other apps.

Defending Lazy.
post #6341 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiee View Post
The LG YouTube app does indeed support HDR. I've seen lots of videos that claim to be HDR but aren't.
My suggestion is to look up "The HDR Channel" on YouTube. There you will find legit HDR content. However if your TV is on firmware version 3.60.09 (current release in most countries), be advised that YouTube HDR is broken. It will work, but the colour of each video will look quite washed-out.
Thanks I will check that out tonight. I did question the veracity of some of the content labels. I am running 3.60.09 FW.

Defending Lazy.
post #6342 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Sounds like a lose-lose situation! I'm running 3.60.09 FW. Didn't see any HDR box pop-up when playing in the YouTube app..but do see it with the other apps.

As jamiee said, check out the " The HDR Channel" in Youtube. That way you know you will be getting HDR content. As was mentioned, a lot of videos claim to be HDR when they aren't. See if you get the pop-up when watching something on that channel.

It will still look like crap lol but you should see that box.

LG 65C7P
OPPO 203

Last edited by PlasmaHiDef; 08-01-2017 at 05:19 AM.
post #6343 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
I think it's designed to have a bit of flex on purpose. If it was totally rigid it'd be much more likely to fall over that just wobble a bit.

Thanks Kraster, do u find it with yours? or does anyone else?

p.s. Im finding it impossible to upload pics for some reason, just joined...
post #6344 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdubU View Post
Thanks Kraster, do u find it with yours? or does anyone else?

p.s. Im finding it impossible to upload pics for some reason, just joined...
I think you need at least 5 posts to be able to show pics.

On my C7 the center part (as wide as the opening was) is right down on the silver base. To the left and right of that there is a very small gap between the bottom of the display and the rest of the base.

And, yes, it will wiggle if you make it wiggle by pushing the top of the display a little. It does not wiggle if you just walk past it, however.

LG OLED65C7 | Denon 2113CI | Klipsch 5.1 setup - 2 Forte - 1 R-25C - 2 R-14S
BA Sub w/Bosch amp | Sony BDP S570
post #6345 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere showing all recommended settings? Searching this thread for each and every setting yields 2016 and 2017 models (I have a 65C7) as well as slightly different terms I find when going through my settings.

This is the first TV I've had that will do HDR and DV, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. (I'm a 'gadget guy', so I enjoy learning as much as using.) So far this LG is freakin' awesome.

We use this TV as follows: 50% DirecTV, 40% streaming (Netflix & Amazon) and 10% Blue-ray (don't have a UHD player yet).

One if the things I'm a little confused by, for example, is when someone says 'Cinema Home' is their favorite setting. I don't know if they mean when watching cable, HDR or DV - and whether once set up, will the C7 auto switch to preset settings for each.
sbrentn likes this.

LG OLED65C7 | Denon 2113CI | Klipsch 5.1 setup - 2 Forte - 1 R-25C - 2 R-14S
BA Sub w/Bosch amp | Sony BDP S570
post #6346 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 8
The latest update to how the PC HDR works actually makes HDR games look the way they are supposed to look. It is a bug correction. Oversaturated colors in PC HDR games are not normal. Prior to the update the display didn't read the HDR wide color gamut by pc games correctly making games look oversaturated as if it was viewed on a standard sRGB monitor but with added high brightness effect. The update corrected that - now colors look normal in HDR format and have the high brightness effect where it is applied.
Look at shadow warrior 2 - the colors are oversaturated in non-HDR mode on a standard monitor and used to look the same on the HDR TV prior to the update. Those are 2 bugs in action. One - by game devs that made the game run only in Wide HDR color gamut mode regardless of which monitor you run it on, making colors look oversaturated on standard monitors and TVs. And the second bug - by LG that didn't make the TV read that Wide color gamut correctly, displaying the same wrong oversaturated colors as in standard mode. Now, LG corrected its own bug and the game looks normal with HDR effect on.

People are used to wrong looking HDR colors in HDR and standard modes, thinking it is some kind of game or HDR feature, but it is nothing but a bug. Game devs didn't bother making the game supporting tow different color gamuts, they made it just in one - Wide HDR color gamut which looks like oversaturated mess on the non HDR displays and LG somehow overlooked this situation probably mistakenly thinking that the default standard neon colors were a game feature, and squeezing the image back into the limited sRGB color gamut, that made the colors look neon and oversaturated, i.e. wrong.
So by enabling\disabling the ingame HDR effect in Shadow Warrior 2 you enable\disable the high brightness effect only, and nothing else. The game by default runs in Wide HDR color gamut regardless the monitor it runs on and it can't be toggled. The only way to see the normal colors in Shadow Warrior 2 is to run the game on a properly set up HDR display. Such as the patched LG HDR TVs.
I think the same applies to other games as well.
post #6347 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3014 Post(s)
Liked: 3210
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
Okay, thanks for the info. Still a lot to go through with this TV.
There is a bit in there to use all the features You'll get it......
post #6348 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmme View Post
The latest update to how the PC HDR works actually makes HDR games look the way they are supposed to look. It is a bug correction. Oversaturated colors in PC HDR games are not normal. Prior to the update the display didn't read the HDR wide color gamut by pc games correctly making games look oversaturated as if it was viewed on a standard sRGB monitor but with added high brightness effect. The update corrected that - now colors look normal in HDR format and have the high brightness effect where it is applied.
Look at shadow warrior 2 - the colors are oversaturated in non-HDR mode on a standard monitor and used to look the same on the HDR TV prior to the update. Those are 2 bugs in action. One - by game devs that made the game run only in Wide HDR color gamut mode regardless of which monitor you run it on, making colors look oversaturated on standard monitors and TVs. And the second bug - by LG that didn't make the TV read that Wide color gamut correctly, displaying the same wrong oversaturated colors as in standard mode. Now, LG corrected its own bug and the game looks normal with HDR effect on.

People are used to wrong looking HDR colors in HDR and standard modes, thinking it is some kind of game or HDR feature, but it is nothing but a bug. Game devs didn't bother making the game supporting tow different color gamuts, they made it just in one - Wide HDR color gamut which looks like oversaturated mess on the non HDR displays and LG somehow overlooked this situation probably mistakenly thinking that the default standard neon colors were a game feature, and squeezing the image back into the limited sRGB color gamut, that made the colors look neon and oversaturated, i.e. wrong.
So by enabling\disabling the ingame HDR effect in Shadow Warrior 2 you enable\disable the high brightness effect only, and nothing else. The game by default runs in Wide HDR color gamut regardless the monitor it runs on and it can't be toggled. The only way to see the normal colors in Shadow Warrior 2 is to run the game on a properly set up HDR display. Such as the patched LG HDR TVs.
I think the same applies to other games as well.
So you say that you see that the firm 3.60 the colours in pc mode HDR are correct? I see them washed in mass effect ,are you sure that in HDR PC mode the colours are correctly? Many thanks m?s sorry My english
post #6349 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlon646464 View Post
Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere showing all recommended settings? Searching this thread for each and every setting yields 2016 and 2017 models (I have a 65C7) as well as slightly different terms I find when going through my settings.

This is the first TV I've had that will do HDR and DV, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. (I'm a 'gadget guy', so I enjoy learning as much as using.) So far this LG is freakin' awesome.

We use this TV as follows: 50% DirecTV, 40% streaming (Netflix & Amazon) and 10% Blue-ray (don't have a UHD player yet).

One if the things I'm a little confused by, for example, is when someone says 'Cinema Home' is their favorite setting. I don't know if they mean when watching cable, HDR or DV - and whether once set up, will the C7 auto switch to preset settings for each.
Set it on ISF dark and adjust oled light to the brightness you want.
post #6350 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlon646464 View Post
I think you need at least 5 posts to be able to show pics.

On my C7 the center part (as wide as the opening was) is right down on the silver base. To the left and right of that there is a very small gap between the bottom of the display and the rest of the base.

And, yes, it will wiggle if you make it wiggle by pushing the top of the display a little. It does not wiggle if you just walk past it, however.
Ah cheers for that Athlon I've taken the back off and the fixing section is flush to the stand and yes it seems either side has a gap between the unit and the stand either side. My pics would show this. Seems odd they wouldn't make the whole unit flush to the stand to make it more stable?

Seems it's only the centre piece that you screw in that is taking all the weight :s
post #6351 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
I couldn't find the answer on this thread, but how do I know when the comp cycle is running and for how long? I know on my E once I power off their are red lights on the back of the set that stay on for about 10 min, on the C7 I don't see any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culpepper View Post
I don't think there's any way to tell when it's running. You just have to have faith! I think the automatic cycle runs for about 10 minutes once the TV accumulates 4 hours of on-time.
I found there's a way to tell. When you turn the TV off, it usually makes an audible click sound about 4 seconds after. If it doesn't, it's running the cycle. After around 10 minutes, you'll hear the click if you're paying attention. I noticed it last night.
post #6352 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I found there's a way to tell. When you turn the TV off, it usually makes an audible click sound about 4 seconds after. If it doesn't, it's running the cycle. After around 10 minutes, you'll hear the click if you're paying attention. I noticed it last night.

Can also connect a usb and if it's doing a cycle the usb is blinking.
post #6353 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
https://youtu.be/v5471kC8heE

WebOS is actually supper snappy. The tv remote has a Netflix and Amazon button which instantly opens up both apps. You would want to use the Netflix app on the LG because it has Dolby vision while HDR still does not work correctly on the Xbox 1s. You can check the Xbox home theatre forum for more on that subject. You can use the OLED strictly as a display only if you like and webOS is not required at all. I only use webOS for Netflix and Amazon while my Xbox 1s, appletv, roku and PS4pro is for HBO and everything else I stream. The webOS has some other features and shortcuts built into it. You can watch a YouTube video on the webOS, it's features and how it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post

I find WebOS to be pretty slow, actually. I had gotten so used to my 2016 Samsung KS8000 and how it was so fast doing everything, that waiting for menus to load on the LG is annoying. Plus on these OLEDs the wait time is inconsistent. Sometimes menus load in 1-2 seconds, and sometimes it's 3-4 seconds. I'm definitely not impressed with WebOS speed, and I certainly would not call it "snappy."

Heck, even the turn-on time is slow for these TVs in my opinion. Again, all relative but the KS8000 turned on the instant you hit the power button. I recognize this may just be an OLED thing but even with the power savings set to off it's slow to come on.
bigapp likes this.
post #6354 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 AM
kig

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Black Level

Last edited by kig; 08-01-2017 at 07:43 AM.
post #6355 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonispain View Post
So you say that you see that the firm 3.60 the colours in pc mode HDR are correct? I see them washed in mass effect ,are you sure that in HDR PC mode the colours are correctly? Many thanks m?s sorry My english
HDR Game and PC don't look the same with the same settings -- auto gamut, etc. PC is definitely washed out. DNice and others have posted about HDR in PC mode and been in touch with LG engineers.

It's super frustrating because it means you have to choose between accurate SDR picture and accurate HDR picture when gaming. You can't have both without constantly monkeying with your settings. If you use any non-PC label you have to use Game mode to get low SDR input lag, and Game's gamut is locked in Wide for some stupid reason. If you use PC mode, HDR is washed out.

I was hoping firmware 3.60.25 would fix this, but it looks like it's just a lip sync issue with DD5.1 output over ARC or optical.
post #6356 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone have issues with really slow wireless network speeds?
post #6357 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgru View Post
Quote:
HDR Game and PC don't look the same with the same settings -- auto gamut, etc. PC is definitely washed out. DNice and others have posted about HDR in PC mode and been in touch with LG engineers.

It's super frustrating because it means you have to choose between accurate SDR picture and accurate HDR picture when gaming. You can't have both without constantly monkeying with your settings. If you use any non-PC label you have to use Game mode to get low SDR input lag, and Game's gamut is locked in Wide for some stupid reason. If you use PC mode, HDR is washed out.

I was hoping firmware 3.60.25 would fix this, but it looks like it's just a lip sync issue with DD5.1 output over ARC or optical.
thank you friend
post #6358 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 179
So, seeing that I still have 15 days of warranty left (BB Elite Plus member) and the banding is not getting any better, I decided to go ahead and requested a replacement 65C7P. I just can't let this warranty lapse and get stuck with a $3500 TV with this banding issue.

All the BBs in the Orlando area are currently out of stock and the replacement is scheduled to be delivered at home on August 26th.

Maybe this is a good thing and ensures I get a set from a newer batch.

Keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOR SALE: Sony HW40ES / BIC Acoustech PL-200 sub

LG 65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Oppo 203 / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #6359 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

I am starting to think the problem is Mass Effect. Because I have THREE HDR TVs. Sony X800E, Samsung KS8000, LG C7P. And they all look crappy in HDR10 is enabled; with DV enabled on the C7P it's pink. It can also be crappy Nvidia drivers...

However I have tried RE7 and Shadow Warrior 2 and they look perfectly fine and THE SAME on all three of my TVs.
bigapp likes this.

Last edited by rotarydude; 08-01-2017 at 09:04 AM.
post #6360 of 10802 Old 08-01-2017, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I find WebOS to be pretty slow, actually. I had gotten so used to my 2016 Samsung KS8000 and how it was so fast doing everything, that waiting for menus to load on the LG is annoying. Plus on these OLEDs the wait time is inconsistent. Sometimes menus load in 1-2 seconds, and sometimes it's 3-4 seconds. I'm definitely not impressed with WebOS speed, and I certainly would not call it "snappy."

Heck, even the turn-on time is slow for these TVs in my opinion. Again, all relative but the KS8000 turned on the instant you hit the power button. I recognize this may just be an OLED thing but even with the power savings set to off it's slow to come on.
I have the 180 opposite experience. I have a KS8000 in my gaming room, and the C7P in my living room. And the KS8000 is HORRIBLE going to through the "Smart Hub" items. Scrolling through the Apps its also slow. It's night and day difference when using the C7P either with the magic remote or with my Harmony Elite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
2017 , audio out , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , lg c7 , lg e7 , mount , oled , problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page