2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 217 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36424Likes

post #6481 of 10873 Old 08-02-2017, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwinlied View Post
welp. I splurged and went with a 65B7. Oddly enough, I already have buyers remorse and it isn't even out of the box lol. I suppose I'm just a bit worried, is all. I was looking at this and the sony x930e (which looks fantastic in person). They were the same price, so I figured why not try the LG. I have 45 days to return it if the family doesn't like it. If I do end up getting rid of it, I will get the 930e without hesitation.

now...to figure out how to hook everything up.

I basically watch/stream everything aside from OTA through the xbox 1S to my AVR (x3300) and then run a single hdmi to the tv (ARC). is that still the recommended method with the LG? wow I just realized I don't even know if it has an OTA antenna hookup. perhaps I should have done a 'tad' more research lol
There is no buyers remorse with the 2017 OLED once you plug it in and turn it on. Here's what you won't be missing, with plasmas it's plasma buzz, plasma heat. With LEDs it's LED clouding, LED dark corners, led blooming, edge lit LEDs like your 930e with brighter edges, off axis wash out, blinding whites, list goes on and on. I don't have cable either and stream everything from my Xbox, roku and built in TV apps. Yes ARC is the way to go for one cable management.
The only thing that can compete with an OLED is a top tier full array LED set. My only recommendation is don't do a software update when you connect your tv. Also when a new update comes out wait till every single person here beta tests it first then decide if you should do it.
bigapp, drwinlied, 333444 and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6482 of 10873 Old 08-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
I mentioned the thin white line at the bottom of the screen. It appears to happen with DirecTV only.

Can anyone give an exact setting that can remove this? A couple of people mentioned "pixel shift" or IR reduction. I can't find those (not knowledgeable enough with this tech stuff to get something close to that either).

Please see the attached pics...thanks!
Your problem is with your provider, but you should be able to correct it by moving the image down slightly. Look for controls to adjust the image location on the screen. In the past, over scan was used to hide the garbage transmitted in over the air TV broadcasts.

Update: You got the correct control from one of the owners.

Last edited by htwaits; 08-02-2017 at 09:29 PM.
post #6483 of 10873 Old 08-02-2017, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Your problem is with your provider, but you should be able to correct it by moving the image down slightly. Look for controls to adjust the image location on the screen. In the past, over scan was used to hide the garbage transmitted in over the air TV broadcasts.

If turning off the "screen shift" doesn't work I'll look into that. So far I think (knock on wood) the screen shift disabling helped though.

Appreciate your reply.

post #6484 of 10873 Old 08-02-2017, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
If turning off the "screen shift" doesn't work I'll look into that. So far I think (knock on wood) the screen shift disabling helped though.

Appreciate your reply.

Screen shift is the fix. Lots of owners including myself figured that out a while back. It's been well documented. I'm not sure where all these other theories about it being your source are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #6485 of 10873 Old 08-02-2017, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuswsu View Post
Screen shift is the fix. Lots of owners including myself figured that out a while back. It's been well documented. I'm not sure where all these other theories about it being your source are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mainly have only seen the white line while watching DirecTV. Granted I have only watched 2 blu-rays, but I don't recall seeing the white line during viewing.

Thanks for replying!
post #6486 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackmark View Post
Weird. I was two rooms away but I'm sure still in BT range since it's a lot more than IR. The only way I could be farther would be to take the Mac outside!
I had the exact same experience with my Ultimate One. Impossible to set up the Netflix and Amazon buttons.
post #6487 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just picked up a C7 and calibrated couple things I noticed

Game Mode is noticeable darker so I tried PC labeling the input to get lower input lag overall as well as more pictures options.

But earlier in this thread I'm reading that PC mode is incorrectly displaying HDR

Just need clarification, I'm not an expert on these things lol, sorry for bugging.
post #6488 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousDS View Post

Game Mode is noticeable darker so I tried PC labeling the input to get lower input lag overall as well as more pictures options.

But earlier in this thread I'm reading that PC mode is incorrectly displaying HDR

Just need clarification, I'm not an expert on these things lol, sorry for bugging.
Game Mode has the lowest lag, 21ms, because it turns off most of the picture options. Also, it is very bright, the brightness is 60-80 and the OLED light is 80 or 100. Check what your console is outputting. On the Xbone set it to the highest color bit level and when you change from "standard" to "RGB" it will be darker but the picture/color/detail is much better.
If you're gaming from a PC, go back a few pages or search this thread for PC mode or PC label. It too can be 21ms if you keep processing features turned off. The primary benefit of the PC label is to turn on the ability to see 60 Hz. 4:4:4.
post #6489 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2280 Post(s)
Liked: 2483
Some people were discussing out of the box calibration a couple of pages back. If you are interested, this link shows out of the box vs calibrated for the E7.
I hope this helps put things into perspective
2017 TV Shootout Evaluation event will be in NYC, July 12 and July 13, 2017

John
Sony 55A1E / LG 55OLEDE6P
Marantz 7012
Ohm Walsh Speakers
ISF Level II Certified
post #6490 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
There is no buyers remorse with the 2017 OLED once you plug it in and turn it on. Here's what you won't be missing, with plasmas it's plasma buzz, plasma heat. With LEDs it's LED clouding, LED dark corners, led blooming, edge lit LEDs like your 930e with brighter edges, off axis wash out, blinding whites, list goes on and on. I don't have cable either and stream everything from my Xbox, roku and built in TV apps. Yes ARC is the way to go for one cable management.
The only thing that can compete with an OLED is a top tier full array LED set. My only recommendation is don't do a software update when you connect your tv. Also when a new update comes out wait till every single person here beta tests it first then decide if you should do it.
Talk about wash out- Sammy led top new B7 bottom. This is exactly how it appeared in my room no camera tricks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1793.JPG (1.55 MB, 261 views)
post #6491 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
One of my built in apps froze last night (YouTube I believe) and the tv turned itself off. I just turned it back on and everything was fine after. Is this normal?
post #6492 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeHawk View Post
Game Mode has the lowest lag, 21ms, because it turns off most of the picture options. Also, it is very bright, the brightness is 60-80 and the OLED light is 80 or 100. Check what your console is outputting. On the Xbone set it to the highest color bit level and when you change from "standard" to "RGB" it will be darker but the picture/color/detail is much better.
If you're gaming from a PC, go back a few pages or search this thread for PC mode or PC label. It too can be 21ms if you keep processing features turned off. The primary benefit of the PC label is to turn on the ability to see 60 Hz. 4:4:4.
even though the OLED setting is bright it actually seems more DIM than lets say the Cinema mode.....it almost seems like its bugged and I have to use Dynamic Contrast to return the brightness to normal levels where it should be for HDR content.

As for PC the only reason I asked about it was because apparently its not displaying HDR content correctly due to a bug?
post #6493 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Yep it worked fine to learn the commands to my Harmony Elite. I do wonder if this is a factor, though: The LG remote seems to be Bluetooth and IR. I took the LG remote out of the room with the TV because I have my computer etc nowhere near the TV. I wonder if because the remote was out of Bluetooth range of the TV if it switched to IR for the commands? That might be why you were having trouble learning the commands from the LG remote. Maybe it was sending those signals over Bluetooth instead of IR, which of course the Harmony won’t accept.

For me it was incredibly simple. I held the LG remote about 2 inches away from the Harmony Elite, and tapped the Netflix/Amazon button just once and it learned first time. Try being nowhere near the TV when you do this.
For the life of me, I haven't been able to teach those two buttons on my Harmony Ultimate.

Last edited by rotarydude; 08-03-2017 at 08:48 AM.
post #6494 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3017 Post(s)
Liked: 3213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Daroca View Post
One of my built in apps froze last night (YouTube I believe) and the tv turned itself off. I just turned it back on and everything was fine after. Is this normal?
I cant even tell you how many devises I have to this for no reason.....lol
post #6495 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Daroca View Post
This is normal for all electronics that have an operating system and ram.
post #6496 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:

You have to be more specific with your TVs current firmware and what gaming device you are using. That way we can be more helpful. I'm not currently using the newest firmware. I'm a few firmwares behind and my game mode works great. I also use the built in Xbox 1 video calibration found under settings and video to calibrate game mode for my PS4pro and Xbox 1. I have stunning results for games in hdr like ratchet and clank, mass effect andromeda, forza and gears of war.
post #6497 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin22 View Post
Talk about wash out- Sammy led top new B7 bottom. This is exactly how it appeared in my room no camera tricks
It's about time you released the oled from its cage. Now retire that led to the garage or outside by the pool and get to tweaking and playing with the oled. Be advise that there's also a very invisible piece of protective plastic on the very back top 2/3 of the tv that needs to come off.
Weaselboy likes this.
post #6498 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
even though the OLED setting is bright it actually seems more DIM than lets say the Cinema mode.....it almost seems like its bugged and I have to use Dynamic Contrast to return the brightness to normal levels where it should be for HDR content.

As for PC the only reason I asked about it was because apparently its not displaying HDR content correctly due to a bug?
What are your input devices and do you see the same darker picture in game mode with all devices, with swapping out the cables, and in all HDMI inputs?

Also, go to Setup>General>HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color and turn it on, you have to turn it on for each HDMI port individually once a device is plugged into that port.
See details here: Deep Color vs 4K and Soap Opera Effect
post #6499 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just received a 65C7 from Cleveland Plasma via FEDEX delivery. I walked out to the truck with the FEDEX driver and I was surprised when he picked up the box as if he was carrying a 24” computer monitor. I guess he gets a lot of practice. The outer box had some minor scratches, with no signs of any penetrations. The inner box was pristine, and so was 65C7. I was somewhat apprehensive about playing the panel lottery, but I was pleasantly surprised when I did not detect any issues. Currently running the slides provided by D-Nice. So far I am a very happy 65C7 owner. Now I have to determine which 4K blu ray player to purchase.
post #6500 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
It's about time you released the oled from its cage. Now retire that led to the garage or outside by the pool and get to tweaking and playing with the oled. Be advise that there's also a very invisible piece of protective plastic on the very back top 2/3 of the tv that needs to come off.
Tweaking is the part that's killing me. Trying to find a balance between deep blacks and shadow detail is difficult. I keep screwing around with gamma and brightness levels.
post #6501 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeHawk View Post
What are your input devices and do you see the same darker picture in game mode with all devices, with swapping out the cables, and in all HDMI inputs?

Also, go to Setup>General>HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color and turn it on, you have to turn it on for each HDMI port individually once a device is plugged into that port.
See details here:
Input devices are Xbox One and PS4 Pro

Deep color is turned on for all compatible ports, I know my cables are good as they are appropriately rated and worked with my KS8000.

I am however running the newest firmware in North America, which might be causing it.
post #6502 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Where can i find the slides? Can they help with banding?
post #6503 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydude View Post
For the life of me, I haven't been able to teach those two buttons on my Harmony Ultimate.
I just added both the Netflix and Amazon buttons to my Harmony Elite. I hooked my remote to my PC, ran the MyHarmony software and followed the instructions.

My PC is up one floor and at the other side of my house from our HT room. I had no issues at all - they both programmed with just one click.

LG OLED65C7 | Denon 2113CI | Klipsch 5.1 setup - 2 Forte - 1 R-25C - 2 R-14S
BA Sub w/Bosch amp | Sony BDP S570
post #6504 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post
Try running the panel clear it may fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Ugh that blows. Can you post a picture of that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore31 View Post
Bought a new house and had an integrator set up our A/V needs. We upgraded the family room TV to a 65in C7. Watched a couple 4K discs from our new OPPO 203 about 3 total hours of use and the next morning I turned on the display to a whole row of malfunctioning pixels. LG is coming out tomorrow morning to see it first hand. Has anybody else had this happen to them on their LG OLEDs?
UPDATE: LG tech just left and they have ordered a replacement panel to replace this one.
bigapp likes this.
post #6505 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteox View Post
I actually went on the YouTube app and searched for oled 5% gray. Others also popped up. Don't do it though. You are just looking for trouble. Do you see banding or issues with the image when watching full screen shows or letterboxed movies? Do you see banding when looking at full screen colored slides? Once you see the banding you will not be able to unsee it. It will start you down a path of multiple returns thinking that the next set will have zero and maybe the next set after that and so on and so forth.
post #6506 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:31 AM

A little side note here. While the off axis performance is great the white balance does change when viewing off axis using warm 2 setting. You notice in the facial skin tones and scenes with a lot of white. When going off axis the white balance goes from warm 2 to what looks like a warm 1. Anybody else notice this? Thanks
post #6507 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Where can i find the slides?
Post #128 in this thread.

LG OLED65C7 | Denon 2113CI | Klipsch 5.1 setup - 2 Forte - 1 R-25C - 2 R-14S
BA Sub w/Bosch amp | Sony BDP S570
post #6508 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Post number 128 of this thread by D-Nice found here.

1) Slideshow
2) Full screen
3) Fast speed
4) Vivid mode
5) 100 hours of run time

FYI. I am at 75 hours now on my C7 with a little bit of regular TV/Movie/Youtube/Gaming mixed in. Everything is looking and working fantastic. I do tend to shut the TV down every four hours or so to rest even though I seem to recall D-Nice just flat out runs the slides for the 100 hrs straight with no problem.
post #6509 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlon646464 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydude View Post
I just added both the Netflix and Amazon buttons to my Harmony Elite. I hooked my remote to my PC, ran the MyHarmony software and followed the instructions.

My PC is up one floor and at the other side of my house from our HT room. I had no issues at all - they both programmed with just one click.
I wonder if the Harmony Elite can learn BT? Ipout in a request to Logitech and they state that it cannot be done for the Ultimate One, but have escalated to see if they can create the functions and push them out to me.
post #6510 of 10873 Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Input devices are Xbox One and PS4 Pro

Deep color is turned on for all compatible ports, I know my cables are good as they are appropriately rated and worked with my KS8000.

I am however running the newest firmware in North America, which might be causing it.
At default settings game mode is the brightest (very bright) and ISF dark is the darkest, with cinema above ISF Dark. You may be the first here to see a dark game mode. The only mode I have not changed at all is Game, so I have to recommend you do a full, methodical trouble-shoot and isolate the device or cable or setting that is making Game so dark. Reset settings to 'default', etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
2017 , audio out , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , lg c7 , lg e7 , mount , oled , problem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page