Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD
What do you have your trumotion settings set to on cinema or any other mode? I feel like I have judder on EVERYTHING I watch on this tv on Netflix and Hulu. I hate judder and I hate soap opera affect. So far I've set trumotion to user and de-judder at 1 and de-blur at 0.
I'm with you. I can't believe there aren't more people on here talking about the motion. I had some very slight banding, but it's about 5% of my concern with this TV. The other 95% is motion. I've played with the settings until I'm exhausted (de judder to 0....all the way to 10...de blur at 0...all the way to 10, Cinema mode, HDR mode, DirectV, Netflix, etc.) and it's still borderline unwatchable on some content. Maybe it's because I came from a plasma?
For example, last night watching Game of Thrones on DirectV during the huge fight sequence at the end, it was a mess
. I don't think my wife noticed, but that doesn't surprise me. I was SO distracted by the jerky motion that it severely hindered my watching experience. Also, is DirectV's 1080i just so poor that even this TV can't help it? In the dark scene with Arya and Sansa in the "basement", the black details were banded together in like 1 inch lines.
Anyback, back to the motion issues. The other night when watching Sneaky Pete on Amazon, there is a scene (maybe episode 3?) where they are inside a horse race spectator viewing area and so its dark inside and bright outside. The camera pans inside alone some bright windows separated by dark partitions and it was borderline comical
at how the TV handled it. It reminded me of playing online video games years ago during a lag spike.
I'm really concerned here that I'm going to be continually frustrated every time I watch it. The content it seems to have the least problem with is HDR on Youtube or some
4k content on Netflix. Another example, I was watching Louis CK Netflix special, which is 4k, and he made a joke with a hand motion going in circles. So you had a white hand against a black background making a circle and it looked like if I froze it, there would be 40 fingers on the screen.
Any help here beyond just continuing to mess with the de judder and de blur settings? I've found you either get some of the judder out but you are left with a soap opera effect that looks NOTHING like how the director intended, or you are dealing with trailing artifacts that are so distracting it's hard to notice anything else.
Sorry, just a little frustrated today needed to vent.