AVS Forum banner

"How much" better is LG 55B7 to 55B6?

29K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  MirceaForce 
#1 ·
Hi to everyone!

Question to all the experts here.
How much more would you pay for an LG OLED B7 comparing to the B6?
How much do you think the new improvements are worth?

Here in Spain, I have the chance to get a deal for a B6 for 1700 euro, a C6 for 2100 euro, or the new B7 or C7 for (both cost about the same) for 3000 euro, launch date on May.
I think the new ones will come down to about 2500€ in a few weeks.

Is it worth the wait or would you push the trigger on last year model?
Would you spend 400€ more on the C6 than on the B6?

I think many people is in my same situation.

Thank you very much.

#5 ·
I heard in Europe they didnt update B6
Thats also why I am considering buying more LG C6, for the updates, also it is LG SoC and not Realtek(like in B6), as Vincent from Hdtvtest explained, since its their hardware, there should be more updates...
But C6 is still like $150-250 more expensive, but you also get 3D

#12 ·
If I were looking for a new TV, I'd either buy one of the last B6s in stock, because the launch price of the B7 (and any other 2017 TV, imo) is too high compared to last years models. so if you're set on the B7, I'd wait until Black Friday when the 55B7 is $1500 and the 65B7 is $2500.

Since I didn't end up upgrading my Kuro (for the 8th year in a row) last year with the B6OLED, I'll hold out until BF 2017.. or even 2018.

I'm personally waiting for a (hopefully non-LG) 65" OLED to land under $2500.

#13 ·
Can't say enough to stay away from B6. I also had G6 which was better.
Now I have C7 and it's better than G6 but still not excellent if you understand.
But all 7 Series models have the same picture and hardware - only design is different between them.

If it's pricing for 7 model just wait. It will come down and it's worth it for patience.

-Simon

#15 ·
It had great HDR picture but maybe 25% of time I watch HDR.
I watch regular TV lots more for shows, sports, news, nature programs and it looked bad for that. I had Fios first then switch to cable. Last I have Directv. But all were poor.
Very frustrating was a little pink color in whites and blacks.
There were other things like noisy picture and not smooth for sports and fast action movies. Adjust all the settings just never right.

So C7 is better in few ways - great HDR picture too about the same. But better for general TV watching - but not excellent!
The pink and red tones are not there and Its brighter. I like the colors more than G6 too.
But It has smoothness problems like G6 so I can't say its better for that area.

-Simon

#17 ·
If you want the best broadcast TV buy an antenna. With all other content delivery routes you will get compression artifacts.

Reactions: skip61
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.