2017 LG OLED E7/G7 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 130Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 461 Old 08-08-2017, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbass2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmascatello View Post
Did anyone here watch last night's Game of Thrones (Ep. 4) and notice the wretched low-level black performance? I have a 65E7P and DirecTV (4K HR54 and Genies) and the dark Winterfell scenes were atrocious on the OLED. The outdoor and regularly-lit scenes looked great but the crypt/castle stuff in the North was almost unwatchable. Performance on my 75Z9D was much better on the same content. Does anyone have any advice on ways to mitigate this near-black mess on the LG OLEDs?
You are not alone (watched it through my HR54 on an 65E6P), like many others have said, the web versions of most shows are actually starting to look a lot better than the overly compressed satellite/cable broadcasts. It used to be the other way around, and these LG OLEDs are very transparent........they are garbage in garbage out sets.
tbass2k is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 461 Old 08-09-2017, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 16,749
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2914 Post(s)
Liked: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDO CA View Post
OK but how about the SXRD/Qualia Sony sets a few years ago that became unwatchable and Sony did not stand behind them. I almost bought one and watched it happen. There were several law suits and Sony lost and was forced to step up and be a man. Then the management failed and Sony became a much smaller company.
I am somewhat worried about the new Sony sound that vibrates the screen and if in a couple of years the pixels start to fail and Sony again takes a walk.
Everyone builds a lemon from time to time. I do not think that is the case with the A1E. I know I would not use the TV sound anyway, I have a sound system.
william06 likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #243 of 461 Old 08-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
I watched that episode on Directv too, and yes, low light scenes were not pretty. However I then discovered HBO To Go and watched the episode all over again. Low light scenes, picture clarity and even color were much better on the HBO To Go version. In fact I chained my wife to the sofa and synched up our Directv DVR with that episode and the HBO To Go version. She immediately picked up on the quality difference. I won't be watching GOR on Directv anymore. Even outdoor scenes were more open, colorful and detailed on HBO To Go. Highly recommended!

In fact I first discovered this while reading comments in the HD Programming section of AVS where guys were complaining, regardless of the TV they were watching, about the poor PQ of GOR on cable & satellite. So I first tried hooking up my iPhone 6S to the G7 and the difference was striking. I then downloaded the HBO To Go app to my Roku and began using it there.

It's amazing how far streaming quality has come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg823 View Post
Incredible look at this pic


I just got my 65 inch E7 panel last week (to get the true blacks from Game Of Thrones) and was horrified by how awful the jon snow cave scene looked. Joined the forum precisely to see whats going on with the panel.
I'll try HBO Go Today and hopefully it is better.
flavprime is offline  
 
post #244 of 461 Old 08-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
bigbrain28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land O' Lakes, FL
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDO CA View Post
OK but how about the SXRD/Qualia Sony sets a few years ago that became unwatchable and Sony did not stand behind them. I almost bought one and watched it happen. There were several law suits and Sony lost and was forced to step up and be a man. Then the management failed and Sony became a much smaller company.
I am somewhat worried about the new Sony sound that vibrates the screen and if in a couple of years the pixels start to fail and Sony again takes a walk.
I had (have) one of these - 60" SXRD that suffered the green blob of death, and honestly, Sony DID stand behind it. The first time it went bad they replaced the light engine free of charge, and when it happened a 2nd time (and the CLA happened) I was 'sold' a KLD-60NX720 Bravia for a severe discount as per terms of the settlement. That replacement tv is what I just replaced with my E7.

I admit, though, the impact the SXRD failure(s) and the poor 3D performance of the NX720 were huge deciding factors (along with price) in why I went with the E7 over the A1E.
bigbrain28 is offline  
post #245 of 461 Old 08-09-2017, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 31,905
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6586 Post(s)
Liked: 7296
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavprime View Post
I just got my 65 inch E7 panel last week (to get the true blacks from Game Of Thrones) and was horrified by how awful the jon snow cave scene looked. Joined the forum precisely to see whats going on with the panel.
I'll try HBO Go Today and hopefully it is better.
It will be much better. When my wife immediately notices the difference, you know it's not subtle.

Just remember though, GOR is not the pinnacle of PQ. You can watch almost anything on Netflix and see equal or better quality, especially in 4K. I suspect GOR is being filmed in 4K and if we ever get to see that together with less compression, I'm sure it will look far better. However in the interim, HBO To Go is quite a bit better than HBO.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #246 of 461 Old 08-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
dabrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Got my replacement 65E7 panel today doing nothing other than run D-Nices slides for the first 100 hours bur I'm not going to do manual full compensation cycles I'm just going to power it down a couple times per day to allow the automatic compensaton cycles to happen. So far haven't noticed any vignetting or banding but haven't ran the 5% and less grey slides yet will wait till panel has worn in.

On a side now I confirmed 100% that the last LG firmware update did break the HDR in the on board YouTube app as with my new panel I didn't update to the newest firmware and surprise surprise it looks exactly the same as content does through the Chrome cast Ultra which definitely was not the case with the last panel after I updated it.
dabrit is offline  
post #247 of 461 Old 08-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Member
 
sheffard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Apologies to post this as a non-owner (hopefully next week!), but can anyone tell me what the measurements are from the very bottom of the base to the start of the screen? I am looking to put a soundbar in front of it (probably the SJ8 which won't matter as it's thin...) but just want to make sure there's enough clearance.

Cheers in advance!

LG OLED65C7V | LG SJ8 Soundbar | Nvidia Shield (2nd Gen) - Living Room
Hisense H49M3000 | Google Chromecast - Bedroom
sheffard is offline  
post #248 of 461 Old 08-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Member
 
Invincible11111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
It will be much better. When my wife immediately notices the difference, you know it's not subtle.

Just remember though, GOR is not the pinnacle of PQ. You can watch almost anything on Netflix and see equal or better quality, especially in 4K. I suspect GOR is being filmed in 4K and if we ever get to see that together with less compression, I'm sure it will look far better. However in the interim, HBO To Go is quite a bit better than HBO.
Why do you always call it GOR? Have i missed something? Not meant to be rude i'm genuinly asking!
SynergyNT likes this.
Invincible11111 is online now  
post #249 of 461 Old 08-10-2017, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 31,905
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6586 Post(s)
Liked: 7296
I adopted that naming convention based on seeing others using it. It's a lot quicker saying "GOR" as opposed to Game Of Thrones.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #250 of 461 Old 08-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Member
 
Invincible11111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
I adopted that naming convention based on seeing others using it. It's a lot quicker saying "GOR" as opposed to Game Of Thrones.
I've seen people say(myself included) "GOT/GoT" but never "GOR"
Mustang66, Nugget and SynergyNT like this.
Invincible11111 is online now  
post #251 of 461 Old 08-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
bigbrain28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land O' Lakes, FL
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible11111 View Post
I've seen people say(myself included) "GOT/GoT" but never "GOR"
Same here - Not sure what the "R" could mean. I copy/pasted his quote into a txt to a friend and corrected it to GoT
bigbrain28 is offline  
post #252 of 461 Old 08-10-2017, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 31,905
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6586 Post(s)
Liked: 7296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible11111 View Post
I've seen people say(myself included) "GOT/GoT" but never "GOR"
You're right, my screwup!
Ken Ross is offline  
post #253 of 461 Old 08-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Member
 
Invincible11111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
You're right, my screwup!
Lol it happens. I was curious in case i had missed something. Still happy with the G7?
Invincible11111 is online now  
post #254 of 461 Old 08-10-2017, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 31,905
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6586 Post(s)
Liked: 7296
Really really love it. It's the best picture I've ever seen. Even 720p channels look great.

Did I say I really love it?
Ken Ross is offline  
post #255 of 461 Old 08-12-2017, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 16,749
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2914 Post(s)
Liked: 3088
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #256 of 461 Old 08-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
dabrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Is there any point to me updating to the latest firmware seeing as how I know youtube app will break?? What benefits were there in the last update?? One thing i have noticed is for somw reason I dont see any UHD options now in the Amazon Prime app?? Its usually right at the top of the screen but not there on the new set
dabrit is offline  
post #257 of 461 Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Senior Member
 
nirvanayoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavprime View Post
I just got my 65 inch E7 panel last week (to get the true blacks from Game Of Thrones) and was horrified by how awful the jon snow cave scene looked. Joined the forum precisely to see whats going on with the panel.
I'll try HBO Go Today and hopefully it is better.
FWIW, I don't have a G7 (yet -- I'm thinking about it), and those same scenes, as well as this week's similar scenes, looked like garbage on my Sony 85x950b as well. I was going to use this for more justification that I should make the switch, but it sounds like this particular problem is just as bad on the OLED side of the fence.
nirvanayoda is offline  
post #258 of 461 Old 08-14-2017, 05:13 AM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked: 4336
UK 2017 TV Shootout

Held at the Harefield Academy in Uxbridge (London, England), Sunday August 13

Spoiler!


Participating TVs (all 65"):

• LG B7 OLED TV (OLED65B7V)

• Panasonic EZ1002 OLED TV (TX-65EZ1002)

• Sony A1 OLED TV (KD-65A1)

• Samsung Q9 QLED TV (QE65Q9F)

• Sony ZD9 LED LCD TV (KD-65ZD9)


Reference/Mastering Monitor:

30" Sony BVM-X300 4K HDR OLED ($30K)


Note: The TVs were all calibrated to 200 nits by "HDTVTest’s" Editor and calibrator Vincent Teoh with assistance from Tyler Pruitt (Portrait Displays) and compared to the Sony reference studio monitor.


Results/Winners:


Best HDR TV: LG B7 OLED

Best Gaming TV: LG B7 OLED

Best Living Room TV: Sony A1 OLED

Best Home Theater TV: Panasonic EZ1002 OLED

Best Overall TV of 2017: Panasonic EZ1002 OLED

Winner!: OLED TVs (Sorry LCD TVs )


Scoring:

Spoiler!


Individual Category Scores:

Spoiler!


Overall Award Scores:

Spoiler!


LINK to the Flat Panel HD Article:

>OLED took home all awards at HDTVTest's annual TV shootout<




LINK to the AVS Shootout Thread:

>UK 2017 HDTVtest TV Shootout<


LINK to Mark's Article (& Thread):

>HDTVtest 2017 TV Shootout: Panasonic EZ1002 OLED Takes Top Prize<


Here are 2 great posts from one of the attendees @RobertR1

[POST #1 l POST #2]

And here's one from another attendee @ARROW-AV [LINK]


Keeping Things in Perspective

Spoiler!


Shootout Pics:

Spoiler!


YouTube Videos:



Special thanks to "HDTVtest"; retailer "Crampton & Moore"; "Vincent Teoh"; @WiFi-Spy ; @ARROW-AV ; @RobertR1 ; and all other participants, judges, and attendees.


Richard
Emanuele Vagnino likes this.

Last edited by King Richard; 08-21-2017 at 06:50 PM.
King Richard is offline  
post #259 of 461 Old 08-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I've yet to have someone calibrate my E7, but how do you guys manage with scenes that are really dark? I was watching Harry Potter on Freeform over the weekend. Goblet of Fire and the Deathly Hallows have really dark scenes through alley ways, rooms, etc. I also watched The Avengers: Age of Ultron on FX, and in the beginning when Tony is walking through the hidden room is really dark. So dark, that you really can't see what is going on in any of these scenes in ISF Bright, ISF Dark, Standard or Cinema.

Now I know there have been discussion about GoT being like this through DirecTV. The streaming service like HBO GO showed better results. Is this source content, or the TV? I'm wondering if anyone has these Blurays that could see if they see the same thing.
jasyn is offline  
post #260 of 461 Old 08-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
dabrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So I don't know if i just won the panel lottery with my 2nd replacement 65E7 or if running nothing but D-Nices slides for the first 100 hours is the reason but Im more than satisfied with the new set. Have not seen any banding on content thus far and I definitely was with the previous TV so yay!!
matt310 likes this.
dabrit is offline  
post #261 of 461 Old 08-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasyn View Post
I've yet to have someone calibrate my E7, but how do you guys manage with scenes that are really dark? I was watching Harry Potter on Freeform over the weekend. Goblet of Fire and the Deathly Hallows have really dark scenes through alley ways, rooms, etc. I also watched The Avengers: Age of Ultron on FX, and in the beginning when Tony is walking through the hidden room is really dark. So dark, that you really can't see what is going on in any of these scenes in ISF Bright, ISF Dark, Standard or Cinema.

Now I know there have been discussion about GoT being like this through DirecTV. The streaming service like HBO GO showed better results. Is this source content, or the TV? I'm wondering if anyone has these Blurays that could see if they see the same thing.
You're describing crushed black detail. This thread is from last year, but gives more detail about why you see that with the OLED sets more than others, and what you can do to try to improve it. Ultimately it is in part due to the source material, but also the technology.

LG OLEDs - how to enhance near black detail
SynergyNT is offline  
post #262 of 461 Old 08-14-2017, 03:02 PM
Member
 
High DeF JeFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone,
Quick summary of my situation...
I have a Sony XBR930D that deemed defective and will be replaced by PC Richard.
I had narrowed down my replacements to the XBR930E and the Sony OLED A1E.

I had done a ton of research on the LG OLEDs, just in case and after spending an hour in the store today I put Sony aside and got the E7P.
It will be delivered tomorrow but I'm home now and keep going over the one issue that bothers me about OLEDs, when viewing them in a store.

Loss of detail in very dark areas and shadows. (Example...that Sony store demo that shows the two people dancing in black clothing. Their clothes just sort of blob together and you dont see any details)

I know a lot of people wont agree with this practice but it is something I have done with video games (like BF1) I crank the brightness up just enough to where everything is just a little over saturated but it allows me to see things better at a distance.

Is something like that possible with an OLED?
High DeF JeFF is offline  
post #263 of 461 Old 08-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyNT View Post
You're describing crushed black detail. This thread is from last year, but gives more detail about why you see that with the OLED sets more than others, and what you can do to try to improve it. Ultimately it is in part due to the source material, but also the technology.

LG OLEDs - how to enhance near black detail
Thanks, I'll go have a read.
jasyn is offline  
post #264 of 461 Old 08-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by High DeF JeFF View Post
Hello Everyone,
Quick summary of my situation...
I have a Sony XBR930D that deemed defective and will be replaced by PC Richard.
I had narrowed down my replacements to the XBR930E and the Sony OLED A1E.

I had done a ton of research on the LG OLEDs, just in case and after spending an hour in the store today I put Sony aside and got the E7P.
It will be delivered tomorrow but I'm home now and keep going over the one issue that bothers me about OLEDs, when viewing them in a store.

Loss of detail in very dark areas and shadows. (Example...that Sony store demo that shows the two people dancing in black clothing. Their clothes just sort of blob together and you dont see any details)

I know a lot of people wont agree with this practice but it is something I have done with video games (like BF1) I crank the brightness up just enough to where everything is just a little over saturated but it allows me to see things better at a distance.

Is something like that possible with an OLED?
It's probably black crush, and the post above yours by SynergyNT has the answer.
jasyn is offline  
post #265 of 461 Old 08-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Has anyone stared closely at the back glass before? I just noticed it's like 3D cubes stacked on top of one another. Pretty cool.
matt310 likes this.
jasyn is offline  
post #266 of 461 Old 08-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasyn View Post
Has anyone stared closely at the back glass before? I just noticed it's like 3D cubes stacked on top of one another. Pretty cool.
Does anyone know of the "glass" in picture-on-glass is actually glass? I saw something in the forums suggesting it might be plexiglass, but was curious if anyone knows for sure. I don't know that it would make much difference since hopefully you won't be doing anything that could put scratches in the plexiglass if that's what it is.
SynergyNT is offline  
post #267 of 461 Old 08-15-2017, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
william06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South central Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,920
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Looking forward to my first oled the E7 from cl shipping soon chris was great to deal with. Comming from a samsung 65 mu9000 which i was very unhappy with.
william06 is online now  
post #268 of 461 Old 08-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Newbie
 
MountainBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyNT View Post
Correct. I don't necessarily want to pay retail, but being in a city with multiple Best Buy stores in short driving range, the convenience of having them do a swap if I run into panel lottery issues is much more appealing than having to wait for LG to send a technician, though I don't know that I've heard how long that normally takes. My hope is I don't have as many problems as others who have had several Best Buy returns and been put on the "naughty" list.
:) I also went with Chris @ Cleveland Plasma for my OLED55E7P. It was a great experience. Very professional, double-boxed via FedEx, great price, and very fast delivery. TV arrived without any damage or defects. Dealing with Chris was everything that I had hoped for. Saved a bundle of $$$ over what I would have paid to Best Buy. Also bought a 5-year warranty from Chris at roughly half of Best Buy's best price.
MountainBill is offline  
post #269 of 461 Old 08-15-2017, 08:07 PM
Member
 
Angry Neighbors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cloverdale CA
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anybody have a link to D-Nice's calibrations? So far I've unsuccessful on finding them...
Angry Neighbors is offline  
post #270 of 461 Old 08-16-2017, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
 
matt310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyNT View Post
Does anyone know of the "glass" in picture-on-glass is actually glass? I saw something in the forums suggesting it might be plexiglass, but was curious if anyone knows for sure. I don't know that it would make much difference since hopefully you won't be doing anything that could put scratches in the plexiglass if that's what it is.
It's definitely glass-like, because it can shatter. It has some flex to it, so it could be a hybrid material. I've stated before that it feels and sounds similar lucite, though that's entirely a guess.
matt310 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off