Dolby Vision broken on OLED 2016 series (Maybe fixed on 2017 via calibration) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
256k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Paranoic BS

Paranoid post, blablabla etc

Last edited by 256k; 08-23-2017 at 11:55 PM.
256k is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,480
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Liked: 681
So, the 2016 models needs a firmware update increasing luminance on the lower end of the greyscale. How does the EOTF look on the 2016 models?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
DisplayCalNoob is online now  
post #3 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 8,102
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4476 Post(s)
Liked: 3088
I have watched the HDR10 version of F8 on my Panny 900, and the DV version on my OPPO 203, both connected to my E6. I see no crush on the DV version, and in fact more near black detail compared to HDR10 version. I do not have Resident Evil so I cant comment on image quality.
Gillietalls likes this.

LG 65E6P FW 05.30.02
LG 65EF9500
wxman is online now  
 
post #4 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I have watched the HDR10 version of F8 on my Panny 900, and the DV version on my OPPO 203, both connected to my E6. I see no crush on the DV version, and in fact more near black detail compared to HDR10 version. I do not have Resident Evil so I cant comment on image quality.
Yeah I think the first few DV discs just have issues. But the OP is trying to say it's all the DV content to include Netflix and VUDU. I think something may be also wrong with his set... I see no black crush when watching DV via Netflix or VUDU.
wxman and losservatore like this.

Sony 75x940E, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, Samsung 55HU9000 (sek-3500), LG 55UB8200
LG UP970, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s, WD 4TB NAS
Nvidia Shield, Wii U, Playstation 3
Gillietalls is offline  
post #5 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 8,102
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4476 Post(s)
Liked: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Yeah I think the first few DV discs just have issues. But the OP is trying to say it's all the DV content to include Netflix and VUDU. I think something may be also wrong with his set... I see no black crush when watching DV via Netflix or VUDU.
From what I have read about VUDU is their form of DV is not done on the HDR version. They take the sdr version and then apply DV to it. I also do not see crush with VUDU when watching my DV UV versions via streaming.

LG 65E6P FW 05.30.02
LG 65EF9500
wxman is online now  
post #6 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 11:14 AM
Senior Member
 
grodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256k View Post
I'll copy what i've said on LG UP970 post:

OLED E6 user here

- I was wrong, Dolby Vision dark movie/bright movie can't be used without change a few things (And still will look bad)
- Dolby Vision is totally broken and we have to speak with LG to ask for a fix
- Resident Evil Vendetta does not have black bars since its a fullscreen movie
- The movie shows an INSANE BLACK CRUSH because of broken Dolby Vision, we're talking about easily loosing from 0-5% black levels, which means that on dark scenes (this movie have A LOT), we dont see a ****, it's just everything dark, the only way to see all the crushed detail is to use Dolby Vision Vivid (Which of course shows an image with tons of errors on colours, but it shows the darkest details)
- To give yourself an idea, to see all the lost black detail i have to raise brightness up to 55-56 on any other Dolby Vision mode (52 already creates black glow...)
- Increase OLED LIGHT to see a bit more of image induces to huge clipping

So please, everyone with a OLED TV, go to LG website and talk with chat service to give this feedback, with the hope it gets fixed, on my part i've already sended feedback to LG Spain, later i'll talk with LG UK and US

Now that i've seen this, it explains why the hell "IRON FIST" on Dolby Vision was SO DARK on chapter 6 fights, jesus christ i almost wasnt able to see the characters clothes on some scenes
Iron Fist looks great in DV and I have the same TV. Not sure what is wrong with yours. Never had a problem once I tweaked it a little.
grodd is offline  
post #7 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 2,855
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Que?
Cam1977 likes this.

LG OLED65E6 | ARC DSi200 | Dynaudio Special Forty | Oppo UDP-205 | Maingear Drift GTX 1080 HTPC | audioquest CV-8 - Carbon - Columbia | BDI Mirage 8227 | Synology DS916+ | roon
drewTT is offline  
post #8 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
losservatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cleveland,Ohio
Posts: 6,466
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Liked: 2432
We have been talking about this in the LG 970P thread,Some scenes have grading issues.IMO it has nothing to do with the TV.


We have seen poorly graded HDR10 and DV and we have seen improvements on the grading of some tittles. Studios are playing with a new toy. welcome to the early adoption.


PS.Also it seems that there is something wrong with your display.
Gillietalls likes this.

Last edited by losservatore; 08-23-2017 at 11:49 AM.
losservatore is offline  
post #9 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
256k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 31
paranoid bs

Last edited by 256k; 08-23-2017 at 11:59 PM.
256k is offline  
post #10 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Not sure why OP thinks its TV sets fault. Nothing new here from previous new formats that needed time for content creators to figure out.
As others have said, no issues with other content on same set. Should assume it is content related, not TV issue.
JNayAV is offline  
post #11 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
256k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNayAV View Post
Not sure why OP thinks its TV sets fault. Nothing new here from previous new formats that needed time for content creators to figure out.
As others have said, no issues with other content on same set. Should assume it is content related, not TV issue.
It's supposed that Dolby Vision should take TV capabilities in count and adapt the low brightness content and the brighest ones and avoid clipping and black crush as much as possible, since it uses dynamic metadata frame by frame, but why the hell crush all that detail on Dolby Vision? have you seen on the video how much is crushed? i mean, it's insane, to recover it the only way is to use Dolby Vision vivid (which i wont use)
256k is offline  
post #12 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 12:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256k View Post
It's supposed that Dolby Vision should take TV capabilities in count and adapt the low brightness content and the brighest ones and avoid clipping and black crush as much as possible, since it uses dynamic metadata frame by frame, but why the hell crush all that detail on Dolby Vision? have you seen on the video how much is crushed? i mean, it's insane, to recover it the only way is to use Dolby Vision vivid (which i wont use)

That is correct in theory, but there is still a human in the content creation that dials everything in. If it was TV set all programs with levels under 5% would be crushed. Since it is only this one sample of content, it is much more reasonable to assume there is an issue in the creation of the Dolby Vision of this specific content.
JNayAV is offline  
post #13 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
256k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNayAV View Post
That is correct in theory, but there is still a human in the content creation that dials everything in. If it was TV set all programs with levels under 5% would be crushed. Since it is only this one sample of content, it is much more reasonable to assume there is an issue in the creation of the Dolby Vision of this specific content.
Could be... But why on the episode 6 fights at the end of the chapter, they're dark as hell, and if i raise the brightness i can see things on the background that was crushed? :/

Still waiting to see if one guy from a dolby vision post says how it looked on his OPPO, to see if it's the player (dont think so..)

Last edited by 256k; 08-23-2017 at 12:31 PM.
256k is offline  
post #14 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 01:11 PM
Censored By LG Payola
 
Al Leong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Downingtown PA
Posts: 1,669
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1423 Post(s)
Liked: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256k View Post
I'll copy what i've said on LG UP970 post:

OLED E6 user here

- I was wrong, Dolby Vision dark movie/bright movie can't be used without change a few things (And still will look bad)
- Dolby Vision is totally broken and we have to speak with LG to ask for a fix
- Resident Evil Vendetta does not have black bars since its a fullscreen movie
- The movie shows an INSANE BLACK CRUSH because of broken Dolby Vision, we're talking about easily loosing from 0-5% black levels, which means that on dark scenes (this movie have A LOT), we dont see a ****, it's just everything dark, the only way to see all the crushed detail is to use Dolby Vision Vivid (Which of course shows an image with tons of errors on colours, but it shows the darkest details)
- To give yourself an idea, to see all the lost black detail i have to raise brightness up to 55-56 on any other Dolby Vision mode (52 already creates black glow...)
- Increase OLED LIGHT to see a bit more of image induces to huge clipping

So please, everyone with a OLED TV, go to LG website and talk with chat service to give this feedback, with the hope it gets fixed, on my part i've already sended feedback to LG Spain, later i'll talk with LG UK and US

Now that i've seen this, it explains why the hell "IRON FIST" on Dolby Vision was SO DARK on chapter 6 fights, jesus christ i almost wasnt able to see the characters clothes on some scenes
Same black crush issue with the DV disc of Resident Evil Vendetta on my W7.. I didn't even make it to half way through the movie due to the overly dark level smoothing look of the animation.. other DV disc films looked great so it may be a product of the film grading. The HDR10 version on another TV for me performs better with this disc.
Al Leong is offline  
post #15 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Yeah I think the first few DV discs just have issues. But the OP is trying to say it's all the DV content to include Netflix and VUDU. I think something may be also wrong with his set... I see no black crush when watching DV via Netflix or VUDU.
Agreed all DV is working properly, no crush or anything. Others might say it's because it's an LG...but let them eat cake lol😆

Last edited by Cam1977; 08-23-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #16 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
Agreed all DV is working properly, no crush or anything. Others might say it's because it's an LG...but let then eat cake lol😆
😁😁
Cam1977 likes this.

Sony 75x940E, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, Samsung 55HU9000 (sek-3500), LG 55UB8200
LG UP970, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s, WD 4TB NAS
Nvidia Shield, Wii U, Playstation 3
Gillietalls is offline  
post #17 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
losservatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cleveland,Ohio
Posts: 6,466
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Liked: 2432
Ok I just finished watching the Dolby demo and I see all the details under the wings .I will try to take pictures but since is hard for the camera to capture both dark and bright areas, I will only focus the camera on the wings. Settings default movie dark mode ,nothing outs.
Gillietalls and Cam1977 like this.

Last edited by losservatore; 08-23-2017 at 02:06 PM.
losservatore is offline  
post #18 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post
Ok I just finished watching the Dolby demo and I see all the details under the wings .I will try to take pictures but since is hard for the camera to capture both dark and bright areas, I will only focus the camera on the wings. Settings default movie dark mode ,nothing outs.
Man I don't have a laptop to adjust my photos and can't upload at all!
Cam1977 is online now  
post #19 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
losservatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cleveland,Ohio
Posts: 6,466
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Liked: 2432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
Man I don't have a laptop to adjust my photos and can't upload at all!
I have no idea why he doesn't see the details under the wings ,I clearly see every detail on the SDR version on youtube and the Dolby video file.




Link for the Dolby demo file ,Pick the Dolby trailer.

https://mega.nz/#F!aBAGBJBb!vGOiLiLo9HT7fBA1qww3-Q
Cam1977 likes this.

Last edited by losservatore; 08-23-2017 at 02:34 PM.
losservatore is offline  
post #20 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Ive seen issues on Vudu all the movies I have on the in UHD has flickering where to stop most of it I have to drop the brightness down to 48 also netflix showing in DV has flickering as well. People have mentioned it in the C6 owners thread where they seen it in Mad Max. Something is up especially since Ive gone through 3 sets and all did the same thing
Andre Glueck is offline  
post #21 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Glueck View Post
Ive seen issues on Vudu all the movies I have on the in UHD has flickering where to stop most of it I have to drop the brightness down to 48 also netflix showing in DV has flickering as well. People have mentioned it in the C6 owners thread where they seen it in Mad Max. Something is up especially since Ive gone through 3 sets and all did the same thing
That's really unfortunate that your experiencing that, I've tested both of my oleds and have seen no such thing, now that's not me saying that it's not happening to you, however I've tested multiple movies both on vudu and Netflix and have not seen any flickering.
Gillietalls likes this.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #22 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
That's really unfortunate that your experiencing that, I've tested both of my oleds and have seen no such thing, now that's not me saying that it's not happening to you, however I've tested multiple movies both on vudu and Netflix and have not seen any flickering.
Just google dolby vision flickering issue and you'll find lots of people that have mentioned it in one way or another. I guess the only spots I havent seen it flicker yet is Lego Batman in DV and and Bosch Season 2
Andre Glueck is offline  
post #23 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Glueck View Post
Just google dolby vision flickering issue and you'll find lots of people that have mentioned it in one way or another. I guess the only spots I havent seen it flicker yet is Lego Batman in DV and and Bosch Season 2
I've known of the issue for quite a while now, that to me can maybe be the actual content related or even maybe the internet connection...who knows. However I will say that I have not seen either shows you pointed out.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #24 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Censored By LG Payola
 
Al Leong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Downingtown PA
Posts: 1,669
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1423 Post(s)
Liked: 1787
The DV demo app on the W7 content is all outstanding IMO.. I don't know where it get lost in Neflix and VUDU DV streams which are not nearly as eye popping for some reason.. There was a rumor that Guardians 2 UHD disc was going to be DV but its not.. the Gold standard for DV is Fate of the Furious which is a must have for all DV TV owners.

Current:
Sony A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD x2 | W7 | 65G6 | UN65JS9500FXZA | UN65JU7100FXZA | XBR-X900B | VPL-VW675ES | VPL-VW350ES | UBD-K8500 x2 | OPPO UDP-203 x3 | UBP-X800 x2 | OPPO BDP-103D | OPPO BDP-105D

Sony Vision 2.1 A1E settings
Al Leong is offline  
post #25 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 06:49 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This drives me crazy... it never ever came across to the OP that it might be the color grading on this particular movie?? I am a content creator, and you can go blaming "crushed blacks" on a film, and immediately think it is the hardware of the TV.... I am not saying that it can't be the TV, but use common sense people... please use common sense. I know... I know... it is hard to critically think, but try!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256k View Post
I'll copy what i've said on LG UP970 post:

OLED E6 user here

- I was wrong, Dolby Vision dark movie/bright movie can't be used without change a few things (And still will look bad)
- Dolby Vision is totally broken and we have to speak with LG to ask for a fix
- Resident Evil Vendetta does not have black bars since its a fullscreen movie
- The movie shows an INSANE BLACK CRUSH because of broken Dolby Vision, we're talking about easily loosing from 0-5% black levels, which means that on dark scenes (this movie have A LOT), we dont see a ****, it's just everything dark, the only way to see all the crushed detail is to use Dolby Vision Vivid (Which of course shows an image with tons of errors on colours, but it shows the darkest details)
- To give yourself an idea, to see all the lost black detail i have to raise brightness up to 55-56 on any other Dolby Vision mode (52 already creates black glow...)
- Increase OLED LIGHT to see a bit more of image induces to huge clipping

So please, everyone with a OLED TV, go to LG website and talk with chat service to give this feedback, with the hope it gets fixed, on my part i've already sended feedback to LG Spain, later i'll talk with LG UK and US

Now that i've seen this, it explains why the hell "IRON FIST" on Dolby Vision was SO DARK on chapter 6 fights, jesus christ i almost wasnt able to see the characters clothes on some scenes
Todd Manus is offline  
post #26 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 1,957
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Manus View Post
Hahaha You can't show us video, your camera isn't calibrated... hahaha I never understand why people seem to think it is OK to use video and photos in attachments??? There is not a camera on the planet that can show us a defect in PQ, like actually being there.... Nothing.
And people regardless of your view will still post pics, cause that's what its all about, and folks for the most part can get real help from here by doing so.
rboster likes this.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #27 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Senior Member
 
jasonmichaelh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Manus View Post
Hahaha You can't show us video, your camera isn't calibrated... hahaha I never understand why people seem to think it is OK to use video and photos in attachments??? There is not a camera on the planet that can show us a defect in PQ, like actually being there.... Nothing.
Uhhhh....well yeah, no camera is going to show you what it's like being there. But if you think critically then it can be used as a tool to better describe experiences, including PQ defects.

Sony XBR-75Z9D | Oppo BDP-203 and 103D | UBD-K8500
Mirage OMD-28 (LR) | OMD-C2 (C) | OMD-5 (SS, FH, RH)
Yamaha CX-A5100 | NAD T973 x 2
SVS PB12Plus/2 | Dayton UM18-22 Sealed x2 w/ iNuke 6000DSP
Monster Power HTPS 2000
jasonmichaelh is offline  
post #28 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 10:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 8,102
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4476 Post(s)
Liked: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
The DV demo app on the W7 content is all outstanding IMO.. I don't know where it get lost in Neflix and VUDU DV streams which are not nearly as eye popping for some reason.. There was a rumor that Guardians 2 UHD disc was going to be DV but its not.. the Gold standard for DV is Fate of the Furious which is a must have for all DV TV owners.
I wouldnt consider F8 DV version the gold standard due to its elevated black bars in a few scenes. Thats unacceptable, and thus makes it sub standard, not gold standard.

LG 65E6P FW 05.30.02
LG 65EF9500
wxman is online now  
post #29 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5,468
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3173 Post(s)
Liked: 2732
And that fluctuating letterbar brightness error was probably one reason why Disney delayed debuting with Dolby Vision.

Couple that with the few scenes where it reveals the ghastly vertical jailbars on my 77", and I just can't recommend it (to say nothing of the cluster of an impossible plotline that it represents).
video_analysis is offline  
post #30 of 44 Old 08-23-2017, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
256k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Well, that's it, it's just that i'm a paranoid that have a defective TV and all that, since it's not possible that like with LG updates for the HDR10 the EOTF curve could be better etc etc etc, ok

Last edited by 256k; 08-24-2017 at 12:32 AM.
256k is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off