Are OLEDs as bright as Plasmas? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes
  • 14 Post By Dianabol5mg
  • 1 Post By Wizziwig
  • 1 Post By CHASLS2
  • 1 Post By chunon
  • 2 Post By chunon
  • 3 Post By BigCoolJesus
  • 1 Post By dman777
  • 1 Post By 6athome
  • 1 Post By RoadLizard
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 09-13-2017, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dman777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Are OLEDs as bright as Plasmas?

I have a LG 60PK550 Plasma that I love. I was thinking about getting ether a LG B7 or Sony AE1 to replace it because I also love OLED. There is no way for me to compare a plasma side by side with a OLED TV.

Can anyone who has/had a plasma, tell me please - Is a OLED as bright as a Plasma? I like brightness and wouldn't want to have remorse if it wasn't as bright as my plasma.

Thanks,
-Darin
dman777 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 Old 09-13-2017, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 1,955
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman777 View Post
I have a LG 60PK550 Plasma that I love. I was thinking about getting ether a LG B7 or Sony AE1 to replace it because I also love OLED. There is no way for me to compare a plasma side by side with a OLED TV.

Can anyone who has/had a plasma, tell me please - Is a OLED as bright as a Plasma? I like brightness and wouldn't want to have remorse if it wasn't as bright as my plasma.

Thanks,
-Darin
As a former plasma owner I will tell you that oleds are most definitely brighter.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #3 of 24 Old 09-13-2017, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
rene2kx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 61
peak brightness is more on oleds compared to pdp's. lcd is still boss in that regard. oled would be more tolerant to viewing in a brighter environment than a pdp. if you're coming from an old pdp, you will be fine with brightness. but motion and color reproduction are different. some people prefer how pdp's process the motion. in colors also oleds look different, as in their color reproduction is more similar to a lcd than a pdp.
rene2kx is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 Old 09-13-2017, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman777 View Post
I have a LG 60PK550 Plasma that I love. I was thinking about getting ether a LG B7 or Sony AE1 to replace it because I also love OLED. There is no way for me to compare a plasma side by side with a OLED TV.

Can anyone who has/had a plasma, tell me please - Is a OLED as bright as a Plasma? I like brightness and wouldn't want to have remorse if it wasn't as bright as my plasma.

Thanks,
-Darin
OLEDs are much brighter than Plasmas, and apparently more prone to permanent burn-in, too.

LG OLED65B6P
no1special is offline  
post #5 of 24 Old 09-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 14
OLED is alot brighter then plasma.

contrast and colors are slightly better on the OLED but i still love the motion and film like pq from plasma.
Jacinto1023 is online now  
post #6 of 24 Old 09-13-2017, 11:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto1023 View Post
OLED is alot brighter then plasma.

contrast and colors are slightly better on the OLED but i still love the motion and film like pq from plasma.
Contrast, yes, but the colors from the phosphors on our Pioneer Plasma looked more natural than our LG OLED.

LG OLED65B6P
no1special is offline  
post #7 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I had my plasma (panasonic P50VT30E) and my oled (55C6V) side by side. The plasma was set to contrast 50/60 and I had to set oled-light to 20/100 to visually get the same luminance. So yes the oled is much brighter.
The oled picture has more punch and looks more detailed but the drawback is that scenes which have alot of noise especially near black scenes just look cleaner on the plasma.
jk82 is offline  
post #8 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 01:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dianabol5mg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1special View Post
OLEDs are much brighter than Plasmas, and apparently more prone to permanent burn-in, too.
You are a spreader of false information. Give me your data that they are more prone to burn-in than plasmas. You cant. You infect the board with the same threads(and replys) trying to get others to think this is somehow a common problem. It isn't. You probably have 4 different names on this board supporting your assertions and baloney, all the while giving each other a like here an there. The only burn-in I see, is your username burnt in to every thread(that has nothing to do with burn-in) claiming burn-in. You serve no purpose but to try to dissuade others from buying a superior television. It is people like yourself why I frequent these boards less and less. Its the same ole bllsht every day with your misinformation and the mods need to put you to rest. You want to talk burn-in? Stay in one of those threads. You have no business in a thread that someone wants actual help and information.

LG 65EF9500
LG 55EG9100
Samsung 60F8500
Samsung 51F8500
LG BH200
Sony BDP-S5200 Multi-Region
Dianabol5mg is offline  
post #9 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 02:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,622
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 954
Compared to pre-2017 LG OLED, the only plasma that could get brighter under some conditions, setup, and content was the Samsung F8500. This was due to the hyper aggressive ABL that LG implemented on the 2016 and earlier lineup. It would start dimming the screen at 25% APL compared to the F8500 at about 50% APL. End result was that if you calibrated for a 150nit peak, the OLED might dim down to 80nits or less on very bright scenes where the F8500 was still at 150. On the 2017 lineup, the ABL was relaxed to the point that no plasma I'm aware of could match OLED even up to 100% APL when calibrated for a stable 150 nits or below. Under ambient light conditions, the OLED advantage is even greater because blacks don't wash out and turn gray as quickly as on plasma.
bigapp likes this.
Wizziwig is online now  
post #10 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 03:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CHASLS2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa FL area
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
As a former plasma owner I will tell you that oleds are most definitely brighter.
True...
Cam1977 likes this.

Sony 65" A1E
OPPO 83 &103
Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm 490cc B&W 685 S2's
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB13Ultra
Acurus 200A3 Paradigm studio 60 V5's
CHASLS2 is online now  
post #11 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 04:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 9,093
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Liked: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
Compared to pre-2017 LG OLED, the only plasma that could get brighter under some conditions, setup, and content was the Samsung F8500. This was due to the hyper aggressive ABL that LG implemented on the 2016 and earlier lineup. It would start dimming the screen at 25% APL compared to the F8500 at about 50% APL. End result was that if you calibrated for a 150nit peak, the OLED might dim down to 80nits or less on very bright scenes where the F8500 was still at 150. On the 2017 lineup, the ABL was relaxed to the point that no plasma I'm aware of could match OLED even up to 100% APL when calibrated for a stable 150 nits or below. Under ambient light conditions, the OLED advantage is even greater because blacks don't wash out and turn gray as quickly as on plasma.
I owned the f8500 no comparison to my C6 as far as brightness I mean not even close .




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cam1977 likes this.

65C6 OLED
Time Warner Cable/Panasonic UB900/ Roku Premiere +/Sony S780 Soundbar/Harmony 650
Calman Enthusiast/Chromapure Standard with Auto Cal
chunon is online now  
post #12 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,622
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I owned the f8500 no comparison to my C6 as far as brightness I mean not even close .
Read my comments again - "calibrated for a 150nit peak" which is already above what most calibrators recommend. I wasn't referring to maximum possible peak brightness where the OLED can hit up to 400 nits on <25% APL scenes only. Having brightness swing between 130 and 400 nits depending on content does not make for comfortable viewing even if you don't care how distracting it is.
Wizziwig is online now  
post #13 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 9,093
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Liked: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
Read my comments again - "calibrated for a 150nit peak" which is already above what most calibrators recommend. I wasn't referring to maximum possible peak brightness where the OLED can hit up to 400 nits on <25% APL scenes only. Having brightness swing between 130 and 400 nits depending on content does not make for comfortable viewing even if you don't care how distracting it is.

Okay fair enough but from a overall brightness standpoint there is really no comparison. The F8500 was a good plasma but ranks down my list vs the Panasonics I owned.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65C6 OLED
Time Warner Cable/Panasonic UB900/ Roku Premiere +/Sony S780 Soundbar/Harmony 650
Calman Enthusiast/Chromapure Standard with Auto Cal
chunon is online now  
post #14 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
william06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South central Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I had a panny 65zt60 which i loved. It cannot touch the brightness abd beauty of my lgoled65G7. Even with a couple flaws. My son now has the ZT and thinks he died and went to heaven. Technology moves on.
william06 is online now  
post #15 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post
You are a spreader of false information. Give me your data that they are more prone to burn-in than plasmas. You cant. You infect the board with the same threads(and replys) trying to get others to think this is somehow a common problem. It isn't. You probably have 4 different names on this board supporting your assertions and baloney, all the while giving each other a like here an there. The only burn-in I see, is your username burnt in to every thread(that has nothing to do with burn-in) claiming burn-in. You serve no purpose but to try to dissuade others from buying a superior television. It is people like yourself why I frequent these boards less and less. Its the same ole bllsht every day with your misinformation and the mods need to put you to rest. You want to talk burn-in? Stay in one of those threads. You have no business in a thread that someone wants actual help and information.
Plasmas suffered more from temporary (sometimes long-term) image retention, rather than permanent burn in. Running pixel orbiter or certain slides would fix it on a Plasma in most cases. The reports of burn in, not threshold shift IR, that we have so far from OLED owners, shows that it cannot be easily fixed like it can with Plasma. Hence, my statement that OLED is APPARENTLY more prone to permanent burn in. The data is there in those burn in threads. For whatever reason, you just don't like the news getting out.

Talk about false information. You're claiming I have 4 usernames with no proof. Introducing speculation to try to discredit me. You claim that I post in every thread here claiming burn in. That's simply false. Anyone can check my post history. And if you feel my posts are against AVS Forum's posting guidelines, by all means, report me to the moderators.

I am serving a purpose. I'm raising awareness of a very real problem that I myself have experienced as have others. I mentioned it in this thread because with increased brightness, burn in is more likely to occur with images that have static parts. I answered the OP's question and provided a potential drawback to that increased brightness. Completely relevant post.

You are serving no purpose by attacking those that mention burn in. What were you trying to achieve with that post? What vested interest do you have in trying to discredit me mentioning burn in? Your motives are suspect. If you don't like what others are posting, that's too bad. Just deal with it. If I had to reply to every post I didn't like in online forums, I'd get no sleep.

I've made no claims to how common the problem of OLED burn in is, just that OLEDs are prone to burn in, which is a fact, and we have numerous reports of OLED owners getting burn in with normal use of their TV.

LG OLED65B6P
no1special is offline  
post #16 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 9,093
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Liked: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1special View Post
Plasmas suffered more from temporary (sometimes long-term) image retention, rather than permanent burn in. Running pixel orbiter or certain slides would fix it on a Plasma in most cases. The reports of burn in, not threshold shift IR, that we have so far from OLED owners, shows that it cannot be easily fixed like it can with Plasma. Hence, my statement that OLED is APPARENTLY more prone to permanent burn in. The data is there in those burn in threads. For whatever reason, you just don't like the news getting out.

Talk about false information. You're claiming I have 4 usernames with no proof. Introducing speculation to try to discredit me. You claim that I post in every thread here claiming burn in. That's simply false. Anyone can check my post history. And if you feel my posts are against AVS Forum's posting guidelines, by all means, report me to the moderators.

I am serving a purpose. I'm raising awareness of a very real problem that I myself have experienced as have others. I mentioned it in this thread because with increased brightness, burn in is more likely to occur with images that have static parts. I answered the OP's question and provided a potential drawback to that increased brightness. Completely relevant post.

You are serving no purpose by attacking those that mention burn in. What were you trying to achieve with that post? What vested interest do you have in trying to discredit me mentioning burn in? Your motives are suspect. If you don't like what others are posting, that's too bad. Just deal with it. If I had to reply to every post I didn't like in online forums, I'd get no sleep.

I've made no claims to how common the problem of OLED burn in is, just that OLEDs are prone to burn in, which is a fact, and we have numerous reports of OLED owners getting burn in with normal use of their TV.

Plasma were prone to burn in also , I have owned 2 oleds and have yet to even see Ir that doesn't invalidate your experience but it doesn't invalidate others either.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigCoolJesus and nodixe like this.

65C6 OLED
Time Warner Cable/Panasonic UB900/ Roku Premiere +/Sony S780 Soundbar/Harmony 650
Calman Enthusiast/Chromapure Standard with Auto Cal
chunon is online now  
post #17 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigCoolJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,309
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Plasma were prone to burn in also , I have owned 2 oleds and have yet to even see Ir that doesn't invalidate your experience but it doesn't invalidate others either.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree.

I can provide anecdotal evidence of 7 plasmas I used at family and friends houses regularly that have permanent burn in. Whereas I've never even had IR for more than 5 seconds on my OLED's.

So based on my experience plasma is 7x more prone to burn in than OLED...but that's not how it works so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
bigapp, nodixe and Iknowaguy like this.
BigCoolJesus is online now  
post #18 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 9,093
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Liked: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Agree.

I can provide anecdotal evidence of 7 plasmas I used at family and friends houses regularly that have permanent burn in. Whereas I've never even had IR for more than 5 seconds on my OLED's.

So based on my experience plasma is 7x more prone to burn in than OLED...but that's not how it works so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


I had a floor model VT60 that had burn in from m the ESPN ticker, granted it was faint but the current owner says it never went away.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65C6 OLED
Time Warner Cable/Panasonic UB900/ Roku Premiere +/Sony S780 Soundbar/Harmony 650
Calman Enthusiast/Chromapure Standard with Auto Cal
chunon is online now  
post #19 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Agree.

I can provide anecdotal evidence of 7 plasmas I used at family and friends houses regularly that have permanent burn in. Whereas I've never even had IR for more than 5 seconds on my OLED's.

So based on my experience plasma is 7x more prone to burn in than OLED...but that's not how it works so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I had a floor model VT60 that had burn in from m the ESPN ticker, granted it was faint but the current owner says it never went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look, I'm not trying to hijack this into a burn in thread. I only mentioned burn in as a potential drawback to the increased brightness of OLED. Sure OLEDs can get much brighter than Plasmas, but from the burn in threads, we also know that setting the OLED backlight high in order to take full advantage of that increased brightness also puts the set at higher risk for permanent burn in. This is almost certainly fact and something the OP or anyone hoping for a very bright picture should be aware of. What good is the increased brightness if you have to turn down OLED Light to almost Plasma-like levels in order to reduce the risk of burn in? Of course, if you never display risky content, then you have nothing to worry about.

From my experience, Plasmas, especially later generation Plasmas were more prone to temporary image retention than permanent burn in. Even what appeared to be "permanent" would go away if you ran specialized patterns or a full white screen or pixel orbiter for a few hours or days. Of course, if you didn't do that, then it would stay on the screen and appear to be permanent. With OLED it appears that once permanent burn in sets in, it can't be easily fixed. We've had burn in on our set for 4-5 months now. It's visible with just about everything we watch.

Our old Pioneer Plasma also had what I always thought was permanent burn in. I did the white screen fix and it did make it less visible, but there was a warning not to run that fix too often as it significantly reduced panel life. And since we weren't going to stop watching certain specific TV channels with static logos, it made no sense to clear it up just to have it come back again. Maybe if I ran it longer, it would have gone away completely.

LG OLED65B6P
no1special is offline  
post #20 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 3,682
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman777 View Post
I have a LG 60PK550 Plasma that I love. I was thinking about getting ether a LG B7 or Sony AE1 to replace it because I also love OLED. There is no way for me to compare a plasma side by side with a OLED TV.

Can anyone who has/had a plasma, tell me please - Is a OLED as bright as a Plasma? I like brightness and wouldn't want to have remorse if it wasn't as bright as my plasma.

Thanks,
-Darin
You will be very pleased going form plasma to Oled. As most of us that owned plasmas have upgraded to the technology. BI/IR not even an issue with Oled compared to plasma in my opinion. I've had mine for 2 years and can't remember a time when I had IR. They are definitely brighter than plasma as they are meant to have enough nits to display HDR.

Media room- LG 4K OLED EG9600, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Samsung 4K K8500, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, HTPC, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4

Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
Latinoheat is offline  
post #21 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dman777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto1023 View Post
... but i still love the motion and film like pq from plasma.
Interesting, can you please describe to me the film like pq from a plasma in detail? What I would be missing if I bought a OLED.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
The oled picture has more punch and looks more detailed but the drawback is that scenes which have alot of noise especially near black scenes just look cleaner on the plasma.
Would my favorite blu ray remastered 'Rumble Fish'(which is black and white) look better on my plasma because of this?

--------

*No need for any IR discussions or comments, please. I'm not worried about IR.
bigapp likes this.

Last edited by dman777; 09-14-2017 at 07:55 PM.
dman777 is offline  
post #22 of 24 Old 09-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman777 View Post
Would my favorite blu ray remastered 'Rumble Fish'(which is black and white) look better on my plasma because of this?
.
I find the near black lever on the 2017 OLEDs to be improved. I would recommend just bringing a copy of the movie into a store and asking them to check it out. Just make sure it's a local chain or a Best Buy with a Magnolia Home Theater, they should have no problem doing that for you as long as it's a non-violent/sexual scene
Iknowaguy is offline  
post #23 of 24 Old 09-15-2017, 03:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
6athome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 157
I did own a Panasonic Plasma once.I remember when the screen was on a total black frames,the Panasonic would show a bright gray screen just like a CFL LCD.
The movie, I Am Legend(2007) has a scene, which Will Smith, closes the shutters, on the house and the screen goes black. Now on the Plasma you had a bright gray screen,same for the CFL LCD, no total black. In 2007 I bought a Samsung LED FALD(yes Samsung made FALD)LCD.The 81F was the first FALD LED LCD that was affordable,yes I bought one.
The Samsung was the only TV I had that would go totally black, when Will Smith closed the shutters, TOTALLY black room,could not see the TV(lights out ).
Now I have a 65C6, that's like the 81F, goes totally black. So what's that old saying,once you go black,you never go back!
lsorensen likes this.
6athome is offline  
post #24 of 24 Old 09-15-2017, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,371
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 827 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
As a former plasma owner I will tell you that oleds are most definitely brighter.
Ditto. Not even close, really.
Cam1977 likes this.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
Samsung UBD-8500K, LG BD 570
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off