LG C7 for 1530 dollars or Sony X900E for 800 dollars? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Drzcoyotex3

post #1 of 14 Old 09-21-2017, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
LG C7 for 1530 dollars or Sony X900E for 800 dollars?

Where I am at there is a sale going on for the prices included above. I?m currently looking for a TV to watch Netflix on. I will not be doing any HDR gaming and I currently do not have a 4k blu-ray player. I know that the OLED looks better than the X900E, however I am trying to decide wether it is worth it paying almost twice as much considering all I do is watch Netflix.

My room is not dark at the moment, I however can change the curtains and prevent light from coming in the room. I?m looking at the 55 inch models for both TVs and I currently view the tv from about 8 feet out.

Please help me decide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzcoyotex3 View Post
Where I am at there is a sale going on for the prices included above. I?m currently looking for a TV to watch Netflix on. I will not be doing any HDR gaming and I currently do not have a 4k blu-ray player. I know that the OLED looks better than the X900E, however I am trying to decide wether it is worth it paying almost twice as much considering all I do is watch Netflix.

My room is not dark at the moment, I however can change the curtains and prevent light from coming in the room. I?m looking at the 55 inch models for both TVs and I currently view the tv from about 8 feet out.

Please help me decide.
C7 all the way... overall better PQ and you won't have to upgrade your TV for a long time, and you will be able to take advantage of multiple HDR formats over streaming via Netflix and other streaming services like Amazon. Get the C7.

In case you're wondering, my setup: Sony 65x950b, Denon x3200W, 2 Martin Logan 35XT, 1 ML Motion 8 Center Channel, and 1 ML Dynamo 700W Sub.
post #3 of 14 Old 09-21-2017, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Do you believe I would have to upgrade faster if I went with the X900E?

post #4 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Do you believe I would have to upgrade faster if I went with the X900E?
I had the x900e and went to the b7 and omg the b7 is so much better. Dont get my wrong the 900e has great picture but it is not in the same class as a 2017 oled. Blacks on the 900e in a dark room are not great and android tv is the worst!
post #5 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. So do you believe the price difference is justifiable?

I would like to know who would benefit from getting an OLED? Who is it suited for? Has a thread similar been made, stating who would be better off getting an OLED
post #6 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input. So do you believe the price difference is justifiable?

I would like to know who would benefit from getting an OLED? Who is it suited for? Has a thread similar been made, stating who would be better off getting an OLED
Oled is for the person that wants the best picture possible. Perfect black levels(watch in a dark room). Has great picture from every angle. If you dont want the best picture available and are happy with good picture quality the sony would be fine for you. Word of warning android tv sucks big time. I had the sony for a week and had to do three hard resets in that time becasue of lag issue. Ive had a oled in my living good for over a year and when we got the sony even my wife said yeah its ok but lets just return it and get another oled....
post #7 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your input. Would you say that the websmart os(or whatever it is called) is a good OS? Also have you had any issues with your OLED?
post #8 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for your input. Would you say that the websmart os(or whatever it is called) is a good OS? Also have you had any issues with your OLED?
Ive owned so many tv over the last 12 years is not even funny and web os on lg oled is by far the best os in a tv. Its simple to use very fast and never lags. I dont wanna sound like Im just one of those people that love lg and they can do no wrong. Three years ago i would never even consider owning a lg. I was always big into sony and panasonic. Lg oled are just that good now. Ive had my 65 e6 for 14 months now with no issues besides them changing the hdr game mode and making it dimmer. Ive also had my 55 b7 for around 6 weeks and its been just as good. I think the money is totaly worth it. You could by the oled and be happy for many years. Ive been in the habbit of upgrading tvs every year and now with oled i finally feel like i can be happy with one until the next big thing comes around in 5 years.
post #9 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Drzcoyotex3, you keep asking the same question over and over again in this thread. The LG OLED has a much better picture. Only you can decide whether it's worth the price difference (we don't know your budget or your bank account).
post #10 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

AdamD thank you so much for the input. You have definitely given me a lot of information which I did not have prior. Funny you mentioned the android OS. I spoke to a Sony representative and he tried to make it sound like owning a TV with that os is a plus haha.

BillP, perhaps I should apologize for trying to get some input on which TV to buy? I?m hOnestly just trying to get some more information since I?ve never owned a Sony or an OLED. I hear many people say OLED are the best thing out there, I was trying to figure out who is it best for, do my needs require an OLED or will a less expensive one suffice etc...
post #11 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 356
If I were in your shoes, I would buy the Sony for half the price of the LG and live confidently knowing that you got an excellent TV for a great price. Buried deep down, I would forever regret not buying the LG for an incredible price, arguably the best 55" TV ever made. Does that help at all?

Also, the AndroidTV on the X900 is pretty good, but WebOS is more consistent. IMO, no OS is better than any OS.
post #12 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Nathanandrews thank you so much for the input. Regarding what you said that is what has made the decision so hard. The LG is at an excellent price right now so it seems insane to not buy it. But then again the Sony is pretty cheap as well and it is a great tv. I guess it is like comparing apples and oranges. Who would?ve thought that choosing a TV would be so difficult.

Once again though I definitely appreciate everyone?s input and it is guiding me to most likely choosing the C7 over the X900E
post #13 of 14 Old 09-22-2017, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Nathanandrews thank you so much for the input. Regarding what you said that is what has made the decision so hard. The LG is at an excellent price right now so it seems insane to not buy it. But then again the Sony is pretty cheap as well and it is a great tv. I guess it is like comparing apples and oranges. Who would?ve thought that choosing a TV would be so difficult.

Once again though I definitely appreciate everyone?s input and it is guiding me to most likely choosing the C7 over the X900E
Let me sum it up with the attached screen shots from four reviews off BB of the 900E, I had a similar experience before coming over to the dark blacks side .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 2.07.23 PM.png
Views:	106
Size:	855.6 KB
ID:	2286536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 2.13.03 PM.png
Views:	91
Size:	755.7 KB
ID:	2286538  

My Main HT-Setup
LG OLEDE7P - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Technology Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - A60 for ATMOS - SVS Ultra-13 SUB- Xbox One S - DirecTV 4K - Sony Blu-ray - Panamax Power Center - Microwave oven for Popcorn

Last edited by satboy; 09-22-2017 at 11:14 AM.
post #14 of 14 Old 09-23-2017, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you to everybody that gave me advice. I ended up buying the OLED for $1300. I will be picking it up tomorrow. Thank you very much everybody.
OddyOh likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page