New Vizio P42HD Model "e" Discussion - NO PRICING/COUPON TALK ALLOWED - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1801 of 1829 Old 10-04-2005, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Spalding
Costco takes anything back. they even keep a copy of your receipt. you took an unneccsary $400 hit.
WOW... they even take back things u dont buy from them? :eek:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1829 Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Most of us bought this set at Costco. I falsely assumed you were one o those that did too. I thought that was the only place you could get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1803 of 1829 Old 10-07-2005, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Spalding
I have tried everything, nothing works!
Robert,

I have tried the codes and nothing.. I even tried the NEC and LG codes and nothing... do you have a work around or suggestion of what to do next? Do i need to go out and spend the money on a unviersal harmony remote or something?

Thanks,
post #1804 of 1829 Old 10-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

that Harmony remote sure is nice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1805 of 1829 Old 10-12-2005, 11:26 AM

I have had the P42HD since 02/05 and it looks fine to me, but I have heard if you run your SD stations thru your S-video instead of the DVI it looks better. Has anyone here done that with this set? I have HD with D* and Comcast non HD cable. Also, any thoughts on the new 50" Vizio. I have not had a chance to see it yet at Costco, have any of you?

John Boy
post #1806 of 1829 Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 AM

John Boy, do yourself a favor, take the 42" back and switch it out for the 50" Vizio.

I did and am loving the 50". PQ in my opion is night and day.

and yes, S-Video, for SD Programming did look a little better on the 42" But on thr 50', the SD look really good via HDMI.
post #1807 of 1829 Old 10-12-2005, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosnow88
John Boy, do yourself a favor, take the 42" back and switch it out for the 50" Vizio.

I did and am loving the 50". PQ in my opion is night and day.

and yes, S-Video, for SD Programming did look a little better on the 42" But on thr 50', the SD look really good via HDMI.

I have both the 42 and the 50 and PQ is night and day but both are great plasma for the price...

Just put the 42 in the bedroom which is what i did and get the 50 for the family room...

Picture on the 50 via HDMI is so nice.. the Penn State game last weekend was out of this world...
post #1808 of 1829 Old 10-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
wow suprised to see people still talking about it. The Vizio 42" was good for just regular TV Viewing, but for games and monitor viewing, the burn in issues kind of got to me (Which is why I went for the 37" Sceptre lcdtv). But yeah I returned this with no hassles at Costco. My parents happened to be visiting for the weekend and they wouldnt believe me that I could so I took em with me to return it and boy were they suprised. Costco just asked me a simple questions about why I am returning it. I actually felt I had a valid reason to return it because I had them come try to service my TV twice AND even had replacement set and that 480p banding problem NEVER got fixed. I won't say that Vizio did not try, but after failing that many times....

I am happy to report that I don't get those Banding issues at all at 480p anymore on my new LCDTV so it is a problem inherent in the Vizio itself or at least a very common defect. Both TVs I tried (including the reaplacement TV VIzio sent me) had the problem.
post #1809 of 1829 Old 10-16-2005, 07:35 AM

Well I continue to have the hdcp issue with the HR10-250 after D* sent me a new receiver and know i get greenish lines across the screen i have tried resetting and unplugging and nothing gets rid of them.. So this morning called my brother and it's going back the TV has been out for 10 months and no ones cares to figure out the handshake problem other then purchasing a device for 60 dollars to fix it. I'm going to see what costco has left and possible get another P50 and then i won't have any problems since that once works great..

Thanks to all...
post #1810 of 1829 Old 11-01-2005, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 44
To anyone who has or had a Vizio P42HDe. I have this set and when I turn it on, I am hearing 3 clicks before it shows a picture. On the 1st click, the power light turns green, then there is a couple of seconds pause and then 2 more clicks and then the picture comes on. On one occation that I am aware of, it took 3 clicks before the picture came on. After that, I get a very good picture. My fear of course is this should not be happening and somewhere down the road it will quit working all together. Does anyone have any experience one way or the other with this? Thanks for a quick reply as I only have a couple of days to return this.
post #1811 of 1829 Old 11-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mine does the same thing

post #1812 of 1829 Old 11-01-2005, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbe
To anyone who has or had a Vizio P42HDe. I have this set and when I turn it on, I am hearing 3 clicks before it shows a picture. On the 1st click, the power light turns green, then there is a couple of seconds pause and then 2 more clicks and then the picture comes on. On one occation that I am aware of, it took 3 clicks before the picture came on. After that, I get a very good picture. My fear of course is this should not be happening and somewhere down the road it will quit working all together. Does anyone have any experience one way or the other with this? Thanks for a quick reply as I only have a couple of days to return this.
Yes... mine did the same thing. I think is was identifing which inputs you are using. I traded up to the 50" Vizio. What a pleasant difference in PQ it is.

John Boy
post #1813 of 1829 Old 11-01-2005, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Robert,

How long have you had yours? Did it always do this?

If it was searching for the input, then wouldn't it cycle thru until it hits the right one. In other words a different number of clicks based on what input you were on. I assume it remembers which input it was on last before turning off. I hear the same clicks no matter which imput I was on last. I got off the phone with Vizio tech support and while not very helpful, the guy finally said he never heard of it happening but since the picture was coming on it was "probably" ok. Basically telling me to return the set to where I got it or wait till it breaks completely and then get it fixed.
post #1814 of 1829 Old 11-02-2005, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

My Vizio just died. It keeps cycling looking for an input and doesn't respond to the remote. Its going back tomorrow to Costco after only 7 months. Costco still has the same return policy, doesn't it?

Ken Elliott
post #1815 of 1829 Old 11-03-2005, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliot
My Vizio just died. It keeps cycling looking for an input and doesn't respond to the remote. Its going back tomorrow to Costco after only 7 months. Costco still has the same return policy, doesn't it?
Yes, took mine back with no box and no receipt, got the 50"

John Boy
post #1816 of 1829 Old 11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

I talked to Vizio tech support and they said it should not be making a noise like that when you turn it on. I am sending mine back and getting a different model. I can't get a 50" model. No room where I am putting it. Luckily, the place where I bought mine has been very good about this sale.
post #1817 of 1829 Old 11-03-2005, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boy
Yes, took mine back with no box and no receipt, got the 50"
How did they give you a refund on it without a receipt or box??
post #1818 of 1829 Old 11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Midgets
How did they give you a refund on it without a receipt or box??
Costco keeps track of all your purchases. You can go in without a receipt and they can search their computer for the purchase and figure out when you bought it and how much you paid for it. I believe they keep this information online and easily accessible for a year. After that you can still get a refund, but typically only for the lowest amount the item sold for. i.e. if they discount the last of their supply but you paid full for it and have no receipt and they can not find the purchase in their computers, they'll only refund you the lower amount. They still recommend that you keep your receipt for returns.
post #1819 of 1829 Old 11-03-2005, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Took it back without a hitch. They did look it over to compare the receipt and the serial number, as well as for the remote and all parts.

That's one reason Costco is nice, they accept returns on defective stuff as opposed to forcing you to deal with the manufacturer.

I just hope that they don't have a quota on returns before they cancel your membership.

Ken Elliott
post #1820 of 1829 Old 02-08-2006, 01:15 PM

RE: Blue Image Retention

Can anyone clue me in on what is causing this? I too bought a P42HDe at Costco in Jan? of 2005. Lately the blue image retention is getting very noticable to the point that I am likely to return it.

I have seen a number of posts on the problem, but not one that has identified the source of the problem (or the fix).

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Will
post #1821 of 1829 Old 03-21-2006, 05:44 PM

Same story. Blue ghosting was getting progressively worse, so I eventually returned it to Costco and got the new 42W-inch Vizio. I prefer the design of the P42HDe, but the PQ on its successor is better, I think - and no artifacts.
post #1822 of 1829 Old 03-22-2006, 08:55 AM

Finally returning 42" for a V 50" (don't all applaud at once !). Currently use 42's speakers as fronts hooked up to receiver with added center, rears and sub. Question is: can I use the 50's attached speakers as a (or a pair of) center(s) with othee fronts, etc.? Also, this is for a bedroom setup approx. 13.5' from the headboard; waddaya guys think? Any input greatly appreciated.
post #1823 of 1829 Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 AM

Ive had blue retention for some time, however the other night, one of the lines of resolution got stuck, and now only displays green.

Ive liked this TV, but it looks like I'll need to take it back to Costco. I only have the remote, the speakers and my receipt. the lady at costco said they'll need all accesories including the manual.

Has anyone been able to return this without the manual? Would anyone be willing to sell me their manual? What else came with this TV, I can't remember. I'm sure I can just buy any cables I am missing, but the manual is going to be tricky.
post #1824 of 1829 Old 04-28-2006, 11:28 PM

just started noticing the blue retention on mine also, I was really pleased with the tv too.

Any suggestions on the models at costco when I return it? I would prefer to have one with detachable speakers like this one since I use a av receiver, but picture quality is more important

Thanks,

Mike
post #1825 of 1829 Old 04-29-2006, 11:25 PM

Viper-

Do you still have everything that came with your TV (i.e., manual, included accesories)? If so, could you tell me what they are as per my questions above.

As for other monitors at Costco, it varies from store to store. The new Vizio does not have detachable speakers, in fact none of the plasmas at my costco do. The 8uk is on costcos website. Might want to go for that one.
post #1826 of 1829 Old 04-30-2006, 01:08 AM

Guys, my vizio 42" started to turn itselfs off once in a while. It was good for a month, then 2-3 weeks ago, I noticed it turns itself off once in a while. Anyone have any solutions for this or do I have to bring it back to Costco? It's getting really annoying. Tonite when I was watching a dvd on my htpc, it turned itself off. Then it won't come back on. After I unplugged it from the wall, then plugged it back in it came back on. Thanks in advance if anyone have any solutions to this problem.
post #1827 of 1829 Old 04-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Advanced Member

When I took my Vizio back they didn't even want the box. The manuals, paper work, remote, cables, and set are all they want... atleast at the Costco in Avon Mass.

I'm not an expert, take my advice at your own risk.
post #1828 of 1829 Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdave
Viper-

Do you still have everything that came with your TV (i.e., manual, included accesories)? If so, could you tell me what they are as per my questions above.

As for other monitors at Costco, it varies from store to store. The new Vizio does not have detachable speakers, in fact none of the plasmas at my costco do. The 8uk is on costcos website. Might want to go for that one.
Yup.

Manual, cheap av cords (red, white, and yellow), vga cable, powercord, etc.

Thats just from memory. I have all the stuff in boxes down stairs somewhere

I have purchased tvs online from costco and in the store. I prefer to get one at the store so I dont have to wait.

Mike
post #1829 of 1829 Old 05-01-2006, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the reply, I can definitely put together all the cables and remote and what-not, but tracking down a manual may be tough.
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page