Official 42" Plasma (OP-42TN2)-3G Technology (NO PRICING, FLYER, COUPON, ETC,TALK) - Page 24 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #691 of 717 Old 08-24-2005, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I haven't received the cancellation email yet but what if I already threw away the box for the mount and assembled it already? Will PCC pay for return shipping too?

Guess I better keep an eye on Costco for any future Maxent deals... I hope PCC offers something (i.e. coupon code) for our 3 month wait. :(

110" Carada Screen
Sanyo PLV-1080HD
Sony STR-DG820
SVS PB10
Mirage OS3
XBox 360 + HD-DVD Drive
Wii
PS2
PS3
4TB MediaPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 04:11 AM

Liked: 10
Yeah sad but true. I think Im gonna hold off for a set that I can afford and put my hands on at a local store. What a let down. Sad for you folks that ordered the mount and received it.
post #693 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 12:10 PM

For those like myself wondering if this company was going to do anything for the customers that went through this 3 month ordeal. Heres the response I got regarding this.

I can completely understand your frustration, but unfortunately, PC Connection will not be offering any type of compensation for the cancellation of these orders.

Sincerely,

Melissa
Customer Correspondence Consultant
PC Connection Services
Phone: (800) 800-0011; Fax (603) 683-5775

Its nice that some continue to stick up for PC Connection. Maybe they have been good in the past for some. But bottom line is PC Connection handled this wrong & their customer service has been horrible for many. I will never attempt to do business with PC Connection again.
post #694 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 12:36 PM

www.resellerratings.com

One URL should be enough to put on thoughts so others can learn about PCC!

DM
post #695 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

With the current price drops, maybe we'll see a 1k 42 incher on the market real soon. (I can dream, can't I) ;)

That would tide me over until a bug free SED becomes affordable.

"Guns? Guns are easy."
post #696 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

I just went to Costco and bought the Visio 50 in. plasma HDTV as the coupon ends in three days. My wife did not say anything except, offered to bring the minivan with the kids since they were only 20 minutes from the store. Then she helped me carry it in the house! The PQ at the store was amazing. They had it on a hi def channel and it was not making any fan noise. It really looked better than everything in the store, including name brands, but most were DLP or LCD projection. I can't wait to open the box. I'm on call this weekend, so I'll be stuck at home... playing with my new toy! My quest is over. Thank you all for tolerating me amd for giving me courage.
post #697 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 06:30 PM

PCC offered to send me a small bottle of generic windex and a roll of paper towels to use on the plasma that I buy from another vendor as compensation for my inconvenience.
post #698 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 07:09 PM

PCC offered to let me have one of Icon Smith's paper towels in order to dry my tears after the plasma deal went south. ;-)

Wish I had the wall space for a 50" display.
post #699 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 09:06 PM

They will give you your wallmount for free if you ordered one of them too. FYI. It must be easier than sending them all back or I bet they'd ask you to.

FWIW, they wouldn't BUDGE on the price of their Panny. I asked them to match an existing price elsewhere on the net for my inconveinence. They woudn't move a penny off of their listed price.

Snewo

Beer....it's what's for dinner.
post #700 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 09:10 PM

I've been monitoring this forum since June and after the fiasco with PCConnection I had to register and reply. I ordered my set back in early June after being solicited by a PCConnection rep. My company gives them over $10M in business a year. I couldn't believe they cancelled this order after dragging this on for so long and I went out and purchased over $2500 on other AV equipment based on the fact that this TV was coming in. Enough ranting; to the good stuff.

I've already informed PCConnection that they have lost my companies business, but it doesn't stop there. My brother is a lawyer and after discussing this ordeal with him he stated that we do in-fact have a right to sue in small claims court based on UCC section 2 (see link below). Here's the overview of it. PCConnection basically made a contract with everyone who purchased this TV set. That contract was broken when they cancelled our orders. Since they aren't offering anything comparable in place of this TV, we have the righ to go out and purchase a similar quality TV set, and sue them for the difference between the two in your local small claims court. If you purchased products (like I did), based on the fact that this TV set was coming in and you still have your receipts that will reinforce your case, as it shows you made other purchases based on the information they were giving you/us.

I urge everyone who purchased this set to exercise their rights in this situation. PCConnection should not go un-punished, and everyone who waited all this time to get this set deserves to be compensated, or at least get a comparable set without having to pay more for it. Think of it this way, once the lawsuit is filed for what would amount to be a $800 - $1200 difference between the two sets in your local small claims court, PCConnection would have to pay at least 10 times that much just to get a lawyer to even reply to the charges, as they would have to do so in person.

I will be exercising this right, and I encourage all of you to do the same.

Here's the link to the UCC article 2 details.

straylight.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2/overview.html[/url]
post #701 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 09:37 PM

let me do the math....

Wall Mount = $98
5.1 AV system = $500
Cables = $280
HDTV subcription 3 months = $255
Monster IsoBAr = $259
TOTAL: $1392

Im sooooooo F*cking pissed!!!!!
post #702 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 10:01 PM

I'm no attorney, but it seems to me that PCC would be off the hook based on the following section of the UCC:

§ 2-615. Excuse by Failure of Presupposed Conditions.

Except so far as a seller may have assumed a greater obligation and subject to the preceding section on substituted performance:

(a) Delay in delivery or non-delivery in whole or in part by a seller who complies with paragraphs (b) and (c) is not a breach of his duty under a contract for sale if performance as agreed has been made impracticable by the occurrence of a contingency the non-occurrence of which was a basic assumption on which the contract was made or by compliance in good faith with any applicable foreign or domestic governmental regulation or order whether or not it later proves to be invalid.
(b) Where the causes mentioned in paragraph (a) affect only a part of the seller's capacity to perform, he must allocate production and deliveries among his customers but may at his option include regular customers not then under contract as well as his own requirements for further manufacture. He may so allocate in any manner which is fair and reasonable.
(c) The seller must notify the buyer seasonably that there will be delay or non-delivery and, when allocation is required under paragraph (b), of the estimated quota thus made available for the buyer.

Clearly PCC would claim that the problems that occurred between them and 3G were an unexpected contingency, and that they notified us in a timely manner of the delay and, eventually, the non-delivery.

However, it might be cheaper for them to settle these claims than to appear in small claims courts throughout the country to defend them.
post #703 of 717 Old 08-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

the irony is....

you're all probably much better off having not gotten what is undoubtedly a crappy HDTV from this flaky set-maker. prices are plummeting. wait a few weeks and you can probably pay a little more and get a much better TV.
post #704 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 06:32 AM

I know the deal's dead already but how is PCC notifying the customers (or former customers) that they have cancelled the order? The last notification I received from them was another "backorder" notice via email on 8/24.

Also it sounds like they're letting us keep the wall mount for free? If that's the case hurry up and send me my cancellation notice PCC so I can call in and complain!! Or will I have to wait another three months to receive my cancellation notice that's stuck in customs that should've been shipped out today, two weeks ago?!?!

110" Carada Screen
Sanyo PLV-1080HD
Sony STR-DG820
SVS PB10
Mirage OS3
XBox 360 + HD-DVD Drive
Wii
PS2
PS3
4TB MediaPC
post #705 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoRox
let me do the math....

Wall Mount = $98
5.1 AV system = $500
Cables = $280
HDTV subcription 3 months = $255
Monster IsoBAr = $259
TOTAL: $1392

Im sooooooo F*cking pissed!!!!!
and getting stuck with a hole in the wall...

Priceless.....

:D

*turns off the light*
post #706 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 07:51 AM

When I ordered this TV from PC Connection I didn't know anything about plasma TV's. For the last couple months I've been reading the forums, doing research, and I actually saw the light and cancelled the order the morning the deal got nixed. I still received a snailmail apology letter from PCC yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting a commercial ED Panasonic. The forum sponsors are now selling these for close to the same price as the 3G plasma, maybe cheaper come Sunday. The 3G was probably going to have faded blacks, "clay-face", poor scaling, ugly SD deinterlacing, tinny speakers, bad customer support, dead pixels, a noisy buzzing fan, high power consumption, short plasma half-life, inadequate burn-in protection features, ... who knows what else! Maybe PCC did us a favor by not selling them. So I'm not at all upset.
post #707 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2boy
I know the deal's dead already but how is PCC notifying the customers (or former customers) that they have cancelled the order? The last notification I received from them was another "backorder" notice via email on 8/24.
Received a letter from PCC yesterday. Going to call today to complain about the wall mount. Very dissapointing.

Anyone know when the Costco Vizio deal expires? Might have to make a trip there today to check it out.
post #708 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abovne1
...PCConnection should not go un-punished, and everyone who waited all this time to get this set deserves to be compensated, or at least get a comparable set without having to pay more for it. Think of it this way, once the lawsuit is filed for what would amount to be a $800 - $1200 difference between the two sets in your local small claims court, PCConnection would have to pay at least 10 times that much just to get a lawyer to even reply to the charges, as they would have to do so in person.

I will be exercising this right, and I encourage all of you to do the same...
Excuse me for chiming in here but this is exactly what's WRONG with this society, everyone wants to sue because of silly bullsh*t like this. I mean please, PCC was simply trying to do business and offer a low priced tv into the marketplace. While I do agree that their customer service in this instance wasn't all that well managed, this is a bloody television, not a pacemaker that failed to function!

Who was TRULY injured in this instance? I'm not saying inconvenienced (of course all of us that ordered this set were inconvenienced to varying degrees), but genuinely injured, please. If the delays extended beyond that which YOU felt were reasonable, you always had the right to simply cancel the order and buy elsewhere. Having a right to sue, doesn't mean it's the correct thing to do. Allow me to elucidate...

PCC is at fault for poor communication when problems with this supplier became evident to be sure. In addition, while clearly PCC shouldn't have shipped the wall mount (or any other accessories ordered with the 3G set) prior to shipping the TV, they never had a problem shipping it back at their expense at any time (and frankly I kept my tilt mount as it was a really good deal and a very decent mount for the price).

Was the deal botched, absolutely! Was PCC at fault, certainly in some measure (at least in how they handled the deal, the orders, the rumors, and the marketing...), is it really appropriate to sue over these failings by an online retailer? Well I guess that's for each of us to decide for ourselves but...

That's the problem in the world today, everyone wants something for nothing. Ohhhhhh you've been hurt because they didn't ship your new cheap tv due to manufacturing problems... pleeeeease, get a bleeding life. Where's the honor in that!

Well I'm truly sorry for going on like this, I realize this isn't the forum for this kind of rant, but it truly offends me that at every turn, people in this country are ready to tie up the courts over petty efforts to be compensated for their minor perceived inconvenience. If you are unhappy with PCC, simply don't do any further business with them and tell your friends and associates of your displeasure with them; in the end that's what the free market system is all about. Don't take advantage of a situation simply for personal gain. If everyone was a bit less self involved and approached problems considering "both" sides of the issues, everyone would win in the end (JMHO)!

I'll get down off my soapbox now... mea culpa all!

Cheers :rolleyes:
post #709 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 09:31 AM

AMEN!

Lawsuit? Pathetic. Step back for a second and realize how ridiculous this is over a thousand dollar tv. Maybe, just maybe, all that time, effort and money could be better spent elsewhere.
post #710 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 09:48 AM

So for those of you (including myself) who received the wall mount and have spoken to PCC about it, what is their response? Are they offering to cover return shipping or are they really crediting our accounts for the wall mount price?

Let me know so I can call PCC and do the same.

Thanks...

p.s. I agree with the above - too many lawsuits in this country already wasting our tax dollars. No need to sue over this matter. Just move on and look for a different TV deal. :o

110" Carada Screen
Sanyo PLV-1080HD
Sony STR-DG820
SVS PB10
Mirage OS3
XBox 360 + HD-DVD Drive
Wii
PS2
PS3
4TB MediaPC
post #711 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 09:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Threads Merged!

Last day to voice your opinions.

Thread will then be closed!

Dave

"Appeasment only makes the Aggressor more Aggressive"
post #712 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 09:54 AM

I think we are just looking for them to say sorry, you are still important to us. That said, I sent an email to my rep asking him what he could do for me on other models(keep in mind I order 9 units from PCC).

He sent me back a quote for 4 plasma models. So I went to my trusty Froogle and checked the prices PCC gave me against the competition. And guess what... PCC was $200 - $300 more expensive on each model. So I asked my rep if he thought I was an IDIOT. Later that day I got an email from my rep say he would take $100 off any plasma, free mount & $25 delivery.

I think that's what pisses me off. In my business if I did this to my customers, I would give the plasmas at cost just to keep my customers happy and coming back.

And it seems that they just don't GET IT!
post #713 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 12:12 PM

Just got off the phone with Kristen (PCC CS rep) and they will credit the cost of the wall mount back to your credit card. So for those that have the wall mount and no TV be sure to call PCC to make sure you get your credit! At least we got something out of this fiasco... :)

110" Carada Screen
Sanyo PLV-1080HD
Sony STR-DG820
SVS PB10
Mirage OS3
XBox 360 + HD-DVD Drive
Wii
PS2
PS3
4TB MediaPC
post #714 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 03:30 PM

I agree wholeheatedly about this lawsuit crap.

If you don't like the service, DON'T BUY STUFF FROM THEM ANYMORE. Simple problem, simple solution.

If you bought a power strip or HDTV cable package before the set arrived, YOU assumed the risk that the TV might not arrive. C'est la vie.

Here is a (purely hypothetical :) ) example:

Say someone goes out any buys a Sony KDF-E42A10 LCD projection TV set from a national B&M chain for a few hundres bucks more than a non-existant plasma deal.

This person has the option to return the set within 30 days of purchase, no questions asked.

Does he visit the sonystyle website and purchase a replacement projection bulb for $199 MSRP because he has no self-control, or does he wait until the 30 days expire and he is sure that the set is a keeper?

And who does he sue over the bulb cost if he returns the set?

B&M store?
Sony corp?
Sonystyle?
CNET for publishing an inaccurate review?
Saddam Hussein?
All of the above?

Stay tuned...
post #715 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

I will set up the Visio tomorrow.Two days ago, I got my mail notice that my order was cancelled. But I got this email today at 7:30 AM:
Please be advised that the merchandise you ordered is temporarily out of stock, but will be shipped as soon as possible.

I guess they just don't know what's going on in this company! What a bunch of idiots!
post #716 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 06:00 PM

I'm considering placing an order with PC Connection for this set. Does anyone know when they will be in stock?
post #717 of 717 Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Thread Closed!

Dave

"Appeasment only makes the Aggressor more Aggressive"
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page