Download Break In DVD (SVCD) - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1287 Old 01-30-2007, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller23217 View Post

So while I'm waiting for my Samsung HP-S4253 to come in (Best Buy is backordered, will pick up the TV friday), I checked and found that my dvd player does NOT handle SVCD. Nor do I have a dvd burner. Anybody able to help a guy out by burning a dvd and snailing it to me? I'll reimburse costs.

Please PM me. I would greatly appreciate this!

I would also appreciate this as well. I dont have a DVD burner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1287 Old 01-30-2007, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by release50 View Post

How low do people go with their settings on the break in disc? I have the Samsung 5053 at: contrast 35/brightness 37/sharpness 48/color 32. sense i am not watching anything other than color, should i really crank these lower or am i in the right ballpark.

Current theory is that if you are running the break-in disc, you don't need or want to turn your settings down at all. If anything, turn them up a little to speed up break-in time. Since your screen is solidly and evenly filled, all turning down settings will do is slow down the even aging of the phosphors. The contrast, brightness, etc. should only be turned down to a reasonable level overall (not Dynamic Torch Mode), and turned down lower if you are watching "dangerous" content with black bars or static images.
post #363 of 1287 Old 01-30-2007, 07:18 PM

I used Toast 6- picked Video tab - thru the TS folder in and burned 2 perfect disks - I'm on a G4

Don't give up.
post #364 of 1287 Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

Hey, glad it worked out for you wojtek.

I got some image retention for the first time the other day after hooking up my new HR10-250 DirecTiVo to the Pio 5050HD. The bright yellow "Now Playing" words on the top of the now playing list were visible on a screen with no input signal. That went away by the time I got done with Batman Begins (which was excellent).

I ran the break in DVD the next day for 13 hours, just in case I think that's it for me, I am over 500 hours and it is time for me to retire the breakin DVD for future plasmas

-Evangelo2

Hey Evangelo,

Since your not using it anymore could you mail it to me??

"OLD SCHOOL"
post #365 of 1287 Old 01-31-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhark View Post

I would also appreciate this as well. I dont have a DVD burner

ME TOO!!! I'll even pay cold hard $$$!!!

"OLD SCHOOL"
post #366 of 1287 Old 01-31-2007, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
dhark, HP666, Send me a PM.
post #367 of 1287 Old 01-31-2007, 06:52 PM

I was able to burn the DVD-R, and it seems to run on my DVD player. However, for some reason, the pictures do not display at equal time intervals. One will play for 15 seconds, the next for 45.

Kinda strange problem. I'll try another burn, but is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!
post #368 of 1287 Old 01-31-2007, 08:47 PM

I downloaded an unzipped the video_ts folder. do i just burn that to a dvd-r?
post #369 of 1287 Old 01-31-2007, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Baller,
You need to burn the contents of the zip file. The actual VIDEO_TS folder needs to be there. Do not just burn the contents of that folder. Kepe the file structure intact when burning it.
-Evangelo2
post #370 of 1287 Old 01-31-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:

Baller,
You need to burn the contents of the zip file. The actual VIDEO_TS folder needs to be there. Do not just burn the contents of that folder. Kepe the file structure intact when burning it.
-Evangelo2

I unzipped the .rar file i downloaded. now i just have the video_ts folder sitting on my desktop. so all i do is drag it to the blank dvd-r correct?
post #371 of 1287 Old 02-01-2007, 12:25 PM

Hi,

I just downloaded the SVCD version of the break-in video, I burnt it to a CD using Nero, when I put it on my DVD player all I get is a blank (i.e white( screen) but it is not changing at all. I waited at least 2 min.

I know my DVD players plays SVCD as I have other SVCD disk that I can play with no problem. I also burned it twice as I thought first CD may be defective and I used a different brand of CD!!

EDIT: I just burned the DVD version and it works great. Thanks so much for this great tool. When I'm done with the burning period I will be more than happy to ship the DVD to whoever that may need it!

Thanks to let me know
Cheers
HDTV-Newbie
post #372 of 1287 Old 02-01-2007, 01:29 PM

[quote=hdtv-newbie]Hi,

I just downloaded the SVCD version of the break-in video, I burnt it to a CD using Nero, when I put it on my DVD player all I get is a blank (i.e white( screen) but it is not changing at all. I waited at least 2 min.
/QUOTE]

A solid white screen is not a bad thing to use to break-in, but I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't wait quite long enough. Especially in the beginning it's hard to notice that anything's happening. Wait like ten minutes and see if there's a difference. Also, check to just make sure that the track number is changing -- it changes once every 30 seconds.
post #373 of 1287 Old 02-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFL View Post

Thanks to everyone on the tread, it works like advertised

I downloaded the file on my wife's mac and used Apple's disk utility to burn the iso to a dvd-r and it plays like a charm. My wife thinks I'm a bit of a nut after explaining why I was watching colors change on my new plasma. She did bring up a good point ; she wondered if I really thought the average plasma owner would spend time finding this forum, this thread and go through the process of burning a disk and running it in their dvd player for 200 hours. I agreed with her, I don't think the average guy who buys a plasma TV would do this but we're all above average, right? Or maybe just geeks, I don't know.

Regards,

Certainly does make me wonder...How many folks buying a new plasma in the past 3 months have the slightest idea about 'care and feeding'? Or are we just being obsessive about it? Better safe than sorry???
post #374 of 1287 Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I agree Raprider. Sometimes I think we are a litle mroe picky of a group here. I jsut figured better safe than sorry. I also wanted to get through this period quickly so that I could watch whatever I wanted with peace of mind (bars, overlays and all).
-Evangelo2
post #375 of 1287 Old 02-01-2007, 09:14 PM

Liked: 11
I just wanted to add my thanks for this DVD.

I've been watching it for a few hours now, and I think I'm finally starting to follow the plot. It reminds me of the early works by Kurosawa Akira. The use of repeating themes and stark backgrounds is a vivid contrast to the fast paced lives of most owners of Plasma Displays. The slow, evenly paced chase scenes are a cinematic masterpiece. Red following Green, Green following Blue, and Blue chasing Red, only to be obliterated by the overpowering blinding light of White.

Again, a masterpiece from an up and coming independent director. Two Thumbs Up.
post #376 of 1287 Old 02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOCFII View Post

I've been watching it for a few hours now, and I think I'm finally starting to follow the plot. It reminds me of the early works by Kurosawa Akira. The use of repeating themes and stark backgrounds is a vivid contrast to the fast paced lives of most owners of Plasma Displays. The slow, evenly paced chase scenes are a cinematic masterpiece. Red following Green, Green following Blue, and Blue chasing Red, only to be obliterated by the overpowering blinding light of White.

That's freakin hilarious! I just got back from the Sundance Film Festival and that sounds just like the way they would have introduced the revolutionary "Break In DVD (SVCD)". Thanks for the laugh!
post #377 of 1287 Old 02-02-2007, 05:45 PM

Well, I tried a different DVD player, and all seems well. Thanks for putting this disc together!
post #378 of 1287 Old 02-03-2007, 02:57 PM

Thanks so much, John. After much trial and error, I was able to download the file correctly and it works perfectly when I zoom it. I'm hoping it's ok to zoom it.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOCFII View Post

They appear to be available again, as of this afternoon.

I believe there is only one Break-In Video, available in either DVD or SVCD formats at this site: http://www.eaprogramming.com/downloads/downloads.htm

The format you choose is based on what is easier for you to burn.

John

post #379 of 1287 Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:

dhark, HP666, Send me a PM.

PM's sent LMK Thanks
post #380 of 1287 Old 02-04-2007, 03:42 PM

Hi folks!

I'm soon to be a proud first time plasma owner! The Panny 42ph9uk... she's so beautiful...

Oh... sorry... daydreaming...

So, can anyone elaborate on what the difference is between burning and playing this dvd versus running the screensaver on the commercial panasonics? I understand that fundamentally there are more colors on the dvd (vs. the white scrolling bar of the screensaver) but do they both attain the same goal?

The only other thing I can think of is that I may save some electricity by not running the dvd player for 4 days straight.

Also, to calibrate (AVIA) prior to or post break-in???

Thank, and I apologize if this was answered in a prior post. I did a lot of reading, and searched for screensaver, but nothing came up.

Thanks again!
post #381 of 1287 Old 02-04-2007, 03:43 PM

I'd like to add my thanks. been using it a lot the first week. almost to 100 hrs.

are different colors required to age different phosphors?

why no yellow?
post #382 of 1287 Old 02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42plasman View Post

I'd like to add my thanks. been using it a lot the first week. almost to 100 hrs.

are different colors required to age different phosphors?

why no yellow?

If I'm not wrong there are only three colors of phophors Blue,Green,Red
post #383 of 1287 Old 02-08-2007, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Not a foreign film fan. All the colors and flashing on the screen will drive the dog crazy. Can't I just play the DVD for 4-5 days and leave the TV off?

Infamous last words: "Hold my beer. Watch this!"
post #384 of 1287 Old 02-08-2007, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Adult Beverage,
I think you're joking, but if not, no, you can't leave the TV off hahaha
-Evangelo2
post #385 of 1287 Old 02-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Yes I'm joking. Sorry I didn't add a smiley face. Going to download the DVD so I'll be ready when I get new TV. Playing the waiting game for 42" Panny. Clearance price vs. availability.

Infamous last words: "Hold my beer. Watch this!"
post #386 of 1287 Old 02-08-2007, 07:46 AM

I burned it on a DVD. When I played it on the dvd, the first color white/gray stayed on for a long time. it won't changed colors unless if forward it at 6x. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks.
post #387 of 1287 Old 02-08-2007, 09:01 PM

God I hate being technologicaly retarded. So I went and unzipped the breakin svcd, and it says that windows can't open the file??? WTF is that about? Do I even need to open it? Computers suck.
post #388 of 1287 Old 02-08-2007, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbishguy View Post

God I hate being technologicaly retarded. So I went and unzipped the breakin svcd, and it says that windows can't open the file??? WTF is that about? Do I even need to open it? Computers suck.

The file is a .nrg which is a Nero image. You either need to use Nero to burn the image to a disk or another program which will burn .nrg files.
post #389 of 1287 Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glodino View Post

I burned it on a DVD. When I played it on the dvd, the first color white/gray stayed on for a long time. it won't changed colors unless if forward it at 6x. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks.

It takes a while to get through all the gradients. Let it run for a while and see if it changes as listed below.

Quoted from Evangleo2:
"The colors go from a white to a dark grey in 5 gradients, white to blue in 5 gradients, white to green in 5 gradients and white to red in five gradients. The images change every 30 seconds and the disc goes for approximately 16 hours"
post #390 of 1287 Old 02-09-2007, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Guys:

I just bought the Panny 6U and would like to do the 'break-in'. Made the SVCD for it. Now what settings should the TV be set at for the purpose? I plan to watch TV during the day and do the 'break-in' hours at night. Thats ok, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page