Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibis View Post

I downloaded the DVD ISO file and burned it to a DVD RW with DVD Decrypter, working fine in my Magnavox Blu-ray player. Running it on my new TH-50PZ800U

I downloaded the ISO file as you did too, and I successfully burnt the files onto DVD -R media with my Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator software. I actually surprised myself as it was the very first time I attempted to work with ISO's, lol.. But my first attempt was successful and the dvd plays fine. I used the DVD -R media because I had a lot of them on hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 04:48 PM

Liked: 12
I downloaded the Video_TS file and burned it to a DVD which played fine on my
Toshiba HD-A35 and showed an output of 1080p

Old 01-06-2009, 05:32 PM

Liked: 10
Can anyone answer a couple of questions? Read through this post, but could have missed it. Does the TV actullay need to be turned on during the break in process? Also, does my DVD player need to be set to 720p? Brand new DVD player but only displays at 480i, 480p, 1080i, and 1080p. No 720p. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:47 PM

Um...how is the panel supposed to be broken in without being on?

Cheers,
Ray Johnson
Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM

thanks 996911. A simple yes or not would have sufficed, but appreciate the "answer" none the less Can anyone answer the 720p questions? Many thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm no expert but I doubt it matters if it's 480i or 720p. I broke in my Panasonic PZ80U using a regular Sony DVD Player (no HDMI or upscaler just regular composite cables) and it worked perfectly fine (150 hours). The only thing that should really matter is to zoom in the picture so it fills the entire screen. And, yes, the TV should and needs to be turned on to break in.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:45 AM

I am one of the people who has had a problem downloading the ISO for this. So a few minutes ago I went in and paid for the DVD. I should have done that in the beginning.

Can anyone that has done that tell me about how long it should take before I have it?

1 week?

2 weeks?

Thanks for any info.

Jim
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 AM

Thanks for the answer Airmax! Jim_In_Boston, I also ordered the DVD from Evangelos. Got it within a week. Hes a very helpful individual as well. Emailed him a couple to times with questions. Always replied back to me in a timely manner.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

I have been breaking in my Pioneer PDP-5050HD using this disc and my Pio Elite DV-59AVi DVD player that is set to 720p output over HDMI. I turn down the contrast and brightness to conform with regular breakin levels.

Could you or someone else please elaborate on what is meant by "regular breakin levels"? I just got a Pioneer PDP-5020FD, and first thing, I turned down the contrast and brightness both by 20. Should I go even lower than this? I would appreciate any suggestions.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alma321 View Post

I also ordered the DVD from Evangelos. Got it within a week. Hes a very helpful individual as well. Emailed him a couple to times with questions. Always replied back to me in a timely manner.

Oh, I know he's helpful. I can tell that from the way he answers the same question over and over again.

I just wanted to know about how long it take to arrive because I live in a condo and I want to keep my eye out for it. If one or two weeks in normal and I was still waiting for it one month later then I would know there is a problem.

As always, thanks for the feed back.

Jim
Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 AM

Jim_In_Boston. Got my copy within a week. Pretty quick. You can always email him or send him a PM via this forum.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alma321 View Post

Jim_In_Boston. Got my copy within a week. Pretty quick. You can always email him or send him a PM via this forum.

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:32 PM

Just downloaded the SVCD ad burned to a CDR with no problem (I have a DVD burner but no DVDR's laying around!). I just popped it in and it started running just perfectly! Everything is all set and ready for the TV...now if it would just get here!! ...two more days.

THANKS EA!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:05 AM

Hi Guys ... New to the Plasma world ... Picked up a Samsung PN50a550 for the game room ... So, with this burn in disk, I'll be able to run it for about 100 hours instead of the normal 250 hours and burn in will be complete ... correct?

Also, I've set the Sammy to Movie Mode and have all settings at 50 (Cont, Bright, etc...), all of the extra pic quality stuff on the TV set to OFF, and the Pic is Stretched or Zoomed to do away with any bars ...

How long should you play this disk at one time? Is 10 hours, too long???

Anything else I should do or know of ???

Thanks,
TIM
Old 01-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Should I use a PS3 via HDMI or a Regular DVD player via COmponent?

Just downloaded and will shortly be using these burn in images on a Samsung PN50A510, I own a ps3 in my media room. Should I transport it to this TV to do the 100hr burn-in with this DVD-R I just burned?

OR, should I just use a regular DVD player(I have a YAMAHA DV-S5750 ) and hook up via component?

will it make any difference?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:23 PM

Hello all of the AVSForum this is my first post! (I have been lurking though)

Alright, I have read through most of this thread as well as searched for the answers to several questions that have gone unanswered in this thread. Sadly I have turned up with no useful results. They questions that I (as well as a few others) would very much appreciate being answer are:

1.) What is the recommended amount of time (in a session) you should leave your display on?

2.) What are the ideal settings for breaking in a plasma when ONLY using the break-in DVD/SD files?

Sorry to restate questions asked in the past I just could not find corresponding answers.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:52 PM

I just received Evangelo's Break-In DVD and it seems to work fine, except chapters 2, 3 and 4 in each of the 32 titles appear to be the identical shade of grey. Has anyone else noticed this? Will it be a problem to run the same shade for 90 seconds? If anyone knows of an alternative burn-in disc please let me know. Thanks for any advice.

Robert D Goldstein
Old 01-30-2009, 09:52 AM

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand time but here it goes.

On my Pan PZ42 the images from the SD card cycle from bright white to dark gray, bright red to dark red, etc as opposed to the DVD which appears to go from white through pastel shades and end up on a bright solid color. I'm on a mac and had to delete the invisible files from the SD card for each image as my TV could see them and would display "Can not Read File" in between every image of the slide show. Did I miss something here with regard to putting the images on an SD Card?

Does is matter which set of images are used? Bright to dark vs. White to color?

How did you Mac users burn the DVD to disc?

Thanks all, for the reiteration for me.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:07 PM

I have a PZ80U on the way.

2 questions..

Can I use an SD card for the images, and will it take up 680mb? Or am I better off using a cd-r? How do I go about getting 30second intervals with both of these options?

Second question, what should I be turning down and up as far as settings? Can i leave it on all day/night to break it in faster?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:59 PM

Wouldn't repeating a song on the 360's visualizer serve the same purpose for break in?
Old 02-01-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeDaBomb View Post

What's up all (note - I can't post URLs, so I'm posting a broken URL. just take out the space between : and // and you'll get there),

Good stuff all around on this forum. Just got my Samsung PN42A400, and am running this SVCD right now as we speak. After some trial and error (no, I did not get it to work on Nero 5, 6, or 7), here's what works.

1) Download the 2MB compressed file that contains the .nrg file. Get it here http: //www.eaprogramming.com/downloads/files/_EA-BreakinDVD.zip. Then, unzip (to someplace outside the zip folder). Should turn into a 680MB file.

2) Get a copy of Nero 9. You just gotta have regular CD burner, with a regular CD-R. Do so by Googling "Nero Download." It's the first link. Sign up with your email and a password will be sent. http: //www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero9-trial.php
2b) If you aren't successful at saving the (391 MB!) file, google "Nero Download" again; the soft32.com mirror site has it. Make sure right click and save as.

3) Install Nero; will take like 20 min (again, password should be sent to your email by Nero.com).

4) Now there should be an icon on your desktop, "Nero StartSmart." Upon opening it, click on "OK/Cancel" button (I forget...it's whatever button that is not the "Buy It Today" button).

5) Now you have the Nero screen open. Should have 5 button/options on top (Start Page, Rip and Burn, etc) and 6 on the left side (Data Burning, Audio Burning, etc). Click "Rip and Burn", 2nd one on the top menu.

6) Click "Burn Video CD". Wait...and wait...

7) This is the tricky part. You now have a split screen. Do NOT click "Super Video CD" which is what I did. This will allow you to create a project, by adding avi., mpg., etc. Our good friend Evangelos already created our project file, which is your 680MB now unzipped .nrg file. In the split screen, click the 3rd icon on the left side, "Image, Project, Copy." Then, on the right hand side, click "Disc Image or Saved Project." NOW you can go to the unzipped BreakinDVD.nrg file, select and click Open.

8) Pop in a blank CD, click "Burn"...and voila!

Note: I am able to play SVCD on my Sony DVPNS700H upconverting DVD player, available for $65-80 at your local big box/online store. My Samsung has 0-100 brightness/contrast ratings. I also have a Cell Light.

Cell Light - 2/10
Contrast - 20/100
Brightness - 20/100
Sharpness - 20/100
Color - Leave it center at 50
Tint - Leave it center at 50

Enjoy!

Worked perfect on an average DVD player. Thank you!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

ok, I've read through 20 pages and my questions remain
unanswered. I burned the ISO file to a DVD-R, and am running a toshiba hd-a2 HD DVD player to my new samsung PN50A510:

1. The images change every 60 seconds rather than 30 seconds, is this a problem?

2. Do I run the DVD at lower contrast/brightness(current, 65/35 per zippybonghit's break in thread) or normal-to-higher contrast/brightness? Appears there are differing opinions, is there any type of consensus?

Thanks in advance.

XBL Gamertag: RagingPhinsFan
Old 02-10-2009, 01:56 PM

What settings should I set my contrast and brightness to during break in with the disc? I just obtained a Pioneer Pro151 Elite 60".

Thanks!!

Richard
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 PM

I sent Paypal for a DVD version of this disc to:Evangelo2

I have sent him emails and no reply.
Paypal was made last week.
Is Evangelo2 still around???

I need this DVD. I am having my new Samsung Plasma installed this weekend and would like to get started on the break in. if Evangelo2 is not around anymore, can anyone burn me a DVD. I will be happy to pay for it. But I really need it by this weekend.

Email me at jway71@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahmer View Post

I sent Paypal for a DVD version of this disc to:Evangelo2

I have sent him emails and no reply.
Paypal was made last week.
Is Evangelo2 still around???

I need this DVD. I am having my new Samsung Plasma installed this weekend and would like to get started on the break in. if Evangelo2 is not around anymore, can anyone burn me a DVD. I will be happy to pay for it. But I really need it by this weekend.

Email me at jway71@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,
You'r order was placed on the 10th. Your dsic shipped on the 12th from Uniondale NY via USPS first class mail. Delivery takes usually 3-5 business days. 3 business days takes us to Wednesday February 18th. I also did not receive any emails from you (not sure what happened there but my email is still eangelid@hotmail.com). If you do not reveive it on Wednesday please send me an email.
-Evangelo2
Old 02-17-2009, 06:29 PM

THANKS!!!!!

i didn't mean to sound like a jerk. Just after reading 30+ pages on this topic, The first material I wanted on that screen will be the break in disc.

I appreciate it!!!!

Emails came from the same email as my Paypal.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:56 PM

Here is what I am planning to do. Pick up a cheapie progressive DVD to do the burn in process. I would hate to run either of my Blu Ray players for that long continuous.

It will display in 480p, will this effect the break in process? Or do I need to run the DVD upconverted to 1080?

How long will the disc play for? I would hate for the disc to end and possibly end on a certain color.

My other concern would be do I need to burn in every video input? Or will burning in 150+ hours on one of the progressive input be enough for all the inputs?
Once it is burned in, it will only have 2 HDMI connected to it.

Do you guys dim the settings on the TV when the disc is playing? or run at full brightness? Would you run a fan on the TV while it is on? I would think that many hours might generate some heat???

Thanks
Old 02-19-2009, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahmer View Post

THANKS!!!!!

i didn't mean to sound like a jerk. Just after reading 30+ pages on this topic, The first material I wanted on that screen will be the break in disc.

I appreciate it!!!!

Emails came from the same email as my Paypal.

No worries dahmer, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk either

You do not need to worry about the output reolustion when running the break in dvd. Just make sure that all the pixels on the screen are lit. Upconverting doesn't do much since the slides are solid colors.

-Evangelo2
Old 02-19-2009, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the DVD!
I just have a question I am running it directly from my pc via dvi to hdmi
Everything fills the screen and is reapting without problems..
But my player switches the pictures every 60 sec not 30..
Is this a problem? I guess not but I am not sure..
For example it shows white after 60 sec a litte darker white (grey) etc..
Then it goes over to light blue after 60 sec it changes to darker blue etc..

I also have a litte bit of "pixelsnow" when watching certain colors (mostly grey ones). I noticed that it goes away when changing to dynamic mode..
But for the break-in time I switched to normal because it should be safer, so I guess this shouldn't be a problem too, right?

Thanks !!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 PM

anyone?

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Elite