Originally Posted by GabeDaBomb
What's up all (note - I can't post URLs, so I'm posting a broken URL. just take out the space between : and // and you'll get there),
Good stuff all around on this forum. Just got my Samsung PN42A400, and am running this SVCD right now as we speak. After some trial and error (no, I did not get it to work on Nero 5, 6, or 7), here's what works.
1) Download the 2MB compressed file that contains the .nrg file. Get it here http: //www.eaprogramming.com/downloads/files/_EA-BreakinDVD.zip
. Then, unzip (to someplace outside the zip folder). Should turn into a 680MB file.
2) Get a copy of Nero 9. You just gotta have regular CD burner, with a regular CD-R. Do so by Googling "Nero Download." It's the first link. Sign up with your email and a password will be sent. http: //www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero9-trial.php
2b) If you aren't successful at saving the (391 MB!) file, google "Nero Download" again; the soft32.com mirror site has it. Make sure right click and save as.
3) Install Nero; will take like 20 min (again, password should be sent to your email by Nero.com).
4) Now there should be an icon on your desktop, "Nero StartSmart." Upon opening it, click on "OK/Cancel" button (I forget...it's whatever button that is not the "Buy It Today" button).
5) Now you have the Nero screen open. Should have 5 button/options on top (Start Page, Rip and Burn, etc) and 6 on the left side (Data Burning, Audio Burning, etc). Click "Rip and Burn", 2nd one on the top menu.
6) Click "Burn Video CD". Wait...and wait...
7) This is the tricky part. You now have a split screen. Do NOT click "Super Video CD" which is what I did. This will allow you to create a project, by adding avi., mpg., etc. Our good friend Evangelos already created our project file, which is your 680MB now unzipped .nrg file. In the split screen, click the 3rd icon on the left side, "Image, Project, Copy." Then, on the right hand side, click "Disc Image or Saved Project." NOW you can go to the unzipped BreakinDVD.nrg file, select and click Open.
8) Pop in a blank CD, click "Burn"...and voila!
Note: I am able to play SVCD on my Sony DVPNS700H upconverting DVD player, available for $65-80 at your local big box/online store. My Samsung has 0-100 brightness/contrast ratings. I also have a Cell Light.
Cell Light - 2/10
Contrast - 20/100
Brightness - 20/100
Sharpness - 20/100
Color - Leave it center at 50
Tint - Leave it center at 50