Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK availability update - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 185 Old 11-08-2005, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well .. heaven help me I am ordering from buy.com .. their pricing is to good to pass up .. once you add in the free shipping i'm getting the panny, hdmi card, tilt wall mount for about $500 less then from TVA .. so even if it turns out its not in stock its a better buy for me from buy.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 185 Old 11-15-2005, 08:19 AM

I ordered from buy-dot-com on 11/8. They've actually increased their price by $50 since then. My order status just updated this morning to "On Order" which they define as: "We are making every effort to ship your product to you as soon as possible. Unless your item is on pre-order, our supplier has not given us an expected arrival date." Somehow I'm not surprised that the product page for the 8UK still says "In Stock: Usually Ships ground in 3 to 7 business days." I might cancel if I find it in stock somewhere else, but I don't necessarily mind the wait for that price.

Anyone have any recent luck getting one from buy-dot-com?
post #93 of 185 Old 11-19-2005, 08:21 PM

On wait list there and T*** Computers. Told it would be about 2 weeks at the latter.
post #94 of 185 Old 11-20-2005, 01:26 AM

Ok. newegg.com has an 'add to cart' button...

Who's gonna be the lucky one? :eek:
post #95 of 185 Old 11-20-2005, 06:02 AM

I guess they didn't have many, because I see OUT OF STOCK
post #96 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 02:51 PM

Liked: 14
I just checked Visual Apex's website and it says that the estimated ship date for the TH-50PHD8UK is the END OF DECEMBER! What happened to the END OF NOVEMBER? I got on their wait list back on October 25th, and I'm certainly hoping that their initial estimate of "end of November" is still accurate. I'm hoping the "end of December" estimate is for new orders only. I really want to have this TV by Christmas!
post #97 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 03:03 PM

I now have two of these on order at different places and both have received similar news from Panasonic that they won't have as much availability as expected.

Which means the lump in the rug will get even larger with the holiday season up on us.
post #98 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myapplebuddy
I just checked Visual Apex's website and it says that the estimated ship date for the TH-50PHD8UK is the END OF DECEMBER! What happened to the END OF NOVEMBER? I got on their wait list back on October 25th, and I'm certainly hoping that their initial estimate of "end of November" is still accurate. I'm hoping the "end of December" estimate is for new orders only. I really want to have this TV by Christmas!
Check your email again. Because 30 mins ago I got a email for the pre-order status from VA and the plasma will be ship out at the end of Nov. to be exact is Nov 28 or 29th, right after Thanks giving.
post #99 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatKing
Check your email again. Because 30 mins ago I got a email for the pre-order status from VA and the plasma will be ship out at the end of Nov. to be exact is Nov 28 or 29th, right after Thanks giving.
Haven't got that e-mail yet. :confused: I just called them and they were having a hard time finding my pre-order! They're going to call me back tomorrow because the main person that handles this stuff is out for the day. I'm really hoping my pre-order "evidence" didn't get lost somewhere. They did confirm the end of November ship date, however, assuming my name is on "the list".
post #100 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Haven't got that e-mail yet. :confused: I just called them and they were having a hard time finding my pre-order! They're going to call me back tomorrow because the main person that handles this stuff is out for the day. I'm really hoping my pre-order "evidence" didn't get lost somewhere. They did confirm the end of November ship date, however, assuming my name is on "the list".

after you pre-order, you should have got a comfirmation email with a attacted pdf file which includes your order detail and order number. If you had that email then you should be fine. otherwise.....
post #101 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatKing
after you pre-order, you should have got a comfirmation email with a attacted pdf file which includes your order detail and order number. If you had that email then you should be fine. otherwise.....
I'll finish that sentence for you. Otherwise.....I'm going to be depressed from now through the end of December. Maybe this is a sign - I've kind of been going back and forth between whether to get a plasma now or wait until the Panasonic 1080P models come out (possibly late next year). Not that God himself cares which TV I get, but hey, maybe He's trying to get my attention! By the way I never got that confirmation email, which means I'm almost definitely not on the pre-order list. But I gave them my credit card # and everything! :(
post #102 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 06:06 PM

I spoke with somebody today who works somewhere, where they think they may be getting in a shipment tommorow. :cool:
No I'm not telling you anymore. :confused: I've allready said to much.
If I get my order in, I will post the place, the second after my order is confirmed.
That is all. :D
shhhh.....

Jeff
post #103 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtntsfr
I spoke with somebody today who works somewhere, where they think they may be getting in a shipment tommorow. :cool:
No I'm not telling you anymore. :confused: I've allready said to much.
If I get my order in, I will post the place, the second after my order is confirmed.
That is all. :D
shhhh.....

Jeff

ROFLMAO! Now THAT is just plain MEAN!

I'm on "the list" at TVA to replace my JVC 56FH96 (issues, ya know?) and I have no idea how long this "shelter" is going to sit in the corner!

Oh well, if I lose the house to taxes, I guess it will keep the snow off of me.

Murphy was an optimist.
post #104 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I cant believe how hot these sets are!
I called DTV Saturday and they had 18 in stock...today 0 :mad:
post #105 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 08:09 PM

I called last Thursday, they had 50. Yes 50. My thoughts? WTF. :eek:
post #106 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Panasonic's web site has a model TH-EBP50F 50" plasma that looks identical to the 50HD8UK except it's a consumer model (which I think means it comes with an in-home warranty. This is the model that is made to be framed. They look pretty good and might be in-stock! You can get the set, custom frame, and a TY-EBMHDMI (HDMI blade) for $3685.45 delivered by entering 'ladyinred' in the coupon/special offer box. Not everyone will like the look of the frame but I do (and my wife definitely would). A 42" version is also offered.

BTW, I have a wall mount so I didn't include one but you would naturally need one of those also.

Here's where you start:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...3401&langId=-1
post #107 of 185 Old 11-22-2005, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicheyPoor
Panasonic's web site has a model TH-EBP50F 50" plasma that looks identical to the 50HD8UK except it's a consumer model (which I think means it comes with an in-home warranty. This is the model that is made to be framed. They look pretty good and might be in-stock! You can get the set, custom frame, and a TY-EBMHDMI (HDMI blade) for $3685.45 delivered by entering 'ladyinred' in the coupon/special offer box. Not everyone will like the look of the frame but I do (and my wife definitely would). A 42" version is also offered.

BTW, I have a wall mount so I didn't include one but you would naturally need one of those also.

Here's where you start:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...3401&langId=-1
Estimated ship date = 1/9/2006 :(

. . . . . . . . . . . Peter
post #108 of 185 Old 11-23-2005, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide362
On wait list there and T*** Computers. Told it would be about 2 weeks at the latter.
FWIW, every one of the 11 sacks on Brodie looked GREAT in HD on my 50UK! :cool:
post #109 of 185 Old 11-23-2005, 08:26 AM

I just received email from Visual Apex that they are queue up the first of two shipments of the 50" inch. Some will possibly get delivered as early as next week!

DEFman
post #110 of 185 Old 11-23-2005, 12:06 PM

I was surfing the forums for the past 40 minutes all the while holding for Panasonic customer service to see what they might tell me about the availability of the 50" 8UK (I have one on pre-order at TVA). You know the drill: long stretches of incredibly tedious, cheezy music interspersed with assurances of how important I am to them. Finally, when a live person got to me, they told me the idiot that transferred me had sent me to the consumer help line (after telling me I needed to be helped by the commercial department.) The consumer department knows less than I do about commercial units like the 8UK.

This has happened--to one degree or another--every time I've called Panasonic. Like many on these forums, I've been going back and forth on the 8UK vs. the Pio 5060 for weeks now and had preordered the 8UK as a backstop while continuing to read everything I can about both. But this has finally made the decision easy. I won't give a dime to a company that believes that if you have a hot product, customer service is irrelevant. If this is an indicator of how Panasonic will treat me if a problem with a $3,XXX plasma comes up, I'm switching my order to the 5060 today.

Angus
post #111 of 185 Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus99
If this is an indicator of how Panasonic will treat me if a problem with a $3,XXX plasma comes up, I'm switching my order to the 5060 today.
It sounds like you're not too concerned about the fact that the Pioneer is almost 1.5X the cost of the 8UK, and not any better of a TV. If money is not much of a concern, I would skip the plasma screen altogether and go with one of the new 3 chip DLP projectors from SIM2 or Infocus. They will run you around 4X the cost of the 8UK, but what's a couple X's anyways! :p
post #112 of 185 Old 11-23-2005, 12:43 PM

Wound up cancelling my buy-dot-com order. Placed my order through Newegg last Thursday (got lucky on the timing I guess), plasma hit my doorstep yesterday. Great service, quick delivery ... highly recommend them if you can find one in stock there.
post #113 of 185 Old 11-24-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
It sounds like you're not too concerned about the fact that the Pioneer is almost 1.5X the cost of the 8UK, . . . :p
Actually, when you figure in blades, cables & shipping on the Panny, it's a bit closer than that. Plus, Pioneer will be announcing changes in their plasma business in early December which hopefully will further narrow the gap. But I hope no one thinks I'm bashing the 8UK. The Pannys I've seen look great -- just wish their customer service came close to their technical skills.

Angus
post #114 of 185 Old 11-24-2005, 08:15 PM

I'm tired of waiting. I stayed up late last night trying to score a 8uk from Newegg.
I called them twice yesterday as they were supossedly getting in a shipment.
As of 6pm last night, they had not updated the web site. When I called, the rep told me they were getting in 26 units and they web page would be updated before midnight. Of course midnight pacific time, so I made it to 1am eastern time and then fell asleep. I must have refreshed the web page hundred of times, I'm kinda disapointed I must say. I guess I missed it, I woke up at 3am and clicked on the site and of course it said "sold out". I'm starting to think about springing the extra cash for the Pioneer. Either the 5050 at Costco, or a 5060 from one of the forum sponsers.
I hate the fact that Panasonic has underestimated the demand so poorly after dropping the prices. They are surely going to lose customers to people like me, who really don't want to wait several weeks, for a set after taking months to come to a decision. At least I can vent here. Thanks.

Jeff
post #115 of 185 Old 11-24-2005, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtntsfr
I'm tired of waiting. I stayed up late last night trying to score a 8uk from Newegg.
I called them twice yesterday as they were supossedly getting in a shipment.
As of 6pm last night, they had not updated the web site. When I called, the rep told me they were getting in 26 units and they web page would be updated before midnight. Of course midnight pacific time, so I made it to 1am eastern time and then fell asleep. I must have refreshed the web page hundred of times, I'm kinda disapointed I must say. I guess I missed it, I woke up at 3am and clicked on the site and of course it said "sold out". I'm starting to think about springing the extra cash for the Pioneer. Either the 5050 at Costco, or a 5060 from one of the forum sponsers.
I hate the fact that Panasonic has underestimated the demand so poorly after dropping the prices. They are surely going to lose customers to people like me, who really don't want to wait several weeks, for a set after taking months to come to a decision. At least I can vent here. Thanks.

Jeff
If you get the 5050 be prepared for far inferior blacks as opposed to Panny. If you get the 5060 the blacks are on par however, be prepared to pay far more than the Panny.
post #116 of 185 Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM

tv has panny 50in 8uk in stock
post #117 of 185 Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM

sorry dtv that is
post #118 of 185 Old 11-29-2005, 09:08 PM

Thx for the heads up....just bought mine from DTV....I got tired of waiting and so what about the extra $$$$$ at least I will be enjoying it for the holidays....get your while they last. :D :D :D :D
post #119 of 185 Old 11-30-2005, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Anyone have experience positive or negative in ordering from DTVCITY? They have no ratings on resellerratings.com:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller7265.html

. . . . . . . . . . . Peter
post #120 of 185 Old 11-30-2005, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrisik
Anyone have experience positive or negative in ordering from DTVCITY? They have no ratings on resellerratings.com:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller7265.html
I live in Atlanta and have helped two friends pick up their TV's from DTVCity. I'm sorry I can't help you out with firsthand shipping experiences but I can vouch this is a real outfit. They are in a no frills industrial area of town and seemed to be very organized. Both times I was there they had 3-4 guys working on getting TV's ready for shipment and seemed to be doing a good amount of business. Neither friend had any problems with their TV so I can't say how they deal with a bad unit.
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page