Pioneer Elite Pro-930HD/TV Guide Settings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-2006, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Pioneer Elite Pro-930HD Plasma a few months ago and I hooked up the cable to the Ant A. I went through the TV Guide Wizard, but nothing is populating (after about two weeks of waiting for it to download - lol).

So, I hooked up a digital cable box (this is all non-HD for the moment btw), and lo and behold the cable box's TV Guide populated.

So, why doesn't it populate when the Plasma is hooked in direct to the cable?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-10-2006, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msekolpsu
I bought a Pioneer Elite Pro-930HD Plasma a few months ago and I hooked up the cable to the Ant A. I went through the TV Guide Wizard, but nothing is populating (after about two weeks of waiting for it to download - lol).

So, I hooked up a digital cable box (this is all non-HD for the moment btw), and lo and behold the cable box's TV Guide populated.

So, why doesn't it populate when the Plasma is hooked in direct to the cable?

Thanks!
Does the cable box use GEMSTAR's guide? Thats a very important distinction. Most cable companies use a different type of guide system where the box downloads direct from the cable stream, from the cable company.

The Gemstar system uses sub-data broadcast within specific stations. I personally have never seen a cable box using Gemstar's system...

There is a really good thread over in the rear projection forum about gemstar's guide system, I cant find the link at the moment though or I would give it to you. If you search through the official 6G pioneer thread, this discussion came up and we went through it fairly detailed. Thats where I remember the rear-projection link being posted (how I found out about it).

Gemstar's system isnt the greatest, but its the most economical for the tv manufacturers to use.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-10-2006, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The tread in the rear projection forum is called;Poll:TV guide on Screen.As of this monent the last post was yesterday(Feb.9) at 3:55pm.Sorry don't know how to post link.I noticed the same problem.The Media box will download the Guide ,but I haven't been able to download the on screen TV Guide with the cable directly connected to the a Sony DHG HDD-500.
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General