OLED TVs: Technology Advancements Thread - Page 406 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 573Likes
post #12151 of 12153 Old Today, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1959Dodge View Post
MIT Professor Vladimir Bulović co-founds QD Vision, Kateeva and Ubiquitous Energy.

Note, the same MIT Professor co-founded both Quantum dot company as well as the Kateeva printer (which supposedly) was going to be used to print "cheaper OLED TVs"

Myself, I think the kind of "ink" that will go in to the Kateeva will be "QD ink" and not "OLED Ink".

Of course , time will tell, but how long have we been hearing about OLED TV's via Kateeva?

I bet we see QD TV's via Kateeva well before we see Kateeva Oleds, particularly since the same individual cofounded both a Quantum Dot Company as well as the Kateeva.

Gary
Well. The guy is one of the founders. Currently he is a Kateeva advisor. Steven van Slyke, the co-inventor of OLED, on the other hand, is Chief Technology Officer of Kateeva..

Printed OLED is the focus of Kateeva. Show me a link which shows that Kateeva is also focussing on printed Quantum Dots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12152 of 12153 Unread Today, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post
Well. The guy is one of the founders. Currently he is a Kateeva advisor. Steven van Slyke, the co-inventor of OLED, on the other hand, is Chief Technology Officer of Kateeva..

Printed OLED is the focus of Kateeva. Show me a link which shows that Kateeva is also focussing on printed Quantum Dots.

So far this is what I've found, but I can't fine the "whole Article" yet

"www.displayalliance.com/news/tag/avionic

1st

"May 3, 2015 - What the hell are quantum dots, and why do you want them in your next TV? ... It is the first product to emerge from Kateeva's YIELDjet platform, a breakthrough ..."

2nd

"The DuPont and Kateeva cooperation is non-exclusive and manufacturers will not be restricted in their choice of equipment or materials through this effort; it will only aim to increase viable, manufacturing-ready options. The companies expect to provide cross-referenced data for DuPont materials with Kateeva printing equipment."

Samsung bought a Kateeva, last year, (or so the rumours go), I can post links to that if you need it, but just google
Samsung kateeva.

Add to this The report that Samsung "may ditch" Oled in favor of QLED, and if I were a betting man, my bet would be on the QLED.

I suspects we will see a lot more in the next few days.

Gary
post #12153 of 12153 Unread Today, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:

Myself, I think the kind of "ink" that will go in to the Kateeva will be "QD ink" and not "OLED Ink".
I don't.

Quote:

Samsung bought a Kateeva, last year,
Invested in... yes. That's all, and it wasn't a rumor.

Quote:
Add to this The report that Samsung "may ditch" Oled in favor of QLED, and if I were a betting man, my bet would be on the QLED.
There has never been a demonstration of a workable quantum-dot emissive TV. Not sure how you've concluded a company pursuing OLEDs is suddenly switching to a technology that basically exists only in theory.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Oled Tv , Lg , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page