OLED TVs: Technology Advancements Thread - Page 474 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1248Likes

post #14191 of 14193 Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixe View Post
On monitors it keeps the screen synced with gpu output. It is going to be included in the hdmi 2.1 spec for tv's.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Some in the 2016 LG OLED motion settings thread said that the TV already does this.

Just to be clear, by syncing the refresh rate, we mean that if the TV is receiving a 24 Hz signal, it will set the TV's refresh rate to 24 Hz.

LG OLED65B6P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14192 of 14193 Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1special View Post
Some in the 2016 LG OLED motion settings thread said that the TV already does this.

Just to be clear, by syncing the refresh rate, we mean that if the TV is receiving a 24 Hz signal, it will set the TV's refresh rate to 24 Hz.
I mean whatever the gpu puts out or if it fluctuates due to stress/heat. I think it is intended for people who are maxing out their fps (past 60 but short of 120) and this syncs the monitor and gpu ie: your setup hits 85 fps but dips here and there to 80 fps. In theory it should work to sync all the way down to 24p (24 fps?).....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #14193 of 14193 Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 386
The key is that variable refresh rates are just that - variable. If your GPU outputs at 85fps one second and then drop to 54fps the next, then a VRR display will simply refresh at 85Hz for the first second and then automatically switch on the fly to 54Hz for the next second.

Even if one does not go any gaming, it can still be useful as a way for guaranteed support of less standardized frame rates. A good example is that the traditional PAL refresh rates (25Hz and 50Hz) have hit-and-miss support in places like North America, and you commonly have to make a custom resolution to access the likes of 25Hz and 50Hz. But a custom resolution still may not work to provide PAL refresh rates, particularly if it's a North American-only brand like Vizio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
A picture, please!
Even by PM
First image is what you see normally; second image is with the TV moved out of the way. You can't tell, but both fans were actually moving when the photos were taken as the computer was on. I could do a better job with cable management, but the cables are normally out of view as seen in the first image.

The USB cable in the front connects to an out-of-sight hub that includes the wireless mouse & keyboard, power for the fans (5v), and a wifi adapter. The white plug on the left is the DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. The purple cable on the left and in the back is the HDMI cable that is plugged into the DisplayPort adapter. The yellow/red/black cable on the left is a splitter for the fans so that I could power them from a single port. The black cable in the very bottom left is just a micro USB to full-size USB cable for anyone that wants to connect their phone, and the silver/grey device also in the very bottom left is just a card reader. The red cable in the very back is the HDMI cable from my receiver. The thin grey cable on the right is for a Wii sensor bar. The silver/grey metal-looking thing in the top right is part of a rail that the entire wooden platform is on so that it can easily be pulled out and/or angled to one side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (412.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (330.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by NintendoManiac64; Yesterday at 07:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lg , Oled Tv , oled wireless speakers , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page