post #2581 of 10950 Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Well, the global TV market is very approximately 200 million units. The value of the panels is them certainly skews toward small and given that 32-inch panels are running around $135 right now, I'm going to take a seriously wild guess and say that TV panels overall sell for an average of not more than $350. It's not likely that high, but that puts the value of the TV panel market at $70 billion.

The latest estimate for units is 250 million from DisplaySearch.

http://www.displaysearch.com/cps/rde...t_forecast.asp

I couldnt find a revenue number but the television market was $100 billion in '09 and I dont think it has shrunk since then.

Slacker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 10950 Old 09-20-2011, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

TSMC is the sole source of the A6. Samsung has been fired from chip making for Apple.

Now THIS is unexpected news AFAIK Sammy will still be doing the A5 and 70% of A6.

Apple would be taking huge risk with TSMC ramp. Volume of iPhone is not what it was 5 years ago with Samsung as sole foundry.
post #2583 of 10950 Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Someone with insight on the Qualcomm lower-power baseband parts might help us out there. I recognize Samsung is doing thin 4G phones now, but I've seen and held one. First of all, they are in fact huge. Second of all, I doubt they'd meet Apple's battery-life requirements.

A baseband only 28nm LTE chip from Qualcomm is expected to sample later this year. I would expect it could show up in an iPhone launched in the 3rd quarter of next year.

The lack of LTE will be a bit of a problem for Apple in the US in 2012, but the rest of the world is way behind in terms of a broad roll-out. Apple can afford to wait.

Slacker
post #2584 of 10950 Old 09-21-2011, 02:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker711 View Post

The latest estimate for units is 250 million from DisplaySearch.

http://www.displaysearch.com/cps/rde...t_forecast.asp

I couldnt find a revenue number but the television market was $100 billion in '09 and I dont think it has shrunk since then.

Slacker

That DisplaySearch item is from July and is seriously seriously out of date. LG and others have slashed the heck out of forecasts since then.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking12.html

If LG and others are slashing by 20%, then 250 million turns into 200 million.

Note please that my $70 billion figure is for TV panels, not TVs. It doesn't matter what TVs are worth, it matters what the panels are worth. The market for TV panels is not $100 billion. There is no math that can get it that high, even using 250 million TVs that would assume $400 ASP per panel, which is insanely off at this point.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #2585 of 10950 Old 09-21-2011, 02:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Spec, every article on the A6 looks like this one:

http://venturebeat.com/2011/08/12/ap...oduction-tsmc/

or this one

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/09/19...a7-processors/

The clear statements are that Samsung is out and TSMC is in.

They could all but wrong, but they are pretty definitive.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #2586 of 10950 Old 09-21-2011, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member

They are right that TSMC is in, but I frankly can't see how you conclude that this means Sammy is out for A6? Marginalised yes, but out? They are not mutually exclusive and if Apple wants to dump Sammy it will likely be another 2 years to move them from primary to secondary source and then zilch. The links are in fact inline with why I think Jan launch of iPad2 is possible.

We had a discussion way back when the duo's legal battle just started that I said the biggest obstacle to OLED iPhones is the conflict of interest between the 2 and you said Sammy will not let it deteriorate as Apple is $10b of their revenue. I remember this because I actually went to check the $10b figure So it is a bit ironic now that I think the duo's rocky relationship will continue for some time due to their mutual interest, while you're now on the other side

In fact Samsung LSI was a nobody foundry until Apple. And the talks is that because Samsung was a major shareholder of the semicon company that Apple bought (PA Semi?) that made ARM designs, and part of the agreement is that Samsung be made the foundry (probably for an unknown period of time but 3-5 years sounds probable). This made more sense when I asked Sammy last year why wouldn't Apple protest that they put an A8 processor in their tablet which rolls out from the same foundry.
post #2587 of 10950 Old 09-21-2011, 07:48 AM

Liked: 10
post #2588 of 10950 Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 AM
DAB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Benign View Post

55" OLED. Really?
http://flatpanelshd.com/news.php?sub...&id=1316601940

SAM & LG I want one.......
db
post #2589 of 10950 Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:

55" OLED. Really?

Is their 31" screen available yet? They said mid-2011 at CES.
post #2590 of 10950 Old 09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

^^ LG is having amnesia over the 31"
Quote:

55" OLED. Really?

But as we discussed, LG and Sammy's 55" OLED TV implementation are very different

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post20967752
Quote:
Originally Posted by specuvestor View Post

"- Both SMD and LGD developed 55" OLED TV

(1) SMD: SMS (small mask scanning) method

(2) LGD: W-OLED (White OLED) method

- SMD and LGD to announce the 55" OLED TV at FPD Japan Conference in Oct

- 8G AMOLED new lines to start production from 2012, earlier than expected" - Hyundai Securities

post #2591 of 10950 Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Spec, I concluded that Samsung was out because the articles all seemed to be written that way. But I went back to the Digitimes source and confess that even they don't write it that way. So perhaps it's being dual sourced. That actually makes sense on many levels given that Apple could need ~200 million of them over 12 months as they are massively expanding the iPhone market and the iPad market is still growing nicely.

As to LG and 55" OLEDs in 2012, if anyone is interested in that, I am also selling a steel suspension structure over New York's East River, built in the 1800s but still in remarkably good shape. Please send me a PM if you are interested in purchasing.

post #2592 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 02:00 AM

The Future of Display Technology
By the Casey Research Technology Team

The basic technology involved in delivering information in visual format (i.e., display technology) remained essentially unchanged for decades. Up until about the year 2000, whether you wanted to watch Monday Night Football on your TV or play SimCity on your PC, chances are you depended on a cathode ray tube (CRT). But in addition to being big, bulky power guzzlers, CRTs may also be deleterious to your general health. So consumers called for a revolution... and they got one.

In recent years, computer and TV screens have been reinvented over and over again at a dizzying speed. They've been made huge enough to serve a stadium full of football fans, and shrunk to the width of a cellphone. They give you better, sharper, more natural pictures, and they're more energy efficient. Chances are you have at least one flat-panel TV in your house.

First came plasma display panels (PDPs), the patent for which actually dates back to 1939, and then liquid crystal displays (LCDs), which quickly kicked their predecessor aside and came to dominate the display landscape. But PDPs and LCDs were only the beginning. And while those technologies are still improving (with 3D plasma TVs and LED backlit LCDs - also with 3D capabilities), it might not be long before they go the way of CRTs. Today, new technologies are poised to leapfrog the current standard with the promise of even thinner, lighter, more mobile, and more energy-efficient displays.

Organic Light-Emitting Diodes - OLEDs

As the name indicates, OLEDs derive their luminescence from organic molecules. Typically, the individual diode (a form of solid-state semiconductor) consists of two organic layers - one conductive, one emissive - sandwiched between the cathode and anode, with the whole package printed onto a suitable substrate that keeps the thing from falling apart.

The diodes in OLEDs are vanishingly small, between 100 and 500 nanometers in thickness (a human hair is 50,000 to 100,000 nanometers thick). But there's a lot - red, green, and blue light sources - packed in there.

Originally, OLEDs were created using small organic molecules, and this required an expensive manufacturing process called vacuum deposition. Since the early '90s, large organic molecules have usually been used. With these, the layers can quickly and easily be sprayed onto the substrate, in rows or columns, by an inkjet-like printer.

The result is a screen that can be scaled down to a thickness of a few millimeters. You'll be able to hang it on your wall and barely know it's there... or even stick it in your pocket.

No joke. OLEDs' ability to use a wide variety of materials for the substrate means that we're no longer going to be constrained by the limitations of glass. A flexible plastic screen could quite literally be rolled up and transported anywhere. And the multi-thumbed can take heart: Drop it and it doesn't shatter into a million pieces.

Sony's Prototype Vaio Notebook with Flexible OLED Screen

A further advantage is that - unlike LCDs - OLEDs don't require a backlight. This means they're more energy efficient (most of an LCD's power consumption goes into the backlight) and can render true deep blacks. They can achieve much higher contrast ratios, about 1,000,000:1. The refresh rate is 1,000 times quicker than with an LCD, making even the fastest motion blur-free. Distortion-free viewing angles are much greater. And eventually, bendable, transparent OLED screens could be stacked to produce 3D images.

One can even envision the newspaper of the future: an OLED that refreshes constantly with the latest news in real time. You could get the morning report on the ride to work (complete with visuals, of course, and audio - if it didn't overly annoy your seatmate), then you could fold it up and carry it around throughout the day in your briefcase, or slip it into your jacket pocket. Consult it whenever you like, wherever you happen to be. And get an end-of-day wrap-up on your way home.

OLEDs have been around for more than a decade but have only taken off within the past couple years. According to market research firm DisplaySearch, over 40 million active-matrix OLED phones shipped in 2010. And the technology is making its way into TVs too. Released in 2008, the Sony XEL-1 was the world's first OLED television. With the XEL-1 you got an 11-inch screen that's only 3 mm thick priced at around $2,500. It's still quite expensive to produce large screen OLEDs. But LG promises a 55-inch OLED TV in 2012. There's no word on how expensive this model might be but since the 31-inch model that is supposed to be released this year is rumored to be priced at $9,000, we wouldn't expect anything less than $15k for the 55-inch model.

Pico Projectors

One hot new display technology takes the issues of screen thickness and material composition out of the equation. It's a battery-powered, fully functional projector, capable of producing an image anywhere from 10 inches to 100 inches on a wall, ceiling, refrigerator door, or your forehead.

Dubbed Pico Projectors for their diminutive size (a picometer is 10^-12 or one-trillionth of a meter) compared to the common projectors of today, one of them will set you back anywhere from $100-$400. They can connect to a laptop, DVD player, video camera, still camera, smart phone, or iPad, and can decode all the popular formats, such as MPEG, JPEG, AVI, etc.

The first ones employed DLP technology with an LED light source replacing the high-intensity bulbs of larger projectors, but they suffered from low resolution, lack of brightness, mediocre color, and fuzziness in direct proportion to image size.

LCoS (liquid crystal on silicon) brought some improvements. But the laser-based projectors - like Microvision's SHOWWX+ - provide better colors and sharper, always-in-focus images. In the future, these projectors will come embedded directly into your smartphone, negating the need for another physical device.

On the Horizon

These aren't the only new display technologies on the horizon. In startups and research labs around the world, scientists are continuing to develop entirely new, cheaper, smaller, faster, brighter, and more energy-efficient ways to display information. These include quantum-dot displays (QDLEDs), which combine the best of organic and inorganic LEDS; and laser phosphor displays (LPDs), which could represent the next generation of large-format digital displays thanks to their efficiency and low cost of ownership.

Advertisement

Of course, the future of display technology also includes multitouch functionality in all devices, or some other sensing technology that interprets how you want to interact with the information you're given. For a couple ideas of where we're headed, here's a demonstration by Pattie Maes and Pranav Mistry from MIT displaying what their group calls "SixthSense." Lastly, just for fun, here's one more video about the future of display called A Day Made of Glass made possible by Corning. Obviously, it will take some time to get there, but the future of display does look exciting.

[Technology's expansion knows no bounds... but its profits do. Invest in the wrong company, or even the right company at the wrong time, and you could miss the boat completely. Don't let that happen to you; put our experts to work for you by subscribing now to Casey Extraordinary Technology. A ninety-day trial subscription is absolutely risk-free.]
post #2593 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

You have to take this with a large grain of salt since it is a Sony marketing video but it is still interesting to hear video professionals talk about OLED's versus their current CRT standard.

http://www.plusplasticelectronics.co...ews-39000.aspx

Anybody with some big bucks want to step up and be the first on the block with a 25" OLED TV? Only $5500....awesome image quality, but you are definitely not getting the thinnest TV in the world.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Monitor.html

We are already getting close to 30" for sub-$5000 :-).

Slacker
post #2594 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Oops, missed this one....a 17" OLED for $3650.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Monitor.html

Slacker
post #2595 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You have to take this with a large grain of salt since it is a Sony marketing video but it is still interesting to hear video professionals talk about OLED's versus their current CRT standard.

http://www.plusplasticelectronics.co...ews-39000.aspx

Anybody with some big bucks want to step up and be the first on the block with a 25" OLED TV? Only $5500....awesome image quality, but you are definitely not getting the thinnest TV in the world.

I think if it had been out this time last year, I would have bought one of these instead of my HX900, despite being a quarter the size.

Interesting video too, thanks.

I can't wait for the HMZ-T1 to come out. Sony are the only company out there actually manufacturing OLED displays for high quality video reproduction (rather than just something for phones) and it is probably going to be the cheapest way to get a large OLED viewing experience at a reasonable cost any time in the next five years.

I'm not confident at all that LG will deliver on their 55" set in 2012, and if they do I'm sure that the cost will be exorbitant.
post #2596 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoptimist View Post

I can't wait for the HMZ-T1 to come out. Sony are the only company out there actually manufacturing OLED displays for high quality video reproduction (rather than just something for phones) and it is probably going to be the cheapest way to get a large OLED viewing experience at a reasonable cost any time in the next five years.

I'm not confident at all that LG will deliver on their 55" set in 2012, and if they do I'm sure that the cost will be exorbitant.

There are a couple of conferences coming up where I think Sony will outline their approach to OLED's. This will be interesting to hear because they are hitting these prices on absolutely tiny volumes and without a commercial sized fab.

It bodes well for what Samsung may be able to do when they do ramp up a Gen 8 fab....and despite these prices, I still expect Samsung to be the key driver in televisions. That wont change until we hear that Sony is stepping up to spend the billions necessary for a fab.

Slacker
post #2597 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

"A further advantage is that - unlike LCDs - OLEDs don't require a backlight."

True!

"This means they're more energy efficient"

Does not automatically follow. Why does crap like this continue to be written? The energy consumption on modern LCDs is ridiculously tiny (check the Energy Guide sticker on the 70" Sharp). Can OLED do better? Perhaps. Are the Samsung Galaxy S phones obliterating their completition's battery life? No.

post #2598 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:

There are a couple of conferences coming up where I think Sony will outline their approach to OLED's. This will be interesting to hear because they are hitting these prices on absolutely tiny volumes and without a commercial sized fab.

It bodes well for what Samsung may be able to do when they do ramp up a Gen 8 fab....and despite these prices, I still expect Samsung to be the key driver in televisions. That wont change until we hear that Sony is stepping up to spend the billions necessary for a fab.

Slacker

Ahh, great point re: Sony's prices being without using a commercial fab. Makes me excited again about this happening soon (I'll leave "soon" undefined so it's easier to meet that goal).
post #2599 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry728 View Post

One can even envision the newspaper of the future: an OLED that refreshes constantly with the latest news in real time. You could get the morning report on the ride to work

So this would be like the paper in the Harry Potter movies correct? Once again, any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2600 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I really don't see Sony going into fabbing OLED. Of course, they have no strategic plan for remaining relevant, so I could see them changing course. Here, again, Apple as sugar daddy would be interesting. Sony has spent 10 years chasing Apple and has gotten, well, absolutely positively nowhere.

The many billion-dollar question is whether anyone is really going to invest in this technology for TV. It remains an open-ended question, but the fact that Sharp has opened the door a crack to interesting ways in is intriguing.

post #2601 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

True!

Does not automatically follow. Why does crap like this continue to be written? The energy consumption on modern LCDs is ridiculously tiny (check the Energy Guide sticker on the 70" Sharp). Can OLED do better? Perhaps. Are the Samsung Galaxy S phones obliterating their completition's battery life? No.

Content matters.

Yes, an OLED will do better than LCD's when showing most movies. That is particularly true now as Samsung is moving from a green fluorescent to phosphorescent material.

Another factor that may also impact the power consumption on a day to day basis is the fact that an OLED will appear brighter than a LCD even at the same given brightness. Something about how the eye perceives brightness is correlated with the contrast ratio of the display.

Slacker
post #2602 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:

The many billion-dollar question is whether anyone is really going to invest in this technology for TV. It remains an open-ended question, but the fact that Sharp has opened the door a crack to interesting ways in is intriguing.

Well, Samsung is making a Gen 8 pilot line. "A billion here and a billion there and pretty soon you're talking about real money."
post #2603 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

True!

Backlighting produces a lot of light because much of it gets blocked by layers. That's the nature of the beast. For the "pure" OLED, light is produced directly, and presumably little is lost thru blocking layers. That of course does not guarantee energy savings (less light produced, but other factors apply), but it certainly is a tantalizing thought.

Or am I all wet here?

Reunite Pangea!
post #2604 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

@Slacker, it matters but not enough. On a 55" TV, the power consumption of an LCD TV is fairly negligible already. No one is making OLEDs allegedly lower power consumption a selling point when the Energy Guide on the LCD is $20 per year. And on the mobile phones, it's not showing up on anyone's battery-life testing, suggesting there is much more to life than the display. Again, not saying it doesn't matter, but it's not some "OMG" advantage.

@Sun, yes, a pilot line. One they could easily use to satisfy tablet production if "this TV thing doesn't pan out".

@Navy, Here's the thing, yes, to an extent. If the organic LED was as light efficient as the inorganic LED it would be a much bigger differential in favor of OLED. But it isn't. And there's two things eating power, the TFTs and the LEDs. Unfortunately, there are current-loss issues with OLED that don't exist on LED-backlit TFTs, not the mention lower luminous efficiency overall (partly because you have to illuminate every pixel separately on "true" OLED, on LCD, you illuminate the whole panel from a few sources on the display edge -- or a few spread out over the backplane).

I'm not saying OLED isn't technologically elegant in some ways. It's just technologically hideous in other ways. And part of that hideousness is why it currently exists on Samsung mobile phones, and pretty much nowhere else.

post #2605 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by navychop View Post

Backlighting produces a lot of light because much of it gets blocked by layers. That's the nature of the beast. For the "pure" OLED, light is produced directly, and presumably little is lost thru blocking layers. That of course does not guarantee energy savings (less light produced, but other factors apply), but it certainly is a tantalizing thought.

Or am I all wet here?

IIRC light extraction in OLED displays was awful a few years ago and researches were focusing on ways to improve it (e.g. -reflective and patterned backplanes). Not sure on the current situation.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
post #2606 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

@Slacker, it matters but not enough. On a 55" TV, the power consumption of an LCD TV is fairly negligible already. No one is making OLEDs allegedly lower power consumption a selling point when the Energy Guide on the LCD is $20 per year. And on the mobile phones, it's not showing up on anyone's battery-life testing, suggesting there is much more to life than the display. Again, not saying it doesn't matter, but it's not some "OMG" advantage.

I agree that power consumption isnt going to be a big factor in consumer TV buying decision.

That being said, it will be an advantage for OLED's (at least those without white/color filters). There is a huge variation in power consumption between watching an "average" movie and doing something like surfing the net.

Slacker
post #2607 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I really don't see Sony going into fabbing OLED. Of course, they have no strategic plan for remaining relevant, so I could see them changing course. Here, again, Apple as sugar daddy would be interesting. Sony has spent 10 years chasing Apple and has gotten, well, absolutely positively nowhere.

I think it's a mistake to write off Sony, especially when you consider some of the things they have accomplished in recent years.

About five years ago, Sony decided to get into the DSLR market, determined to get to the number one position. Now that hasn't quite happened yet, but in the last year or two they have really shaken up the market with their unique SLT and NEX cameras. There is nothing else like these anywhere else in the camera world, and this year they have taken in user feedback (something none of the big camera makers typically do) and have made significant improvements to these products again, including high resolution OLED viewfinders compared to the crap low resolution LCD or single-chip SXRD viewfinders other cameras have.

They are firmly in the number three position worldwide (if I recall correctly) and have already overtaken Nikon for the number two spot in many markets, and the NEX cameras are doing extremely well in the Asian markets.

It's really amazing what they have accomplished in such a short time, because they were determined to do so.

In other markets, like the PC market, there is nothing like the Vaio Z series of notebooks, and once again they are bringing a big change by adding an optional external GPU for when you dock the machine at homesomething else that no-one else is doing.

They have shown commitment to OLED and now have the largest commercially available OLED displays with their new broadcast monitors, after releasing the first OLED TV back in 2008 and using OLED displays in their Walkman products long before they started showing up in phones.

For a couple of years, they were the only ones making LED backlit (rather than edge-lit) displays. They have always taken risks to provide unique experiences with things like the Qualia range.

After failed attempts in the past from other companies and themselves, they are returning to trying to bring HMDs to a mass-market now that the technology seems to have finally caught up to the idea. You never see companies like Samsung, LG or others willing to take a risk with things like this. You can bet that if it's even halfway successful that those companies will bring out clones within a year or two though.

Not everything they try succeeds, but they're one of the few companies out there that still seems to be trying new things and taking big risks.

I think it's a mistake to bet against them.
post #2608 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Sony is not going into OLED ? Sony is all in...at least the R&D power.

Sony is dead.
post #2609 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:

Slacker

The panels used in Sony's HMD and new EVFs are manufactured by Sony Mobile Display at Higashiura Office , there is a G3.5 line there (back in 2008 Sony announced that it would invest 20billion yen to make the line capable of producing 20inch OLED panels , I assume it has been done) .
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english...110830/197833/

Sony is dead.
post #2610 of 10950 Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

This is my post in the 4k thread that sums up what Chronoptimist is saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by specuvestor View Post

Japanese has been starting products that they cannot push in the past 20 years. I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

It will be some time before the Koreans and Taiwanese get into this band wagon when huge screens are more prevalent

I think it's a mistake to bet against Japanese innovations, but I will surely bet against their ability to mass adopt. Sony will be No 3 for a lot of things. That was not how I remember them when I was younger.

PS laptop docking station was the rage back during the dot com days and I think makes a lot of sense, with larger keyboard and display, while charging at the same time. I've been wondering why no one been doing that now nor why it isn't implemented for tablets. Maybe it makes too much sense
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Oled Tv , Lg , Samsung

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page