Insignia Hdtv Problem- Really Need Help Badly Plz - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 05-31-2006, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
(TV TURNS OFF BY ITSELF)
So basically my moms tv will not turn on anymore. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with the power outlet or power bar. Now this is the really wierd part, so bare with me ill keep is as understandable as possible. When the tv is off, a red light stays lit naturally like on any tv set, to let you know there is power going through it. Anyways, when you turn this tv on the red light turns to blue- This is what it did when it worked properly. But now, I dont know what happened but the tv will not turn on. When i press power, the red light turns to blue for a second, but then the tv turns itself off,(no jokes here) and the red light goes back on. But now, the red light stays on constantly. You see before when the tv worked, the red light would flash on and off, when the tv was off, now its just one steady light. I dont know if the red light has anythin to do with the problem I just though Id mention it for all possible input. So basically, the tv doesnt stay on, it turns itself off every time. I tried turning on manually from the tv, and with the remote with no luck. It would be greatly appreciated if one of yous could help.

The tv is a 32 inch widescrn Insignia, IS-LCDTV32 I believe is the name. If you need any other specs just ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-31-2006, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

bump
post #3 of 20 Old 05-31-2006, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
It's broken. Get it exchanged or repaired.
post #4 of 20 Old 05-31-2006, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks your nice Marty. Im trying to save much needed money, and there is no warranty or receipt for that matter. Shouldve added that. But didnt think Id get hated on by someone with no insight to the problem.
post #5 of 20 Old 08-16-2006, 07:37 PM

Only Best Buy sells that TV...you should not need a receipt. I think they just started selling them too. It would be worth a try to take it in to Best Buy.
post #6 of 20 Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM

My TV does the same thing -- turns off by itself. It never actually turns on, just registers in the "remote sensor" light, then powers off.

I called Insignia, I am still under warranty, but sounds like this is a defect across the board. They referred me to Best Buy at home service and they are coming out to look at it. I don't know anything about TV's but the tech on the phone did not sound very optimistic.

If you got it at Best Buy, call Insignia, they should be able to at least send someone out to your house -- Best Buy was able to look up my entire transaction and find out when I bought it, how much I paid for it, everything. They do need a copy of the original receipt though, to not charge you for service.

Anyone else having this same problem?
post #7 of 20 Old 10-09-2006, 04:52 PM

Sounds like a bad cpu. You need to get it replaced. Probably run you about $400- $500.
post #8 of 20 Old 10-16-2006, 09:22 PM

I work for Best Buy. If you paid via check or credit card we will be able to look up and print out another copy of your reciept. If it was purchased within the past year then we can send it to our service centers free of charge for repair/replacement. If the service center deems it unrepairable (cost more than 75% of purchase price to repair) then you will be exchanged for a unit of comparible quality. I would suggest asking for the NS-32LCD - this years 32" Insignia with a ATSC tuner and HDMI input. I own one of these personally - great TV (Still buy the service plan).
post #9 of 20 Old 11-02-2006, 11:29 AM

I Have a TV Insignia LCD same like U, but last week I move to live to LA, CA. and The screen has broken, the TV turn on and shows image but is cracked, your screen LCD was working? Do U be interested in sell your TV or in buy the my for parts)?!!!
post #10 of 20 Old 11-27-2006, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK153 View Post

I work for Best Buy. If you paid via check or credit card we will be able to look up and print out another copy of your reciept. If it was purchased within the past year then we can send it to our service centers free of charge for repair/replacement. If the service center deems it unrepairable (cost more than 75% of purchase price to repair) then you will be exchanged for a unit of comparible quality. I would suggest asking for the NS-32LCD - this years 32" Insignia with a ATSC tuner and HDMI input. I own one of these personally - great TV (Still buy the service plan).

So yesterday I bought one of these TV's for $599.00 (web special with pickup at the store).
To my surprise the set has a RS-232 port. Would you know where to get the codes for it? I have my PC hooked up to it anyway, might as well control it from the PC.

As to quality, I agree with the poster who said the blacks are not very black. The analog VGA input is OK at native resolution. Computer graphics look very much like on my 17" LCD computer monitor. It's a budget panel.

And yes, at the store they were feeding it RF signal from a standard cable box. The more expensive sets next to it were being fed HD programming which made them look 10 times better. But, once provided with a good signal this TV is quite decent. Nothing like the true HD Sonys, but still very passable. I put mine on "soft" picture setting and this made it look a bit richer with darker shadows.
Overall, as a bedroom TV this is one is a good choice.
post #11 of 20 Old 12-24-2006, 03:09 PM

Not to be a jackass for people who bought this LCD, but I'v had really bad problems with it. We bought one for our store that sells music and we play music dvd's on with this Tv. After 2 months of use the power adapter inside the TV fried and died- on 4 hours use everyday. We bought the extended warranty from Best Buy and they replaced it, but it took 3 weeks without a loaner. Now it has decided to die again. This time the backlight bulb fried and we are just thinking about throwing it away. Think twice before buying this or think about investing in an extended warranty.
post #12 of 20 Old 12-27-2006, 04:10 PM

My Insignia 30 inch hd crt monitor just died as well. Exactly as you said, with the red light. The power will turn on for a split second, then cut off again. I got this tv last black friday for $400 and didn't get the extended warranty because it was $250. I couldn't see buying a warrany that cost over half the price of the tv as a wise thing to do. But I could also not see a tv lasting for only a year. It's one month out of the warranty period. How much is typical for repair of something like this? Would it be more than what I paid for the tv? Any suggestions?
post #13 of 20 Old 12-27-2006, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesysEvolved View Post

Thanks your nice Marty. Im trying to save much needed money, and there is no warranty or receipt for that matter. Shouldve added that. But didnt think Id get hated on by someone with no insight to the problem.

I'm not sure what else you wanted Marty to say - it's obvious the TV is broken, you need to get it fixed or throw it away. He has plenty of insight into the problem.

If your car wouldn't start, you'd get it serviced. Same with a TV.

I love HD...and I hated that Anti-Consumer format war.

Now that we can move on... Blu-ray > Digital Downloads!
post #14 of 20 Old 02-21-2007, 08:18 PM

I went to power on my Insignia tonight and boom, no picture. All I get is a nice flashing led display at the bottom where the Insignia display is going from blue to orange.

Called Insignia Tech support and spoke with their outsourced tech support who was of no help. So, they referred me to Best Buy in home service. Spoke with a nice guy there who is going to have a tech come out to the home. They are supposed to call tomorrow to set up a time to come out.

I am pretty sure nothing will get fixed. The TV does have a 1 year warranty at least.

I did however decide to call the Best Buy I purchased it at to see if they would have some compassion, which they didn't since I was past the 30 day return.

All was fine up until tonight, obviously. The set is a 27 inch NS-27LCD purchased on 11/12/06. Buyer beware!
post #15 of 20 Old 03-17-2007, 08:37 AM

By the way, just to update. I was told 1 week later that returning the TV to Best Buy is what you need to do and they will either give you an exchange or a gift card for the price you paid. Wish I was told that the first day I called. The Best Buy in home is just for those that bought the in home service warranty that Best Buy peddles.

I decide to just buy a Westinghouse 32 inch instead. I love it!
post #16 of 20 Old 03-18-2007, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Insignia is best buy's brand from my friends that still work there say, I'd stay away from them. This seesm to be an all too common occurance with insignia.
post #17 of 20 Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 PM

Insignia is a budget TV. If you want to pay 600 bucks for a 37"go ahead. But there are better quality sets out there, personally I would save up for another few months to get something worth while. a panasonic 42" is 1099 right now...I would rather spend the 500 extra for a fantastic TV. If you "cant" spend more than 800-1000 bucks on a tv then, honestly, you probably shouldnt be buying a HDTV. Harsh, but honestly true.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 AM

I"ve got a similar problem, it's new years day today, my TV was working fine last night, I wake up this morning and no picture. Sound works fine. I don't get a flashing red light, it's steady just as always, and steady blue when I turn it off.

But the LCD isn't lighting up (there's no glow) so I can't even see the menu. I called Insignia support and they tried all the obvious idiot-stuff, told me to leave it off for 1/2 hour, but still now worky-work. I'm leaving it off now for a couple hours, but know that wont do any good. Guess I'll have to take it into Best Buy.

I love this TV, it's the 32" widescreen, LCD, with HD picture it's fantastic, although I agree the blacks aren't super black. The Matrix doesn't look quite as good as say LA Confidential. These are really just Mitsubishi TVs with some other cheaper parts added in and the Insignia label. I found that out trying to get the universal remote code for my Dish remote, it's a Mitsubishi code.

Mine is almost 3 years old, I didn't buy the warranty, which I'm still not upset about, still think they are a rip, but it's too bad it died so soon. My family had a mitsubishi that lasted like 15 years, and we sold it so it may still be out there at 20 yrs working fine. What a way to start 2009! I should be reading more anyway.....
post #19 of 20 Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 AM

well, since I didn't buy the service plan with Best Buy and the TV is too big, they wont do anything, they send everything out to be fixed. Now I gotta call a TV repair company and see if they can fix it.
post #20 of 20 Old 01-04-2009, 05:19 AM

CNet site just said that there will be a 55 inch OLED at CES. YES, 55 inch.

www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=JoT1YqNIk4U&feature=related
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page