BDI Furniture Owners? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 28 Old 10-10-2006, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I apologize if I've misplaced this thread - I'm not sure it made sense in any outher forum...

BSI has a new addition to their Avion line - its a corner stand, model 8525.

Has anyone purchased this stand yet?

A couple of questions to the rest of the BDI owning population - how complicated did you find assembly?

Furniture looks awesome to me (in photos and in person) - any people with *negative* experiences...? I will have a Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS receiver inside, which I understand can get pretty hot - any feelins from owners about components staying cool?

I'll be putting my new Sharp 46d62u on top...

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-10-2006, 01:53 PM

I presently own a BDI entertainment center, however it's not the model you describe (mine's the Avion 8529). I can't speak to how difficult assembly was, because the furniture delivery people did all of that. However, I can tell you it took them less than 15m once they arrived and unboxed everything. The actual unit came pre-constructed, so all they had to do was attach the metal legs. Overall, I'm very pleased with their furniture: it's solid, has a bit of heft (wouldn't advise moving without assistance) and a nice, clean look.

Hope this helps.
tril
post #3 of 28 Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Assembly is very simple as the unit is put together with the exception of the legs and door handles. The unit is very well put together with dampers on the doors and drawers. It has great ventilation and is very flexible. One minor caveat is that (at least for the Avion Noir) they give you plastic screws for the door handles and the screws on my top drawer are stripped and don't hold anymore. I think they use plastic screws so you don't overtighten the screws and crack the glass door. I need to call BDI to get some replacement screws.
post #4 of 28 Old 10-11-2006, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all.

I just ordered the new Avion 8525 corner piece. Can't wait to get everything set up!
post #5 of 28 Old 10-11-2006, 04:59 PM

I own a couple of pieces from the Axis line and love both of them. To this day, I haven't seen anything I would rather have in my HT. Assembly wasn't difficult at all.

BDI customer service was also excellent. When my 8022 rack arrived I noticed a small scratch in the top glass. I contacted BDI about the scratch and they sent out a replacement no questions asked.
post #6 of 28 Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 AM

this is good to know! i special ordered the avion 8529 in cherry from magnolia and waiting for it to arrive (it's scarce from what they tell me)...i didn't wanna pay $70 to have it assembled on top delivery...sounds like i can probably do it myself...i've assembled a lot of Ikea stuff in past so i should be able to do it!

thanks!
post #7 of 28 Old 10-12-2006, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Hi iGroove -

I understand these usnits come completely assembled with the exception of the legs and that door handles - so you should def be able to put together.

I hope mine to arrive early next week!
post #8 of 28 Old 10-12-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdistasi View Post

Hi iGroove -

I understand these usnits come completely assembled with the exception of the legs and that door handles - so you should def be able to put together.

I hope mine to arrive early next week!

cool...thanks...let me know how the assembly goes when you get yours...and post some pics!
post #9 of 28 Old 03-14-2007, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

long time...just getting back into forum after some time away...

i *love* by BDI furniture. interestingly enough, so does my wife, who trusted me to buy sight unseen.

received many compliments from friends and family, as well.

certainly not inexpensive, but worth every penny. easily the most well-packaged, easy to assemble item i've ever purchased or received.

bdi has definitely done it right.

post pictures later if time.
post #10 of 28 Old 03-20-2007, 02:27 PM

Does anybody have the BDI Deploy stand and does it fit an 8" center speaker on the middle shelf?
Thanks?
post #11 of 28 Old 03-24-2007, 06:55 PM

I have the BDI Avion Noir. It came pre-assembled except for the legs and doors. What a cabinet. Even my wife loves it.

Jim
LL
post #12 of 28 Old 01-29-2008, 11:31 AM

The BDI deploy (max) series cannot accomodate anything over 7 inches tall on any shelf - How lame is that. I have a center channel and reciever that are 8-9" inches tall. What are my options?
post #13 of 28 Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 PM

Answer my own post

Salamander Synergy series fits the bill - just ordered.
post #14 of 28 Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecker View Post

The BDI deploy (max) series cannot accomodate anything over 7 inches tall on any shelf - How lame is that. I have a center channel and reciever that are 8-9" inches tall. What are my options?

the deploy max CAN handle an 8 inch center, it must be placed inside before top glass is installed, also that middle shelf is adjustable, I actually brought my center channel to store to test it.
post #15 of 28 Old 01-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecker View Post

Thats the one I wanted but wound up with the Cielo 9329 to fit my CC which is a hair under 8 inches. With my reciever below the CC, I had to place the CC speaker, then add the top glass shelf to make it fit. I do wish for additional room for my equipment.
post #16 of 28 Old 01-29-2008, 01:17 PM

Love mine as well, i have the Novia 8428.

by far the easiet piece of furniture to assemble, all i had to do was screw the knobs on and set the glass on the top of it and i was done.

Everyone that has seen it has given a compliment on it.
post #17 of 28 Old 01-29-2008, 08:12 PM

Hello everyone =]
I just got a totaly new system w/a 65 widescreen and the pioneer elite 94,Hd dvd and Blu-ray player.
Now i need a new stand and was looking at the BDI 8429 COC.
Does anybody where i can pick one up online that is cheaper then Mag.?
Id hate to spend more on stand then i payed for my reciever but with the Reciever,Direct Tv,Dvd players and Center channel speaker i need room for it all =p
post #18 of 28 Old 02-13-2008, 06:02 AM

Liked: 11
I would suggest shopping around at your local HiFi stores. I contacted 3 of the BDI authorized dealers in my area and was able to get a price that was about 20% cheaper than anything I found on-line. All the on-line dealers were priced the same.
post #19 of 28 Old 03-04-2008, 01:26 PM

Liked: 11
I just ordered the BDI Meriden from ABT online. They offered the best price and actually had the unit in stock.

I needed something that would accomodate a large center speaker (8.5" by 25.5"). I really tried buying locally, but Tweeter and Magnolia wanted list price, didn't have anything in stock, and only carried part of the product line.
post #20 of 28 Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesd View Post

I just ordered the BDI Meriden from ABT online. They offered the best price and actually had the unit in stock.

I needed something that would accomodate a large center speaker (8.5" by 25.5"). I really tried buying locally, but Tweeter and Magnolia wanted list price, didn't have anything in stock, and only carried part of the product line.

I love this brand for HT furnitures. IMO they have the best looking HT setup out there. Thought they're a bit pricey but it's worth it. I've own 2 of them for 2 years now and I can't get tired starting at them.

PANASONIC 65V10

PS3
DENON AVR-3805 RECEIVER
KLIPSCH SLX SPEAKERS
KLIPSCH SW-10 SUB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 28 Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM

My 8527 Espresso Avion, with KDF-50E3000 50" 1080p TV and Yamaha YSP soundbar.

By michanecash, shot with DSC-W55 at 2008-05-07

Remote Drawer

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
post #22 of 28 Old 09-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJohnson1971 View Post

The BDI Avion is a great stand but by the quality difference, I still like my Salamander Designs Synergy Triple 236 with Black/Aluminum effect better that I got from OneClickMX.com. I got my Salamander stand for $1,259 and they had a one day special of 5% off. My neighbor got his from Best Buy for over $1800 (that's a rip off).

Really like the look and dimensions of the Salamander Synergy Triple - but having a hard time getting past the exposed screws on the top shelf.
post #23 of 28 Old 09-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Advanced Member

BDI AVION II the latest version which just came out. Nice furniture, made of MDF, fully vented, stabilizers, IR friendly smoked glass, wire management, uniform veneer finish, etc, etc.

An excellent stand. Is it worth the money?? That'a a matter of opinion. How much are you willing to pay for a stand and what are you looking for.
post #24 of 28 Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 PM

I'm happy overall with my avion 8529 espresso. But I definitely feel like its a ripoff at anything above 1000 bucks. Its MDF, veneer has cheap looking grain to it, and its made in china. Mine is 77 inches wide and the top flexed just a little bit when I put a 150 pound crt tv on it. So I got rid of the tv and got a plasma. For the money I paid, I could have hired a cabinet maker and had a real hardwood custom piece of furniture. I did have a custom made black glass top made for it and I highly recommend doing that. Really kicked the look up a notch and the glass helps distribute weight over the top. And of course the top is now nicely protected from scratches.
post #25 of 28 Old 09-20-2009, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm happy with mine

post #26 of 28 Old 10-27-2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdistasi View Post

Hi all,

I apologize if I've misplaced this thread - I'm not sure it made sense in any outher forum...

BSI has a new addition to their Avion line - its a corner stand, model 8525.
Furniture looks awesome to me (in photos and in person) - any people with *negative* experiences...? I will have a Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS receiver inside, which I understand can get pretty hot - any feelins from owners about components staying cool?

An old thread but I find myself in a similar situation.

I'm considering the purchase of a BDi Avion Series 2 8927 and a Pioneer Elite SC-27 receiver.

While the receiver will physically fit, there is not enough space around the sides and back for airflow (according to the SC-27 manual). The manual states you should have about 7-8 inches on either side of the receiver but the Avion would only have 1 inch on either side.

Should I be concerned about overheating and look for a different cabinet ? I could leave the cabinet door open while the receiver is in use.

Anyone have this setup ?
post #27 of 28 Old 10-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavious View Post

An old thread but I find myself in a similar situation.

I'm considering the purchase of a BDi Avion Series 2 8927 and a Pioneer Elite SC-27 receiver.

While the receiver will physically fit, there is not enough space around the sides and back for airflow (according to the SC-27 manual). The manual states you should have about 7-8 inches on either side of the receiver but the Avion would only have 1 inch on either side.

Should I be concerned about overheating and look for a different cabinet ? I could leave the cabinet door open while the receiver is in use.

Anyone have this setup ?

I would look into another stand. I like the BDI stuff, but nothing they offered quite fit my needs either. I am getting a standout designes unit
post #28 of 28 Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEman View Post

I'm happy overall with my avion 8529 espresso. But I definitely feel like its a ripoff at anything above 1000 bucks. Its MDF, veneer has cheap looking grain to it, and its made in china. Mine is 77 inches wide and the top flexed just a little bit when I put a 150 pound crt tv on it. So I got rid of the tv and got a plasma. For the money I paid, I could have hired a cabinet maker and had a real hardwood custom piece of furniture. I did have a custom made black glass top made for it and I highly recommend doing that. Really kicked the look up a notch and the glass helps distribute weight over the top. And of course the top is now nicely protected from scratches.

Their stands arent made for CRT screens. CRT TVs have 90% of their weight in the first three inches of the TV. The stand you have has a pull out drawer in the front so there isnt alot of support there. For that reason they only advertise using flat panel or rear pros.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page