Costco/BB/CC/Sears/Dell et al Master Thread II: NO PRICING /NO COUPONS - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

If you guys want service and a knowledgable staff, go to Best Buy or Circuit City.

your kidding right?
thetman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys...I'm having some problems with a tv I bought at Sams a little over two months ago.
Will they accept a return after this long? I no longer have the box. What exactly is their return policy in regards to tvs.

Thanks.
post #63 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

Not to mention BB is famous for getting manufacturers to make up products for them with their own special model/serial numbers, just for the reason so that no other store can price match it, and so that they don't have to match a product that is otherwise the exact same item except for not having the special BB only "model number"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4P View Post

Doesn't Costco have their own Costco specific tv's? Why is that, do you know? Just curious.

M4P - you're right. As far as I know, Costco is the only place you can buy a Sony KDL46V25L1, which is (according to the discussions I've read here on AVS forums) a Costco-only version of the KDL46V2500 that is generally sold by others. I think Costco is the same as most large retailers in using this strategy when they can.

john a
post #64 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratzert View Post

ToolBox13.....

I am glad you have stuck with this forum and given us your input and perspective on this "change".

You have taken some heat for your statements, but I think it's often just mis-directed frustration.

Anyway... thanks for hangin in there. I appreciate hearing a point of view from the "inside".

I am not thrilled about the change either, but it seemed a lot like self-defense on Costo's part.

It's the same old story of how everyone is punished for the abuse of a few.

My biggest regret is not buying the 65" 1080p Panny Plasma on Costco.com BEFORE this change.

Thanks man. Appreciate the support ;-)

Quote:
Forget that 30 day nonsense and only a single adjustment. Go return the thing and pick up a new set.

And it absolutely was the few who ruined it for the rest....
post #65 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 06:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

60 days on tv's. It's not posted on their website as far as I know, but it is in the flyer we get in our newspaper.

On second thought, maybe 60 days is their return policy. Honestly, I can't remember but I know it's 60 days on either price match or returns on tv's.

Yeah well in the Best Buy weekly flyer for last week that expires on 3/3/07, that I am looking at right now. It shows 30 days with 14 days for select items for price matching, and not 60! And it says absolutely nothing as far as any return time being longer than the ones for price matching. And if fact, the flyer also says to go to their web site for info on "other exclusion and details". And their web site still shows it as 30 days with 14 days on select items. So both the flyer and the web site, still show it as what I posted earlier. Also on their web site, here is exactly what it says about in-store returns.

"Your original receipt is required for all returns, exchanges, price matches and warranty repair services. All returns and exchanges must be in original condition and include all accessories. All returns, exchanges and price adjustments must be made in the country of original purchase. Best Buy reserves the right to request identification and to deny any return.

30-day return period
We accept returns or exchanges 30 days from the original purchase. Please review the exceptions below.

14-day return period
We accept returns or exchanges 14 days from the original purchase on computers, monitors, notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors and video games purchased as used."

So again, there is no 60 days allowed for price matching or for returns at Best Buy! It's still either 30 days or 14 days, depending on the item purchased.
post #66 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolBox13 View Post

And it absolutely was the few who ruined it for the rest....

Wasn't me, Mr. Costco. I bought tires--which are still on my car--and my wife buys the ocassional groceries that I assume we eat.

Sorry, you'll have to find other customers to bash.
post #67 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA1 View Post

M4P - you're right. As far as I know, Costco is the only place you can buy a Sony KDL46V25L1, which is (according to the discussions I've read here on AVS forums) a Costco-only version of the KDL46V2500 that is generally sold by others. I think Costco is the same as most large retailers in using this strategy when they can.

Except for the fact that Costco does not price match other retailers. So just what is it really gaining them if they do it?
post #68 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 07:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

How 30 days adjust policy goes by with BB, CC etc?

Once only, and they won't price match another price match.

"The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match."

"What does it mean not to match a competitor's price that results in a price match?
Best Buy will not price match to a local competitor's price that has already been reduced by a price match."
post #69 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberedUp View Post

Wasn't me, Mr. Costco. I bought tires--which are still on my car--and my wife buys the ocassional groceries that I assume we eat.

Sorry, you'll have to find other customers to bash.

Wasn't bashing sir, and I don't see how you could have come to the conclusion that I was. I was just illustrating the mentality that has ruined the liberal return policy. The "return it because you can" mentality.
post #70 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Best Buy admits to a fake intranet-hosted website in stores, to fool you out of advertised discounts?!! This is bizarre:

http://www.courant.com/news/local/h...c-utility-local

Then we wonder why some take advantage of Corporate America
post #71 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40calslugger View Post

hey guys...I'm having some problems with a tv I bought at Sams a little over two months ago.
Will they accept a return after this long? I no longer have the box. What exactly is their return policy in regards to tvs.

Thanks.

sams club still has their unlimited time return policy in effect. they have not changed yet. you will be fine, with or without the box. just make sure you have all manuals and accessories.
post #72 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrell View Post

sams club still has their unlimited time return policy in effect. they have not changed yet. you will be fine, with or without the box. just make sure you have all manuals and accessories.

cool, thanks!
post #73 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I bought a 50" plasma from Costco.cm last March. It went down $300 3 weeks later so I called Costco about a price drop adjustment. It was refused!!! The reason...they added a FREE HDMI cable so the part number was different. The guy on the phone said just to bring the TV back and buy it again. Well, that was what I was going to do until a few minutes later the guy called back and said he didn't like the way it was going so he made sure I got the $300 (+tax) credit .
post #74 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post

Best Buy admits to a fake intranet-hosted website in stores, to fool you out of advertised discounts?!! This is bizarre:

http://www.courant.com/news/local/h...c-utility-local

Then we wonder why some take advantage of Corporate America

link is not working.....

Edit : Quick search and I found it... here is the correct link...

http://www.courant.com/hc-watchdog03...,6935166.story
post #75 of 842 Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 PM

Wow... jsut finished reading that BB article.... that is absolutely insane. I see a class action coming from this one. That is so horribly deceptive (albeit creative) that I can't even believe it.

How could they expect such a thing to stay quiet?
post #76 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post

your kidding right?
thetman

Ok my statement may be exagerated, but what I'm saying is that you will get more more help and service at BB and CC. They specialize in electronics.

One thing that does annoy me about BB, is the infamous non-existing item that is on sale. You go the the website and it is flagged sold out and if you go the store, you have the staff trying to direct you to a similar item that is not on sale.

Please don't buy the bald seal
post #77 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolBox13 View Post

link is not working.....

Edit : Quick search and I found it... here is the correct link...

http://www.courant.com/hc-watchdog03...,6935166.story

I like this little part of the article:

"That last sentence seems to indicate that Best Buy, which is supposed to be staffed by tech-savvy employees, is putting the blame on memory lapses: that employees have somehow forgotten how to access BestBuy.com from the store."

OK, I take back my statement. Either the employees are trying to scam us or they have no clue what they are doing on the sales floor. Maybe both.

Please don't buy the bald seal
post #78 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok my statement may be exagerated, but what I'm saying is that you will get more more help and service at BB and CC. They specialize in electronics.

no worries, I know what you mean-I think its fair to say we have all heard enough stories about BB and CC ( I know I have a few). Your right -some people who have no idea about what they are buying should not blindly go into costco and just purchase a Tv or another electronic item for big bucks without first knowing something about the product they are buying.
thetman
post #79 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 08:53 AM
M4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA1 View Post

john a

Well I ordered a 52" Sharp from Costco.com and it looks like it's a Costco only model. What's strange though is now I see they also have the regular Sharp one too on their website. It looks like the only difference between the two is cosmetic. I actually like the Costco one better in that it's all black cabinet instead of having some silver in it. I still haven't received mine yet but hope to this week. I just hope the guts of it are the same as the regular Sharp model.

Help Wiki for LG BD570: http://www.dexid.org/wiki/LG_BD570 (thanks Dave_Nedde & thx1138)

LG Executive Services 877-543-8325
post #80 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 08:58 AM
M4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverider01 View Post

I like this little part of the article:

"That last sentence seems to indicate that Best Buy, which is supposed to be staffed by tech-savvy employees, is putting the blame on memory lapses: that employees have somehow forgotten how to access BestBuy.com from the store."

I thought it was well-known that BB employees are not knowledgeable about electronics at all. I know from personal experience that every time I've been there, I knew more than them about what I was inquiring about and I'm not even an expert. I often would find myself educating them, instead of the other way around.

Help Wiki for LG BD570: http://www.dexid.org/wiki/LG_BD570 (thanks Dave_Nedde & thx1138)

post #81 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 09:04 AM
M4P

Quote:

Yeah well in the Best Buy weekly flyer for last week that expires on 3/3/07, that So again, there is no 60 days allowed for price matching or for returns at Best Buy! It's still either 30 days or 14 days, depending on the item purchased.

I just called my local Best Buy. I was told that they have a 60 day "price guarantee" for tv's (actually it could be on all electronics, but I only asked about tv's). I asked what it means and he said that if you buy a tv and within 60 days either it goes on sale, or the price decreases, at either Best Buy, or another local retailer, you can bring in your receipt and get the difference. So Johnla, looks like I was correct, yes?

If you don't believe me, you can go to Bestbuy's website, click on store locator and call your local store.

post #82 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:

I just called my local Best Buy. I was told that they have a 60 day "price guarantee" for tv's (actually it could be on all electronics, but I only asked about tv's). I asked what it means and he said that if you buy a tv and within 60 days either it goes on sale, or the price decreases, at either Best Buy, or another local retailer, you can bring in your receipt and get the difference. So Johnla, looks like I was correct, yes?

If you don't believe me, you can go to Bestbuy's website, click on store locator and call your local store.

It is possible that only your area is doing that 60 promotion, or possibly they are trying it out there in hopes of rolling it out in other areas. I was at BB last week and I saw nothing posted about 60days everything was still 14 and 30. I plan on stopping by there tuesday to pick up Borat so I will ask.
post #83 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 12:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

how many times in 60 days
post #84 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 12:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My point was costco's ambiguous, jerk policy did invite a lot of returns indeed!
post #85 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Once only, and they won't price match another price match.

"The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match."

"What does it mean not to match a competitor's price that results in a price match?
Best Buy will not price match to a local competitor's price that has already been reduced by a price match."

I'm guessing that's to protect against "we'll beat any advertised price by $10" and "we'll match any advertised price and give you 10% of the difference between our price and the advertised price" type of offers -- to prevent someone from going and back and forth between stores to keep getting the extra $10 or 10%.
post #86 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberedUp View Post

Forget that 30 day nonsense and only a single adjustment. Go return the thing and pick up a new set.

and while you're at it, you should rape, pillage, and plunder all other aspects of this despicable evil retailer. You should go there, and just eat the demos, then go home laughing all the way. hahaha! That will show em. And if you lower yourself to shopping for groceries and they give you boxes, you should throw them all over the parking lot in defiance of the new refund policy. Because all that matters in life is YOU and how much YOU get out of someone. Forget ethics. Its not your fault you bought a luxury item that depreciates over time. THIS is Coscto's responsibility. You should DEMAND interest on the price difference, gas money to the store, and Costco should pay you an hourly rate based on earnings from your real job for the inconvenience of even lowering the price. You should find some loop hole, and exploit it! Yes. It may be wrong, it may be wasteful, it may ruin things for other members, it may even cause another change in the refund policy, but as long as you get the $100 that you are entitled to, then you have cleverly outwitted the evil regime know as Costco. And you should be PROUD!! Especially on that $3k HDTV you just bought. Never mind the fact that you are in a position to buy a $3k tv in the first place, excuse the irony of all of the effort, trouble, and scam like activity for a measly c-note or two.

Yes, I think it is safe to say that despite "Gooberedup" being able to admit to shopping, or even rapping Costco and their policy, it is the mentality of his that has forced Coscto to change up their refund policy. Their are loop holes in life that we come across that may be technically "legal" or not illegal, however their are many times in which it is wrong. Other people, or in this case businesses, members, and vendors, will be affected due to selfishness. I just ask you to take the high road in life when you come across such a loop hole. my $.02
post #87 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post

and while you're at it, you should rape, pillage, and plunder all other aspects of this despicable evil retailer. You should go there, and just eat the demos, then go home laughing all the way. hahaha! That will show em. And if you lower yourself to shopping for groceries and they give you boxes, you should throw them all over the parking lot in defiance of the new refund policy. Because all that matters in life is YOU and how much YOU get out of someone. Forget ethics. Its not your fault you bought a luxury item that depreciates over time. THIS is Coscto's responsibility. You should DEMAND interest on the price difference, gas money to the store, and Costco should pay you an hourly rate based on earnings from your real job for the inconvenience of even lowering the price. You should find some loop hole, and exploit it! Yes. It may be wrong, it may be wasteful, it may ruin things for other members, it may even cause another change in the refund policy, but as long as you get the $100 that you are entitled to, then you have cleverly outwitted the evil regime know as Costco. And you should be PROUD!! Especially on that $3k HDTV you just bought. Never mind the fact that you are in a position to buy a $3k tv in the first place, excuse the irony of all of the effort, trouble, and scam like activity for a measly c-note or two.

Yes, I think it is safe to say that despite "Gooberedup" being able to admit to shopping, or even rapping Costco and their policy, it is the mentality of his that has forced Coscto to change up their refund policy. Their are loop holes in life that we come across that may be technically "legal" or not illegal, however their are many times in which it is wrong. Other people, or in this case businesses, members, and vendors, will be affected due to selfishness. I just ask you to take the high road in life when you come across such a loop hole. my $.02

Please lets not get back on your morally than everyone else mentality remember as far as I know only one person should judge us...
post #88 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud-man View Post

I'm going to Costco today and see about returning my Oct 2005 ED plasma, it has some issues that have bothered me since it was new, for a few hundred more i can get the 50"HD plasma, isnt the new return policy in effect end of march for new england?
I still have all the original packing and box, they will think it's new and inspect it before it heads to the Compactor, i've returned 2 plasma's yr's earlier and had no problems...i like to push the envelope boys.......................:P

While you are at Coscto upgrading your third Plasma TV, you might try the food court area, you may find a few senior citizens that are unable to defend themselves, you can easily knock then over, and grab their purses/wallets. This will really help you out a bunch, and make things better for you. Then, you can go home with your newfound cash and new HDTV and pound a few Buds, man!
you're a winner, and God would be proud of you!................... :P
post #89 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post

Please lets not get back on your morally than everyone else mentality remember as far as I know only one person should judge us...

Actually when it adversely affects other peoples purchases, then it is relevant to this board. Not that this board is staying relevant to what we are supposed to anyways.
post #90 of 842 Old 03-04-2007, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post

While you are at Coscto upgrading your third Plasma TV, you might try the food court area, you may find a few senior citizens that are unable to defend themselves, you can easily knock then over, and grab their purses/wallets. This will really help you out a bunch, and make things better for you. Then, you can go home with your newfound cash and new HDTV and pound a few Buds, man!
you're a winner, and God would be proud of you!................... :P

Man you should really get over it he is probably just jerking your chain it seems very easy to do.
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page