RCA UltimateTV DWD495RG with extra remote and keyboard (Used) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-08-2009, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an RCA Ultimate TV Unit for sale. Both tuners worked last time I used it, and the front panel is loose from when I replaced the hard-drive. I'm including an extra remote and keyboard as well. It was an RCA unit, not the original DWD490 but the other unit they had for a short while with the larger hard-drive. I no longer have DirectTV and am trying to get rid of the clutter in my basement. The unit is heavy but I have it boxed and ready to ship.
Make me a reasonable offer and pay for shipping and it's yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-09-2009, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Just a quick clarification... when you "replaced the hard drive"... What did you replace it with? Another 80GB? 100GB? 120? 160? Other?

Also FYI... besides the 80GB hard drive the 495 is identical to the 490... I've got one of those (currently as a parts "spare"... it had been acting flaky) but someone that might have a more technical side by side comparison might point out if there are any other hardware "improvements" that might have been made over the 490...

I know the RCA UTV Remote had been changed (besides just a switch from Red to Green LED) so the physical layout was a bit different. Not sure if that was included with the 495 or if it was offered on all 490/495s after a certain time...

Too bad there never was a 500 model (with 120 or 140GB? (they made those right?) drive)... Might have created interest in a 137GB+ model...
Reply Microsoft UltimateTV PVR

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page